man that song is prty sweet wonder what it is...

10+ Year Old Account
    @Karloz nah I've also been waiting fir ZnT season 4 just had work yesterday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    For those interested the 4th season of Zero no Tsukaima has been announced for October(sankakucomplex being my source)
    Always hoped this would happen. Hopefully they can tone down the fanservice a bit in favour of progressing the story.

Wish Gainax would either confirm or deny PSwG season 2. I keep checking their website but then i remember i cant read Japanise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Wish Gainax would either confirm or deny PSwG season 2. I keep checking their website but then i remember i cant read Japanise.
    I hope Gainax has better things to do then bring back that terrible show.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    What was wrong with it?
    Gainax is making bank with all the merch from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I know that feel brah... I tried watching it the other day but I almost broke the screen when i saw the opening... they lured me with the echii plot and made me run with the power puff girl style...

Also now ZnT season 4 has been slated for 2012: ya it was odd to have it this October since it hasnt been announced before and since the author its just finishing the novel after the surgery...

Do want...

Last edited by karloz1337; 2011-08-20 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    I know that feel brah... I tried watching it the other day but I almost broke the screen when i saw the opening... they lured me with the echii plot and made me run with the power puff girl style...

Its been said before but PSG is like the marmite of the anime world. You either love it, or hate it.

Not one for figures, but; WAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    What was wrong with it?
    Gainax is making bank with all the merch from it.
    Like something original. Gainax rarely does more then 1-2 series a year so I would hate for them to bring back that series. They also rarely make more then one season of a series, Mahoromatic being the one exception.

Totally unreated, but this was quite funny. Nichijou + Madoka =

Deleted
    So now that proper Blu-ray rips for both Hellsing Ultimate 8 and Redline have been on the interwebz for some time; opinions?

Hellsing: 10/10 as always, now I have to endure the goddamned wait for the next episode.

Redline: 9/10, nice soundtrack and art but the ending was just too fucking cliché for a movie for me.

fuuuuck one chapter its just not enough!!! dam its gonna be a loong week....

!holy shit Blood-C got real... sadly had to stop watching because of censorship it will have to wait in that warm bench next to deadman wonderland....
    Last edited by karloz1337; 2011-08-21 at 03:27 AM.

Tuesday needs to come sooner.

So, in the last episode of Elfen Lied, was that suposed to be Lucy's shadow, or a new #?

Quote Originally Posted by Faded Design View Post
    So, in the last episode of Elfen Lied, was that suposed to be Lucy's shadow, or a new #?
    its Cliffhanger-sama get used to it...

in the meanwhile im gonna have a MOE overdose with mayo-chiki... not to mention ro-kyu-bu!

random anime songs!
    im posting this because the song sounds nice not because its a mecha anime

Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    its Cliffhanger-sama get used to it...

in the meanwhile im gonna have a MOE overdose with mayo-chiki... not to mention ro-kyu-bu!
    I like mayo-chiki too. I don't like how the last one was sub'd though, with the diffrent names and everything.

Well, just finished Ga-Rei Zero. I have to say that despite my initial misgivings I thought it turned out pretty well. The animation was solid, which helps getting into the world. The combat was quite well done; most series I feel like I have to wonder why they didn't use their skills to accomplish a goal but here I was able to just sit back and enjoy ((spoiler) Yomi's use of her spirit beast as a multi-purpose shield was impressive and I enjoyed watching Kagura pole vault her way onto a building using her pneumatic sword). But more than just quality action, they generated good pathos for all involved. The emotional changes that occurred made sense and the story met up quite well with its starting point and had that satisfying "ah ha" feeling when they revisited previously undecipherable scenes. Finally, the story stuck to its central plot well. It's clear that there's a ton of background in the manga that was left untold, but they concentrated on the primary plot and didn't fetter away their 12 episodes following pointless side stories.

Although that said my main detraction would probably be Episode 5. It's not that it was by itself a terrible episode, it's just that it felt misplaced in the series; perhaps they were trying to give some depth to Yomi's relationship with Noriyuki or possibly providing a lighthearted interlude but in either case it seemed like it could have been dropped with no harm done. They also ruin the end of the series for you by (spoiler) putting "Will you kill the ones you love, for the sake of love?" under the title of every episode, which is unfortunate because it dulls the emotional impact of the last episode. As always I could have stood a few of the gratuitous shots being removed/altered (Two girls are walking down a hall while talking in swimsuits, what part of their bodies does the camera follow? If you answered "face" then you clearly don't watch anime) but it was quite tame in that regard; it's just that the better a series is the more disappointed I am when it stoops to the lowest common denominator like that. Also some of the antics with the motorcycle and wheelchair were pretty wonky. This isn't a major failing, so much as it made me chuckle when I should have been feeling other emotions.

All told though I'm glad I tried it out; was a solid little 12-episode series that I felt was quite reasonably well done on most fronts. Back to finishing 2nd Gig now.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Well, .
    Thanks for the review. I went and bookmarked it. I'll get to it after I finish sora.
    Last edited by Faded Design; 2011-08-21 at 04:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faded Design View Post
    I like mayo-chiki too. I don't like how the last one was sub'd though, with the diffrent names and everything.
    I don't understand what was up with that either, found it pretty annoying.