Just finished watching the whole series of Yu Yu Hakusho for the first time in years. It's still the best Anime of all time. There is also a rare case that the english version is better than the original.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    There is also a rare case that the english version is better than the original.
    Perish the thought and watch it in japanese again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzf9zsqUaKE vs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuawZZq_KyM (i cant even describe how many mistranslation theres just in 1 episode....not TOO BAD in this part but overall...its astouning) yes the english versions might be a little less annoying on the doctor but really...the rest?

btw Sy did you get a pm from me? i dont really see anything im my outbox..
    Last edited by Deamoneyes; 2010-11-17 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    You wont get any kind of message saved in your outbox / sent folder thing unless you ticked the box before sending the message. It confused me at first, I thought I wasn't sending messages, but you are, so no worries ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    fixed for you (if you ever read it you'll understand... lol)
    i don't think i will^^

Just finished watching the whole series of Yu Yu Hakusho for the first time in years. It's still the best Anime of all time.
    uhm, well, everything is subjective i guess xD

what Raven said.
    and yeah, i replyed

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i don't think i will^^
    come on... you should read it... it's cute X3

I personally like it... specially since it's about a teacher... worried about his students... the problems he has to overcome and et cetera... I don't know if I've said that, but I'd like to be a teacher... the only reason I'm studying engineering is because in brazil a teacher's salary is awefully low... but truth be told... I have no love for that cursed course...
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

Perish the thought and watch it in japanese again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzf9zsqUaKE vs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuawZZq_KyM (i cant even describe how many mistranslation theres just in 1 episode....not TOO BAD in this part but overall...its astouning) yes the english versions might be a little less annoying on the doctor but really...the rest?

who cares if theres mistranslation. It doesn't need to be exactly like the original. The english version just worked better.
    Last edited by treston323; 2010-11-17 at 09:55 PM.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

10+ Year Old Account
    come on... you should read it... it's cute X3
    nah, i've still far too many great animes to watch.

who cares if theres mistranslation. It doesn't need to be exactly like the original.
    believe it or not, but there are animes where bad or wrong translations could be very annoying, because there are complicated dialogues (Spice and Wolf) or philosophical issues (Lain)^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal Library of manga books

Name:Bo-bo-bo bo-bo bo-bo
    Info:Recomend those whom like random humor i for one find this the best out there for it
    Length: 5 volumes
    Own: 5

Name:Buso Renkin
    Info:from the Mangaka who created Ruroni Kenshin pretty good seemed a little familiar to Bleach in my opnion still ahs its moments.
    Length: 10 Volumes
    Own: 10

Name: D.Gray-man
    Info:Alternate 19th century world it is very dark in art story-line is interesting is slow at the begining but does become very exciting in later chapters
    Length: ( on-going)
    Own:19

Name: Gintama
    Info:about a former samurai called Gintoki and his crew who do all sorts of jobs to keep a float breaks the forth wall alot balanced humor and action
    Length: ( on-going)
    Own:11

Name:Kekkaishi
    Info:Two adolesence trying to protect a sacred site from ayakashi havent read enough volumes to give a godo enough assestment about it.
    Length: (on-going)
    Own:4

Name:One Piece
    Info:Set-sail for adventure with Luffy a rubber man and his crew as they try to conquer the grandline its humor and action is impressive and its wacky and serious villains make it hard to palce
    definitally recomend this one.
    Own: 55 Volumes

Personal Favorite: Shaman King
    Info:About a boy named yoh and his dream of becoming the Shaman King and living a peaceful life very strong morales in this feature
    Length: Orignal 32 volumes
    Own: 31

Name:Soul Eater
    Info; About a girl name maka and her weapon named soul as she tries to help him become a death scythe.
    Own: 2

Name: Tegami Bachi
    Info: Lag is a boy bent on becoming a letter bee after being delivered by his friend and role model Guache
    Own: 3

Name:Ultimo
    Info:Pure good and Pure Evil the story of two dolls that find out which one is better
    length: (on-going)
    Own: 2

Name:Waq-Waq
    Info:When a girl finds herself in a strange new land where peoples blood is black and she is considered a god a secret about the black blooded people is revealed:
    Length: 4 Volumes
    Own: 4

Name:Yu-Gi-Oh GX
    Info: about a student name Jaden Yuki who wants to be King of Games Like the famous Yugi Mouto
    Lengh (on-going)
    Own: 5

Name:Zombie Powder
    Info: Gama a man that is feared across the land and seeks after the infamous Zombie Powder to become immortal or so he says.
    Length: 4 Volumes
    Own 4
    Last edited by Shroud; 2010-11-18 at 05:50 AM.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

who cares if theres mistranslation. It doesn't need to be exactly like the original. The english version just worked better.
    Might just be us who watch a whole lot of anime in Japanese and actually learns some of the language and then want to give the english versions of their favorites a chance to shine, then when watching it like "no...they didnt say that, wrong, wrong again" etc etc it ends up with frustration no matter how patient you are. And remember the lip synch is made for Japanese kanji and katakana not english...althou this aint anything big you notice it atleast, if the dubbers try to lip synch they will often get a either too fast or to slow pronounce making the sentance feel off.

Even some subbers mistranslate giving the same effect as the dub, but its more rare to find a bad sub than a bad dub. This might not be a big thing for alot but some of us who watch it regulary its plain annoying compared to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Noticed this in another thread.
    Anyone know if this is any good?

Judging by the animation and drawing quality... it looks really nice.
    I can't watch the video right now... but this name... 5 centimeters per second... sounds... perverted lol
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

10+ Year Old Account
    Might just be us who watch a whole lot of anime in Japanese and actually learns some of the language and then want to give the english versions of their favorites a chance to shine, then when watching it like "no...they didnt say that, wrong, wrong again" etc etc it ends up with frustration no matter how patient you are.
    the most important reason for me to watch japanese dubs is just that there are next to no animes in which the english (or german) voice actors are anywhere near as good as the original ones (it's just annoying to hear someone crying or laughing when you can totally hear that it's fake). japanese voice actors also tend to have a really different voice.

romantic drama. i haven't seen it, but it looks interesting and got a few good comments and ratings on anisearch.
    it's really short though, as there are only three episodes.

I can't watch the video right now... but this name... 5 centimeters per second... sounds... perverted lol
    /facepalm

Cant say i remember it well, but i have seen it... only thing i remember is that it felt a bit slow...skipping throu it online its really good looking...i dont really see why i cant remember it :| ill be looking into it

Ok 45minutes into the movie ill just say that its tags fit perfectly;
    * Drama,
    * Romance,
    * Slow-paced,
    * Melancholy

The art is eye candy, so its worth looking at for that only (no fanservice, just plain beautiful style)
    Last edited by Deamoneyes; 2010-11-18 at 03:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If there is one Anime that I just disliked, then it would be Elfenlied.
    That Anime had a good story, which was just ruined by the way they made it progress.
    Now I did not read through all of the replies, so I have no clue if it has been said before (To be honest, I think this is the first time I posted something after those Applications started).

However, you might enjoy "The World only God Knows" (Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai) as an Anime. I've read the Manga, and the Anime was released recently. I think its already very impressive, and follows the story from the Manga really well.
    Opening can be found here. (Please watch it in 1080p if your PC can manage it. Its by far the best and shows way more detail in both sound and clip than the 720p version).

Another one that you might like is "Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao".
    Under appreciated whilst having an Amazing Story-line with good plot Characters. Unfortunately, the "Epic Battle" was a downer, but everything else was just amazing.
    Its hard to find an Opening that has AT LEAST 720p, but its worth it

I usually watch all my Anime in Blue-ray quality, so I apologize for the lower quality Openings.
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Under appreciated whilst having an Amazing Story-line with good plot Characters. Unfortunately, the "Epic Battle" was a downer, but everything else was just amazing.

I usually watch all my Anime in Blue-ray quality, so I apologize for the lower quality Openings.
    I for one usually just view in 320 on youtube, but hey, personal preferences

Anyways seeing as you brought up Ichiban Daimao ill just add this; its quite alot of fanservice in it, seeing Sys pionus march against all the reccomendations coming in with it, id doubt this got throu, otherwise it is humorous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    If there is one Anime that I just disliked, then it would be Elfenlied.
    That Anime had a good story, which was just ruined by the way they made it progress.
    while i agree that Elfenlied isn't that great of an anime when you've got more experience with other (more complex/deep) animes, i actually think that the beginning of the story was rather one-dimensional and got "better" to the end, where drama and some romance added depth.
    However, you might enjoy "The World only God Knows" (Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai) as an Anime.
    funny, i just heard of this one from a friend yesterday. and it does sound humorous
    i haven't seen it, but "amazing story-line with good plot characters" is pretty much the opposite of what i just read about it, which is basically "action-harem-trash with ludicrous story, trivial female characters and a lot of fan service".

me too. i like to see the animes in high quality of course, but the openings on youtube are just a tiny example and often just for the soundtrack.
    Anyways seeing as you brought up Ichiban Daimao ill just add this; its quite alot of fanservice in it, seeing Sys pionus march against all the reccomendations coming in with it, id doubt this got throu, otherwise it is humorous.
    haha xD
    well, don't get me wrong: fan service isn't necessarily a bad thing imo. it may actually add some flavour to mature characters (if presented right).

it's just that the great majority of animes with a lot of fan service are made for ~15 year old boys who seem to be unable (or simply unwilling) to distinguish between "this girl has a deep, interesting and well presented character" and "this girl has huge breasts and i get to see them naked every now and then"
    not meant to offend every single 15 year old boy of course, nor everyone who just likes to see some ecchi (which i do, if it fits and doesn't interfere with the story)

most animes with a lot of fan service just lack many important (= subjective of course) features, like a good story, good character design and intelligent humor.

btw bahumut5, which of the animes i listed did you see, aside Elfenlied?
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-11-18 at 05:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    while i agree that Elfenlied isn't that great of an anime when you've got more experience with other (more complex/deep) animes, i actually think that the beginning of the story was rather one-dimensional and got "better" to the end, where drama and some romance added depth.
    Don't get me wrong, I watched the whole thing. I just think most people liked it due to the nudity & Bloody Violence, rather then the story development. And I think the creators decided to go towards that fan-base as well.

i haven't seen it, but "amazing story-line with good plot characters" is pretty much the opposite of what i just read about it, which is basically "action-harem-trash with ludicrous story, trivial female characters and a lot of fan service".
    Really? What site do you read this on? I get a magazine every 2/3 months full of newly released Anime with top-quality people writing their experience on it (Well, I like it when people are harsh to decide what they like. I'd rather see an 8/10 being a VERY high score instead of 10/10 being a good score). The Anime got a 7/10 there which is "a lot".
    Also: It might be personal appreciation
    I do not mind some Echi Anime, although I dislike it when its overused.
    However, this one was Censored and even the censored messages contained a funny remark.
    That people call it Thrash surprises me. Every character had his/her own story line which was explained throughout the Anime and also explained why they had bonds to "The Demon King".
    It might be my lack of Anime Experience, but I for one found this a very good Anime, and enjoyed watching it.

me too. i like to see the animes in high quality of course, but the openings on youtube are just a tiny example and often just for the soundtrack.
    I think the OP should be well made. Its basically what "sells" an Anime, and the designers put a lot of work in those Openings (which shows, especially with the World only God Knows Anime).
    Lot (not claiming all) of the Music contained in OP's and ED's are created just for that Anime, and I consider them to be a piece of art worth watching once in a while.

btw bahumut5, which of the animes i listed did you see, aside Elfenlied?
    Everything except for Kanon & Wolf's Rain
    Dawwwwwww

Oh Woah.
    Look at that lighting.
    I have to see this, it looks like a work of art.

Da Capo think it havent been mentioned before
    Minami-ke it took some time to remember this name, odd thing that the sisters hair color changes from S1-2
    Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei sorry the......intro just doesnt tell anything at ALL about the anime so...ye..a clip from inside the anime to better explain it

15+ Year Old Account
    I am going to be annoying now because I am just a HUGE fan of well made stuff (Manga, Anime and just Art), and I would like to see it in the best quality possible, but if you don't want to watch it at its highest quality, I can still advice you to at least watch it in 480p.
    The sound from the video will be doubled in quality that way, and it will not ask too much from your PC/Internet connection
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    and case point of why i watch sub becuase for the love of god i dont know how any dubbing company could dub Panty and Stocking with garterbelt its just so much more epic in japanese.But mainly the only dubbs i despise are those who cut massive amounts of scenes and content out of it (looking at you 4Kids!)
    Last edited by Shroud; 2010-11-18 at 06:41 PM.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]