Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Just finished Yosgua no sora.
    I think the music really added something special to that series.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, anime like Air Gear pretty much make me puke a little inside because it keeps bringing up the "why was this made and who is it aimed at?" question.
    The plot, soundtrack and characters are so incredibly childish/simplistic, unlikeable and one-dimensional that even a 10-year-old would be able to predict what happens next - BUT the staggering amount of ecchi/fanservice thrown in (there's actually nudity in the uncensored version), they're desperately trying to play the "oooh now this is getting all mature, look away kids!" card..and failing. It's about as awkward as things get.

It insults the intelligence of it's viewers and is an embarrassment to Shonen/Ecchi as a genre -_-

So yeah, if you want an anime you'll hate try Air Gear
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-08-16 at 10:16 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Polar Bear Cafe still makes me smile like a huge dork, I thought the novelty of it would've worn off, but nope. It's just so damn silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Polar Bear Cafe still makes me smile like a huge dork, I thought the novelty of it would've worn off, but nope. It's just so damn silly.
    /a/ said a few days ago that it was apparently scheduled for around 50 episodes.
    That's like, a whole year of this!
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-08-16 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    /a/ said a few days ago that it was apparently scheduled for around 50 episodes.
    That's like, a whole year of this!
    Awww yiss you found the gif!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I...wha....oh god why O_O
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Awww yiss you found the gif!
    Just found this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Just found this one too.
    Yespls, hnnnnng.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I dunno, anime like Air Gear pretty much make me puke a little inside because it keeps bringing up the "why was this made and who is it aimed at?" question.
    The plot, soundtrack and characters are so incredibly childish/simplistic, unlikeable and one-dimensional that even a 10-year-old would be able to predict what happens next - BUT the staggering amount of ecchi/fanservice thrown in (there's actually nudity in the uncensored version), they're desperately trying to play the "oooh now this is getting all mature, look away kids!" card..and failing. It's about as awkward as things get.

It insults the intelligence of it's viewers and is an embarrassment to Shonen/Ecchi as a genre -_-

So yeah, if you want an anime you'll hate try Air Gear
    You DO know that in the past nudity and even gore(often disguised as giant robot fights but just look up Mazibger footage trust me pretty bad) used to be seen even in childrens series. They have different standards deal with it. Now what REALLY sucks is how americas standards are fucking with anime these days. I mean hell they had to censor fuckibg Nadias nipple slip and that was what a few seconds?

Anyways just remember different countries different standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    You DO know that in the past nudity and even gore(often disguised as giant robot fights but just look up Mazibger footage trust me pretty bad) used to be seen even in childrens series. They have different standards deal with it. Now what REALLY sucks is how americas standards are fucking with anime these days. I mean hell they had to censor fuckibg Nadias nipple slip and that was what a few seconds?

Anyways just remember different countries different standards.
    Still the worst American anime censoring I have seen has got to be the 4kids One Piece. Marine soldiers carry around water guns for crying out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Still the worst American anime censoring I have seen has got to be the 4kids One Piece. Marine soldiers carry around water guns for crying out loud!
    must have been done by Steven Speilberg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Smokers was kinda cool though. I mean they made it so the smoke he had was not his dual cigars but just him. Also i was moreover talking about how in old days we get full on niplles and no one gave a shit hell just watch the OP to Brain Powered another example is the bath scene in gundam where the toddlers and Frow are naked with nipples and dicks included. Dragonball had it as well as have MANY older shows only in like the past decade has it not been cool and i'd bet americas influence has something to do with it.

Ecchi shows are really censored (At least the TV versions are)...
    So very sad on how true this is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, apparently the upcoming To Love-Ru Darkness anime will show nipples. Ecchi shows are really censored (At least the TV versions are), and yeah you're right. I remember Dragonball dicks and other nudity back in the late 90's/early 2000's.
    Not just ecchi shows but bon OVAs in general(also the To Love Ru footage outright now is OVA not series) i mean think about all the "barby doll" breasts out there. Short of full on adult shows i mean even Aquarion suffers from it. Is it so bad that i wish they still had nipples on women? Again Nadia had them originally the NEW version(aka where they turned the old series to HD) had them removed. Hell look at suff like Ranma and then conpare it to Inuyasha(i'd heard the japanese version had nipples but good luck finding that) so yeah i just want less puritanical treatment of our anime. One reason i loved Dog Days had less censoring than most.

Oh man, episode five of Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate was legendary. When they showed that cosplay, I just lost it. And that little yaoi scene made me laugh so hard I started coughing. Oh, too good....
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like SubDesu just subbed To Love Ru Darkness Ova.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    Oh man, episode five of Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate was legendary. When they showed that cosplay, I just lost it. And that little yaoi scene made me laugh so hard I started coughing. Oh, too good....
    Don't forget this week is a double episode! So episode 6 is out too.

Both where glorious. Right before his speech I kept saying "No" over and over again. I swear, if we was really going to read what he had in his hand I would have just dropped the episode right then and there. The trip saved it for me. I'm really really loving this show, it's making me laugh at all it's sillyness quite a lot. I like how the girl was literally fading into dust when he was giving his speech.

Also all the stuff they where doing to get money at the fair. Especially the yaoi scene.

Also two Joshi episodes in two days. If anything is purely amazing, it's that. The entire episode was amazing, poor green hair.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2012-08-17 at 10:23 PM.

awww hunter x hunter is getting to a good part
    the episodes are hard to wait for!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    must have been done by Steven Speilberg
    You know, I actually typed out a reference to the E.T. pointing walkie talkies at kids in place of guns, but though it might be too obscure. Glad to see I am not alone, heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Smokers was kinda cool though. I mean they made it so the smoke he had was not his dual cigars but just him. Also i was moreover talking about how in old days we get full on niplles and no one gave a shit hell just watch the OP to Brain Powered another example is the bath scene in gundam where the toddlers and Frow are naked with nipples and dicks included. Dragonball had it as well as have MANY older shows only in like the past decade has it not been cool and i'd bet americas influence has something to do with it.
    Smoker's power is to turn his body into smoke, it isn;t from his cigars. In fact, in the 4kids edit, they make him a "cloud man" and not smoke at all. Yeah. Clouds. Yup...

To be fair, I am not entirely sure I have ever watched Nadia. I know the series, but I am unsure of the age of the character in question. America seems to have this odd thing where showing naked babies and even toddlers is fine, but any other nudity is off limits. Makes no sense to me at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    awww hunter x hunter is getting to a good part
    the episodes are hard to wait for!
    I am almost caught up on the 2011 series now. I avoided it for the most part because I hated Killua's and Hisoka's voices when they were first introduced. I cannot be totally sure, but it really seems like they tried to make both their voices closer to the 1999 series after that first episode. Killua became more mellow and almost bored where he sounded almost like Gon in the first episode and Hisoka got much softer and creepy. He had an almost cliche raspy villain voice when first introduced. They are going at a much faster pace then the older series. I hope it keeps going since the Yorksin City and Greed Island arcs are great and while it isn't the best arc, I would love to see the Fire Ant Arc animated. Mostly, I just really, really want to see the Election arc. So much awesome in that arc and getting to see Pariston in action will be great. They better keep his sparkles damnit. I am already kind of bummed that they really reduced Killua's cat faces in the 2011 version.

Should I watch the OVA for Black Rock Shooter before or after the series?