SDF Macross, Macross Plus, Macross Zero CLEAR....Now on to frontier, Im liking Alto already (definitely less whiny than Hikaru).

Now to debate which character to cosplay at Sakuracon! Shin, Isamu, or Alto

Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    I'll prolly just go watch Ika Musume and Minami Ke (also if anyone cares are those good or just ok?)
    Haven't seen Ika Musume, but the Minami-ke series is GOLDEN!
    If you like Yon-koma anime, you'll love this. (Yon-koma manga are manga that have 4 panels for a gag and then go on to the next gag. Yon-koma anime are yon-koma manga adapted into an anime, often without any real story and just focused on comedy. Examples are Azumanga Daioh, Lucky Star, Ichigo Mashimaro, K-on, etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    (Yon-koma manga are manga that have 4 panels for a gag and then go on to the next gag. Yon-koma anime are yon-koma manga adapted into an anime, often without any real story and just focused on comedy. Examples are Azumanga Daioh, Lucky Star, Ichigo Mashimaro, K-on, etc.)
    Seen the italicized and loved them. If Minami Ke is anywhere near their caliber, I'll probably love it
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    Haven't seen Ika Musume, but the Minami-ke series is GOLDEN!
    Very, very true. Minami-ke is awesome, if you like slice-of-life, then this one is a must. It's one of those series in wich nothing happens. I love it <33

Although i liked the Minami series it lost much of it's apeal by the end of the second series...it started out like a slightly more mature version of ichigo marhimaro and ended up so bland.

Deleted
    uwaaa~ i just started toradora, and must say, it's a nice change of pace, considering i watched almost only serious anime (X, ergo proxy, 12 kingdoms, Code Geass) so this one caught me from the first episode on.

has any1 been watching the anime movies broken blade or break blade its called either i think
    atm its on its 3rd they go for about 40mins each.
    if any1 is looking for a new mecha anime i suggest this one as it has some interesting characters and the combat is prty dam sweet 2

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    has any1 been watching the anime movies broken blade or break blade its called either i think
    atm its on its 3rd they go for about 40mins each.
    if any1 is looking for a new mecha anime i suggest this one as it has some interesting characters and the combat is prty dam sweet 2
    Gunbuster (older) Diebuster (newer)

15+ Year Old Account
    I've watched Break Blade for the first 2 episodes. Have yet too watch episode 3.
    I have to say though, It looks a bit better then the usual Mecha Anime, but thats most likely because there are so many of those around already and they just started to get boring.
    Dawwwwwww

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    I've watched Break Blade for the first 2 episodes. Have yet too watch episode 3.
    I have to say though, It looks a bit better then the usual Mecha Anime, but thats most likely because there are so many of those around already and they just started to get boring.
    Seen VanDread, Gun X Sword or Zegapain?

vandreads prty cool i made some peeps watch it and they said it was hella repedative...but i liked the ending all the same
    gunxsword had some cool battles and the chick in th epink mech was my fav character...but i think i woulda changed what happend to some of the characters if it was me making the show lol

whats zegapain about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe i should start participating in this thread..

To Start off, here's my VERY outdated anime list: Clicky
    I haven't done an update there for bout 2 years now.. simply lost interest since i had no one to show it too.

Now then, i'm 22 and started watching anime when i was 14 or so. Sooo that makes 8 years of otaku-ness(Otaku pride !).
    I'll watch any kind of anime, from drama to comedy or horror to "pink-all-over-style" (think Card Captor Sakura) and i judge them with 3 factors:

1st: Plot
    2nd: Voice Acting
    and 3rd: Animation work

In my opinion the most important thing in anime is it's plot, it has to have depth, like a book, to keep me glued for 24/52 eps.
    In second comes voice acting, the VC's have to BE the character they are performing (show emotion etc) for me to enjoy.
    Lastly, the animations have to be good, not using the same scenes over and over again.

Overall thats how i rate the animes i watch(but most of them i rate as i enjoyed it), gave many 10/10's in my list, like Full Metal Alchemist and Toradora(dunno if it's on the list xD) and i'm sure i'll be giving a lot more this spring.

Last anime i saw was the K-on seasons i'll try to make a little review based on those 3 factors.

Animes: K-on! and K-on!!

Plot: Pretty much inexistant actualy, some girls want to perform at a famous concert(Budokan) and follows their lives from Freshman's year till senior in the school's Light Music Club. So expect random randomness, a lot of tea drinking and cake eating and some good music!

Voice Acting: Was very good, most of the VC's knew what they were doing(Nodoka's vc is in on my black list :x). Two of then that made me fall in love with the chars are Toyosaki Aki as Hirasawa Yui's Vc and Satou Satomi as Tainaka Ritsu's

Animation work: Good, there's not much i can say about it.. smooth movents makes the characters look realistic. The way they interact with the instruments is also good.

Ejoyment rating: 9/10
    I recomend this to anyone o likes a good laugh and enjoy cool music. Also if you like moe~~ stuff this is a must !

This was my 1st (mini.. and only one for that matter) review. Hope i didn't screw up much.

Currently watching Hayate no Gotoku!!. This one's been on my hard drive for a year now.. newer anime kept me from watching it <.<

(btw my "engrish" is rusty, so bear with me here :P also Wall'o'text ftw)
    Last edited by Neeka; 2011-02-03 at 04:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeka View Post
    Hai dere ,(^.^)/

Actually think that would be cool to see how people prioritize quality in anime and give cool little reviews like Neeka did. Good stuff! And Hayate looks great, I just started a while back too :x
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

Deleted
    I've given Special A another shot, and I enjoyed watching episode 3 and 4, episode 3 made me laugh. Hard. And I watched another Bartender-episode. Bartender is truly one-of-a-kind xD

---
    Wouldn't it be better if there was a subforum in this subforum, for anime, where you can dump all the anime stuff? It might be a good idea to do, although that's not up to me, ofcourse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeka View Post
    of course!
    Animes: K-on! and K-on!!

I recomend this to anyone o likes a good laugh and enjoy cool music. Also if you like moe~~ stuff this is a must !
    agreed.
    although, like you already mentioned, there isn't really a plot and the comedy is on a very simple level most of the time. i usually prefer more intelligent humor, but i still had a few good laughs and everyone who likes some moe will definitely need to watch it ;]

:O no idea this thread existed! *bookmarked*

Here's what I've seen so far

Don't really have a favourite genre... Just aslong as it's all put together well.
    Currently watching:
    EF~a tale of memories
    Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (This one's really briljant, best anime this season imo)
    Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
    Freezing
    IS: Infite Stratos

The last two are more filler, they're alright ish I guess.

no chance any1 here knows if theres a 3rd season of shakugan no shana being made? wiki says there is but idk..

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for me to contribute to this friend as a fellow anime nerd (and draenei lover. Got sick of listening to my sister watch Naruto and DBZ too.)!
    Whats a good fantasy anime to watch? I'm pretty much up to date with Naruto and Bleach, also been watching AirGear, Hellsing and Elfin Lied.
    -Insert flashy and awesome Photoshop signature of my WoW character here-

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    no chance any1 here knows if theres a 3rd season of shakugan no shana being made? wiki says there is but idk..
    There's the OVA's under the name of Shakugan no Shana S. Haven't heard anything about a 3rd real season as of yet.

Depends what exactly you're looking for Jim. Try D. Gray Man, http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=4549 , it has a decent plot. It's also imo far superior to bleach and naruto, where over half the episodes are fillers (junk) and the rest pretty unimaginitive. The manga is better than the anime though, if you're into manga

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim the mage View Post
    Time for me to contribute to this friend as a fellow anime nerd (and draenei lover. Got sick of listening to my sister watch Naruto and DBZ too.)!
    Whats a good fantasy anime to watch? I'm pretty much up to date with Naruto and Bleach, also been watching AirGear, Hellsing and Elfin Lied.
    It's a matter of preference...What kind of genre would you like? Harem? Action? Romance? Comedy? Drama?

Action:
    - Black Lagoon (gunfights)
    - Claymore (swordfights)

Romance:
    - Chobits
    - Honey and Clover (sort of romance stuff)

Harem:
    - Shuffle!

Comedy:
    - School Rumble
    - Lucky Star (Don't watch this if you haven't seen at least 30 or more anime)

Drama:
    - ef; A Tale of Memories/Melodies

Just some random things I've watched and liked.