Hmmm...

The difference with Madoka is that you have different timelines with a constant progression. Homura takes everything she learns from each timeline to try and improve the next. Whereas in Haruhi there is no progression at all until the end of the loop when the characters have (once again) realized something is up and Yuki points out to them exactly how many times it has happened before.

Not to mention Madoka came after Haruhi, and the endless 8 are kind of infamous, so there's probably some influence there.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Hmmm...

The difference with Madoka is that you have different timelines with a constant progression. Homura takes everything she learns from each timeline to try and improve the next. Whereas in Haruhi there is no progression at all until the end of the loop when the characters have (once again) realized something is up and Yuki points out to them exactly how many times it has happened before.

Not to mention Madoka came after Haruhi, and the endless 8 are kind of infamous, so there's probably some influence there.
    Ah, okay, thanks for explaining it better for me. I guess it makes sense that you couldn't compare the timeline stuff to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    It wasn't really the quality of the translations I was worried about, it was more so having a physical book to read from.
    Hmm, I think I'll do that. Cheaper, and all I need is the reading functionality anyways.
    If you only want the reading function, then get the regular Kindle. It's only $70. There is a $90 version, but the only different is the cheaper one has little ad banners at the bottom when on the menu screens. There are no ads while reading though. While I do not read a ton of LN yet, I was able to find the SAO ones in .MOBI format with little effort. I guess if the Fire drops down to $100, it may be worth it, but I find the e-ink screens infinitely easier to read then LCD screens, plus the batter lasts forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    If you only want the reading function, then get the regular Kindle. It's only $70. There is a $90 version, but the only different is the cheaper one has little ad banners at the bottom when on the menu screens. There are no ads while reading though. While I do not read a ton of LN yet, I was able to find the SAO ones in .MOBI format with little effort. I guess if the Fire drops down to $100, it may be worth it, but I find the e-ink screens infinitely easier to read then LCD screens, plus the batter lasts forever.
    The Kindle was worth 200 to me because once you connect to Wi-Fi you can access the internet, you can have apps and games on there, you can watch shows from Netflix/HBO Go/Amazon streaming/etc, and you could also root it and make it into an Android tablet with the android store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I thought I'd start watching .Hack//Sign and I found .hack//Roots, .hack//Quantum, .hack//Liminality and .hack//Legend of the Twilight. In which order am I supposed to watch these? D:
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Tried googling, got a ton of different results. But the main bulk seem to agree about these:
    .hack//SIGN
    .hack//LIMINALITY
    .hack//LEGEND OF THE TWILIGHT
    .hack//ROOTS

Only read Legend of the Twilight myself. Note: Read, not watched :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Tried googling, got a ton of different results. But the main bulk seem to agree about these:
    .hack//SIGN
    .hack//LIMINALITY
    .hack//LEGEND OF THE TWILIGHT
    .hack//ROOTS

Only read Legend of the Twilight myself. Note: Read, not watched :P
    I see, thank you!

Edit: What about .hack//Quantum?
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    The Kindle was worth 200 to me because once you connect to Wi-Fi you can access the internet, you can have apps and games on there, you can watch shows from Netflix/HBO Go/Amazon streaming/etc, and you could also root it and make it into an Android tablet with the android store.
    That's why I said "If you only want the reading function." =P I was going to get the Fire, but I realized the only time I would be near a Wi-Fi connection would be at home or work and I have a PC in both those locations. I wanted the Kindle mostly just to be able to read while sitting on my bed or on the deck or while eating lunch and the $70 Kindle worked just fine for that with a two month battery as opposed to the Fire's 8 hours or whatever.

It seems there is a new E-Reader only Kindle for $120 now, but near as I can tell the biggest addition is a backlight. The original Fire is down to $160 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I see, thank you!

Chronology:
    Sign
    Liminality
    Legend of the Twilight
    Roots
    G.U. (The PS2 games)
    Link (Manga series of the new version of The World)
    Quantum

There is also a movie called .hack//Beyond The World, but I have not seen it.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2012-09-10 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chronology:
    Sign
    Liminality
    Legend of the Twilight
    Roots
    G.U. (The PS2 games)
    Quantum

Thank you!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I like my series to be linear :3
    You should watch Touka Gettan.
    Best ordered series.
    (It's aired backwards).

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You should watch Touka Gettan.
    Best ordered series.
    (It's aired backwards).
    Thats just stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see, thank you!

Last in series so far.

Also you may wanna look into the games. The first four take place at the same time as liminality(liminality takes place in the real world DURING the games) then the second game series takes place after roots i think not sure on that one.

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 04:52 AM ----------

That's why I said "If you only want the reading function." =P I was going to get the Fire, but I realized the only time I would be near a Wi-Fi connection would be at home or work and I have a PC in both those locations. I wanted the Kindle mostly just to be able to read while sitting on my bed or on the deck or while eating lunch and the $70 Kindle worked just fine for that with a two month battery as opposed to the Fire's 8 hours or whatever.

It seems there is a new E-Reader only Kindle for $120 now, but near as I can tell the biggest addition is a backlight. The original Fire is down to $160 as well.

Chronology:
    Sign
    Liminality
    Legend of the Twilight
    Roots
    G.U. (The PS2 games)
    Quantum

Gonna have to look into link but you missed the first game series.

Azazel-san confirmed best animu.

Beelzebub high tier grade husbando material.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Also you may wanna look into the games. The first four take place at the same time as liminality(liminality takes place in the real world DURING the games) then the second game series takes place after roots i think not sure on that one.
    I might just do that! Just to write something more than a short reply like I've done the last two comments... Just started watching Soul Eater (And I actually downloaded it, first anime I don't stream!!), I'm currently on episode 8 and so far it's awesome! A friend who's seen it have me worried though, he told me he dropped the show after watching 30-40 episodes because it turned into something similar to Fairy Tail (as in the main guys seem to lose but end up just getting mad and wins anyway because rage=power). While I do enjoy reading the Fairy Tail manga, I hope this one turns out differently.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    So last week i started watching Shakugan no Shana and i just finished season 2
    i have only watched season1 and 2 of shakugan no Shana.

Now here is the problem i am 4 episodes in and i still have no idea whats going on in season 3, is there something i did miss or will it make sense later?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfe View Post
    So last week i started watching Shakugan no Shana and i just finished season 2
    i have only watched season1 and 2 of shakugan no Shana.

Now here is the problem i am 4 episodes in and i still have no idea whats going on in season 3, is there something i did miss or will it make sense later?
    Makes sense over time. If you dont get it later either then its basically:
    Yuji decided on that winter night to use the god within him to create a new world together so hes basically the "enemy" now.
    It should make sense the more you see though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Your friend is correct, it doesn't end up differently. It's filled with deus ex machina battles, which is sad because I really like the setting. (The halloween world etc)
    I've only read the manga but, in my opinion, it's good enough to keep reading/watching just for the characters.
    That's a pity, I'm really enjoying Soul Eater atm. Oh well, I'm not one to drop out an anime, I might just end up liking it anyways. Shinigami-sama and Dr. Stein are hilarious.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Last in series so far.

Gonna have to look into link but you missed the first game series.
    I did and you are correct. The list I copy / pasted had Liminality linked to both the game series and the OVAs since they were packaged together. But yes, The first game series takes place after sign and shows what is happening in the real world while the games show what is happening inside the game world.

That's a pity, I'm really enjoying Soul Eater atm. Oh well, I'm not one to drop out an anime, I might just end up liking it anyways. Shinigami-sama and Dr. Stein are hilarious.
    The anime series of Soul Eater also splits off from the Manga storyline at some point and has an anime only ending. The Manga is still ongoing.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2012-09-11 at 03:57 PM.

Fools!
    Do you know my legend begins in the 12th century!