10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Termy View Post
    I already watched Ef memories and melodies, Air and Angel beats! Starting to run out of good anime.
    like Parablius said, Spice and Wolf will probably fit your likings, even if romance is again only one part in the anime.

True Tears may be another actual harm anime that you might like nonetheless, since it's really not the typical cheap-ecchi-harem-romance-thing, and it has (just like Kanon and Toradora!) a more mature and intelligent character and story design.

aaand, Elfenlied may also fit your likings. it's pretty brutal and bloody but has some good romance too.

or you may even want to look at School Days. it is in it's very form a harem anime, but unlike in most others, this situation (and how the contested guy acts) is not portrayed as something positive.
    Last edited by Sy; 2011-03-07 at 04:20 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    like Parablius said, Spice and Wolf will probably fit your likings, even if romance is again only one part in the anime.

True Tears may be another actual harm anime that you might like nonetheless, since it's really not the typical cheap-ecchi-harem-romance-thing, and it has (just like Kanon and Toradora!) a more mature and intelligent character and story design.

aaand, Elfenlied may also fit your likings. it's pretty brutal and bloody but has some good romance too.

or you may even want to look at School Days. it is in it's very form a harem anime, but unlike in most others, this situation (and how the contested guy acts) is not portrayed as something positive.
    Toradora, Spice Wolf and Kanon downloading now :3

Already watched Elfen Lied, it's a classic afterall

I tried watching School days but it wasn't really me so I gave up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toradora, Spice Wolf and Kanon downloading now :3
    i hope you are downloading the Kanon remake 2006?
    because the old one (2002) is much worse.
    Already watched Elfen Lied, it's a classic afterall
    true^^
    I tried watching School days but it wasn't really me so I gave up.
    yeah, it's not something for everybody.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've already downloaded Kanon 2006 but haven't got around to watching it.

I didn't really mind anything in School Days it just wasn't entertaining me so no point in watching the rest of it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    This. Agree, there is a pretty big distinction. But realistically, its always better to just follow your feelings like a penlight in the dark than sitting down and ignoring it. You have to be controlled by your emotions to some degree, otherwise you lose out on what you really desire and want.
    /Smarty pants off

Finished Lucky Star and NGE today.

That has to be the starkest contrast in endings ever.
    What can someone recommend when it comes to mecha? Need more! (Watching Code Geass, seen TTGL, have Gundam SEED and 00, want to watch Bokurano. What else?)
    OOOh this is easy. If you liked negima and don;t mind most;ly comedy fr aboit half the series maybe more but awesme fights when they happen then. Isekai no Sekishi Monogatari

Anothe good series is gundam wing Gundam 00 was kinda meant to be a remake of it. G Gunddam is good if you want something less serious. Also Dual Parrallel Trouble Adventure is one of my favorites. Gravion is pretty funthe entire series is a refrence/omage/not to 70s mnecha. And that's all i got for now my left eye is killing me.

---------- Post added 2011-03-07 at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    Tenchi? Where is Tenchi OVA?

Obviously it is better than everything else on the list, but I may be biased
    Tenchi is awesome but not the best. Also i have seen every tenchi series \/spinoff EXCEPT the recent sasami magical girls club.

Oh and @Sy sorry for the whole gender mixup. But yeah i don;t really get it either. When i say you think that's bad and mention it i'm actually laughing to myself a bit. But some guys still go by that gender stereotype for sokme reason.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2011-03-07 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    Hope you sir enjoy Spice n Wolf as i did from start till end , one of my favorite animes plus has a nice flavour it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Oh and @Sy sorry for the whole gender mixup. But yeah i don;t really get it either. When i say you think that's bad and mention it i'm actually laughing to myself a bit. But some guys still go by that gender stereotype for sokme reason.
    no need to appologize, i don't care if people on the internet get my gender wrong, and it happens quite often
    and i guess it really sounded more like a female's perspective, the way i phrased it^^

10+ Year Old Account
    The emotions and behaviours of the characters in Kimi ni Todoke just seem so erm... human. I'm really enjoying it too.

So I'm almost done with Trigun now (friend recommended it, and it's quite decent although not my type).

Trying to find some romance series that are not harem (what's with all of them being harem these days?). I really enjoyed Bakemonogatari as the characters conversations were the most fun I've ever seen.

Have anyone found any good romance anime that don't overuse the usual cheap slapstick comedy (guy trips and faceplants in boobs, guy gets slapped, people laugh...)?

Also the new Ah! My Goddess is going to be awesome :3

seen elemental gelade?

Trying to find some romance series that are not harem
    A bit late on this, but dammit I'm goin' with it anyway.

Lovely Complex and Kimi ni Todoke.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    A bit late on this, but dammit I'm goin' with it anyway.

Lovely Complex and Kimi ni Todoke.
    I watched Lovely Complex before and it was actually pretty good. A friend of mine also recommended Kimi ni Todoke earlier, so might have to try that sometime.

But for now, True Tears is pretty damn good, first few episodes far exceed expectations

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently reside in Japan, lived most of my life in Georgia, USA
    Just finished Higurashi no Naku Koro ni....holy crap. I thought Umineko was good, but Higurashi blows it out of the water. I must admit I was a bit taken aback when I heard sweet, innocent Nagisa raving like a lunatic(same seiyuu does a character in the show), but the series is amazing none-the-less. I'm starting Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai tonight, hope to finish it by the weekend. Even with the outdated animation, the story was simply amazing. I'm really excited to see how Kai, with updated animation, will do. From the reviews I've gathered that everyone likes Kai better as well, so we'll see. If murder mysteries with a bit of sci-fi/fantasy thrown in are your thing, this is a must see. Even if they aren't your thing, I'd still recommend this series, as well as Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

I have a challenge!

I have been checking out some anime as recommended on here and I can't get one anime that I started and never finished from a while back out of my head. I think I only watched the first episode likely. The main character was a highschool boy and he moved to live with his aunt and cousin I belive. They own like an all girls dormintory and the boy ends up offering to repay his aunt I belive for helping him out with allowing him to stay there so he was cleaning out the girls locker room when all of a sudden I think he stumbles upon a naked girl or something like that. He is pretty popular with the ladies (what guy in an all girl building wouldn't be =D )and I remember this mysterious girl who is an athlete ( I think High jump, and shes super serious and like the top ranked in Japan or something) comes to his room and sees two girls there and it looks like something its not. He is interested in this girl but always seems to make a fool out of himself or something happens and they never properly are introduced or talk. I think thats all I can remember

Anyone have a clue what Im talking about? Its bugging me!

Thanks

---------- Post added 2011-03-07 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    summer wars is great. i can't wait for a subbed version of Colors to come out. same director, also the guy who did the girl who leapt through time.
    I havent seen it but remember watching the trailer for when it was released in the states and it blew my mind I had no idea what was going on lol Ill ad it to my list of stuff I need to watch on my upcoming spring break =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandra View Post
    I have a challenge!

I have been checking out some anime as recommended on here and I can't get one anime that I started and never finished from a while back out of my head. I think I only watched the first episode likely. The main character was a highschool boy and he moved to live with his aunt and cousin I belive. They own like an all girls dormintory and the boy ends up offering to repay his aunt I belive for helping him out with allowing him to stay there so he was cleaning out the girls locker room when all of a sudden I think he stumbles upon a naked girl or something like that. He is pretty popular with the ladies (what guy in an all girl building wouldn't be =D )and I remember this mysterious girl who is an athlete ( I think High jump, and shes super serious and like the top ranked in Japan or something) comes to his room and sees two girls there and it looks like something its not. He is interested in this girl but always seems to make a fool out of himself or something happens and they never properly are introduced or talk. I think thats all I can remember
    Sounds like Suzuka well the all grils dorm moved aunt and athlete part at least. So yeah i;m guessing Suzuka.

Deleted
    Suzuka's the only anime/manga I know where the main girl does high jump. So yeah, I'd say Suzuka too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Suzuka's the only anime/manga I know where the main girl does high jump. So yeah, I'd say Suzuka too.
    LOL yeah i felt the same. Before the sports part i was going ookay how many does this match but then i read about the sports bit and i had SOOO many flashbacks the dorm the college girls harrasing him and of course suzuka herself.

Oh and anyone know of any series with a similar vibe to Zero no Tsukaima,Shakugan no Shana and index a bit but mainly the first two. Un paricular the way the relationships tend to play out i;m done rewatching zero no tsukaima(give me a season 4 already) and i want something witha similar feel since i;ve been down lately and it's a nice pick me up.

Deleted
    Well you got Toradora! since Taiga's seiyuu is the same as Louise and Shana, and it's the same kind of character (-ish). But I'm pretty sure it's already been talked about multiple times in this thread.

Still with the same seiyuu, and romance/comedy, Hayate no Gotoku (more on the comedy side for this one though). Been discussed too I think.

To illustrate:
    http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/5922/mashup1.jpg
    http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/t...2226acdd-1.jpg

Deleted
    Where is "Zero no Tsukaima"? I'm deeply disappointed since it's the best humor anime out there apart from "Ouran High School Host Club"...

EDIT: Also no "Haruhi Suzumiya"! :O There is even a RL cult of nerds for that anime.
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2011-03-08 at 11:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Well you got Toradora! since Taiga's seiyuu is the same as Louise and Shana, and it's the same kind of character (-ish). But I'm pretty sure it's already been talked about multiple times in this thread.

Still with the same seiyuu, and romance/comedy, Hayate no Gotoku (more on the comedy side for this one though). Been discussed too I think.

To illustrate:
    http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/5922/mashup1.jpg
    http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/t...2226acdd-1.jpg
    Seen em both LOL. Also yeah was craving some more hayate earlier gotta get the rest of the manga. Might rewatch that series.

---------- Post added 2011-03-08 at 11:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    Where is "Zero no Tsukaima"? I'm deeply disappointed since it's the best humor anime out there apart from "Ouran High School Host Club"...

EDIT: Also no "Haruhi Suzumiya"! :O There is even a RL cult of nerds for that anime.
    Both have been mentioned Zero no Tsukaima i even mentioned rewatching at least 3-6 times on the past 2 pages alone.Hell ie ven mentioned how i'm checking out the novels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also any opinion on Card Captor Sakura?
    I don't think I can rely on other sources because I get "OMFG SO MATURE AND DEEP MAN" in addition to "LOL MAGICAL GIRL LAMENESS" in addition to "This story very good those who like clamp" in addition to "Loved that sh** when I was 10". So I really don't know what to make of it.

Normally I'd just say "screw it, go watch it" but it looks like it has 70 episodes so...

Also heard that if you want to watch a lot of other Clamp stuff you have to see Sakura (example: xxxHolic, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic