15+ Year Old Account
    Urusei Yatsura. The End.
    Was hit with a nerf bat!

Wolverine just hit the sub realm. It's a lot better than Ironman, thank goodness.

I'm giving this one a chance. Wolvering is a much darker character and his story is a lot more character driven than Ironman was. Plus he already has a lot of backstory of his time in Japan.

Should check out Inuyasha if you've never seen it. Its one of my favorite animes.

Deleted
    I cant stand drawin style like Cross Game so thats why i propably wont like Inayusha , but hey at last new season has came.

Freezing Ep 1 - http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/freez...isode-1-online , yay for new ecchi
    Vanguard - about card games first ep was decent if you like such anime.

Watched Futtari Ecchi while searching some ecchi to watch - just lol no comments.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? is out : http://myanimelist.net/anime/8841/Ko...Zombie_Desu_ka

I believe it's something like "Is this a Zombie?", supposed to be a comedy I believe, but looks like more and is categorized as Magic and Action. Based on the name and the illustration, I think this will be a good one.

Level-E is also out. http://myanimelist.net/anime/9834/Level_E - Comedy - SciFi - Shounen (aimed towards young men/teens). I don't really know what to think about this one before watching it, I think it could be good or a pass over.

Wolverine is definitely shaping up quite nicely. And I love his VA (Rakan from the Negima OVAS, Hakuoro from Utawarerumono which btw I think I'll recommend).

Recommendation - Utawarerumono (Highly suggest original Jap dub over english, the english version is subpar and the jap is superb, it will likely be a large enough factor to push you towards liking or disliking it). http://myanimelist.net/anime/856/Utawarerumono

It's not a simple story, it's got plenty of development and twists. The action is good, the music is good, the VA's are great, the animation is all around great, the art is great. I don't really know which category it falls under primarily but it's a good mix of Action(/War)/Comedy/Romance/Drama/Fantasy.
    Last edited by Zhabin; 2011-01-10 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Wolverine - Utawarerumono

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalazar View Post
    Should check out Inuyasha if you've never seen it. Its one of my favorite animes.
    Inuyasha... Ahh, those sweet days of Inuyasha..
    Think I'll have to rewatch it sometime later on...
    KAZE NO KIZU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simsons2 View Post
    Watched Futtari Ecchi while searching some ecchi to watch - just lol no comments.
    Unbelievable... Someone else have seen IT...
    Dropped at the 2nd OVA, will watch the rest later though. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zhabin View Post
    Level-E is also out. http://myanimelist.net/anime/9834/Level_E - Comedy - SciFi - Shounen (aimed towards young men/teens). I don't really know what to think about this one before watching it, I think it could be good or a pass over.
    Just FYI: Don't mistake Level C for E, because there might be some people (umm... 0.01%?) who doesn't like Shounen Ai/Yaoi.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2011-01-10 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Added the latest post.

OMG Kore wa Zombie desu ka had me laughing so hard I almost cried.

Just saw Dragon Crisis as well. I'm not too sure about the first episode. I think they could have done it a lot better. They kinda tossed you right in the middle and didn't explain anything. So I'm still a little lost on what's going on. I like the premise of it though.

Last edited by lizon; 2011-01-10 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    OMG Kore wa Zombie desu ka had me laughing so hard I almost cried.

Good , i'm looking forward to watching this in about half an hour along with level E and dragon crisis...stupid isp bandwidth capping during the day means i need to wait

Just finished watching Kore wa Zombie desu ka , and yes it was very funny...and was it just me who thought the bear they fought in the first half looked like a certin loli loving bear?

Dragon Crisis down...wasnt bad it has left alot out but hinted at what was not there, some trauma for the main char from a cursed item so i would expect some flash backs later in the series.
    Reminded me of Toaru Majutsu no Index apart from the main char.
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2011-01-10 at 09:57 PM.

Kore wa Zombie desu ka : While I didn't find it "lol" funny, I was thoroughly entertained, a very promising first episode. I'm glad that the main character isn't useless and just fodder for the other characters like in Kaibutsu oujo (which this reminds me of quite a bit with the whole being resurrected thing).

Dragon Crisis: Rather interesting and while you don't get much information, there's enough to get by.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I got a mail 2 days ago with a WHOLE LIST of Anime I "Should surely check out and comment on".
    I must say that I found 2 of them very entertaining (and I believe both are already mentioned in this thread).

So here it goes:
    #1: Kore wa Zombie desu ka
    Looks like a lot of fun. Humorous happenings and random stuff. Little bit Echi but as I previously mentioned, that should not distract a viewer from the main story. The humor they use seems to be a lot like the humor they used in one of the Angel Beats episodes (where they all have to distract Angel by Dying in some rather amazing ways), and it might be worth watching if you are looking for a new Anime. The main character is a normal boy (except for being dead of course) who's just casually living together with a Necromancer and a Magician who uses a chainsaw rather than a magic wand. Judging from the Intro, there will be a Ninja involved as well and it seems this Anime will also go to the Harem Genre (what a surprise isn't it? About 70% of Anime are now Harem).
    First impression:
    Originality: 7/10
    Visual: 8/10
    Audio: 7/10
    Play: 8/10
    Overall: 7/10

Beelzebub:
    A fun but yet rather unique Anime about a delinquent who's rather the Devil himself, but with a little baby boy who he is raising. This little boy, however, is nothing less then the future Demon Lord who is to be raised to destroy humanity because the current Demon Lord is too busy with chores like PsP'ing and having an annual 1000 day Yahtzee competition. This baby however, seems to let out Electric Charges whenever he's sad, and also seems to be able to resonate together with the main character to let out some other energy.
    Originality: 8/10
    Audio: 6/10

These 2 are the only really noteworthy ones right now though. Still going through a list of Anime they send me to check out and I've so far seen quite a lot, but most of them were too unoriginal or anything like that (cough, Yumekui Merry cough).
    Ill make another post when I've seen everything and when I think something else is noteworthy.

Edit: A 7 is high in my book.
    Last edited by bahumut5; 2011-01-11 at 03:25 PM.
    Dawwwwwww

Just watched Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Really, if you haven't watched it... do it. If you've seen Full Metal Alchemist and doesn't want to see Brotherhood too... Watch it anyhow. Parts of it are the same, especially the beginning, but Brotherhood is one million friggin times better. I saw Full Metal Alchemist in two days two-three years ago or so, and I still plowed through Brotherhood in three days. Bloody fantastic show. Not just as an anime only compared to anime, but as a show in general.

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    So I got a mail 2 days ago with a WHOLE LIST of Anime I "Should surely check out and comment on".
    I must say that I found 2 of them very entertaining (and I believe both are already mentioned in this thread).

So here it goes:
    #1: Kore wa Zombie desu ka
    Looks like a lot of fun. Humorous happenings and random stuff. Little bit Echi but as I previously mentioned, that should not distract a viewer from the main story. The humor they use seems to be a lot like the humor they used in one of the Angel Beats episodes (where they all have to distract Angel by Dying in some rather amazing ways), and it might be worth watching if you are looking for a new Anime. The main character is a normal boy (except for being dead of course) who's just casually living together with a Necromancer and a Magician who uses a chainsaw rather than a magic wand. Judging from the Intro, there will be a Ninja involved as well and it seems this Anime will also go to the Harem Genre (what a surprise isn't it? About 70% of Anime are now Harem).
    First impression:
    Originality: 7/10
    Audio: 7/10

Beelzebub:
    A fun but yet rather unique Anime about a delinquent who's rather the Devil himself, but with a little baby boy who he is raising. This little boy, however, is nothing less then the future Demon Lord who is to be raised to destroy humanity because the current Demon Lord is too busy with chores like PsP'ing and having an annual 1000 day Yahtzee competition. This baby however, seems to let out Electric Charges whenever he's sad, and also seems to be able to resonate together with the main character to let out some other energy.
    Originality: 8/10
    Audio: 6/10

These 2 are the only really noteworthy ones right now though. Still going through a list of Anime they send me to check out and I've so far seen quite a lot, but most of them were too unoriginal or anything like that (cough, Yumekui Merry cough).
    Ill make another post when I've seen everything and when I think something else is noteworthy.

Edit: A 7 is high in my book.
    Gosick and Yumekui Merry you may like, although Yumekui Merry prob isn't exactly your cup of tea based on what you like so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarghol View Post
    Just watched Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Really, if you haven't watched it... do it. If you've seen Full Metal Alchemist and doesn't want to see Brotherhood too... Watch it anyhow. Parts of it are the same, especially the beginning, but Brotherhood is one million friggin times better. I saw Full Metal Alchemist in two days two-three years ago or so, and I still plowed through Brotherhood in three days. Bloody fantastic show. Not just as an anime only compared to anime, but as a show in general.
    My problem with Brotherhood was that the differences between the first FMA and Brotherhood weren't really that apparent until 12-13 episodes into the anime. By then I was bored with it and dropped it. Heck some parts of those early episodes may have well had been ripped off directly from the first FMA, they were THAT similar. If they had done something differently at those early episodes, like use different angles, perspectives, or what not, then MAYBE I would have watched it to the end. As it was I was bored, I wanted to watch something that was new and fresh, not re-hashed of something that I had already seen.

Plus when you consider that there were anime's like Shrangri-la, K-ON! and Tears to Tiara showing at the same time it's easy to get pulled away. Maybe someday I'll go back and watch the rest of the series from where I stopped. But from what I saw I was unimpressed.
    Last edited by lizon; 2011-01-11 at 03:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gosick and Yumekui Merry you may like, although Yumekui Merry prob isn't exactly your cup of tea based on what you like so far.
    I actually mentioned it in the part you quoted :P
    Also: I like a lot of Anime. I don't really care what Genre it is.
    Its just that these are among those I watched the first, and I enjoyed them the most.
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    I actually mentioned it in the part you quoted :P
    Also: I like a lot of Anime. I don't really care what Genre it is.
    Its just that these are among those I watched the first, and I enjoyed them the most.
    I try to give all anime's a shot unless I know their some child's anime or a genre that I absolutely will not like....*points to Cardfight Vanguard*

But really try Gosick. I only watched it cause I was bored waiting on some of the other anime's to come out and enjoyed it so much that it shot to nearly the top of my list for this season. I was pleasantly surprised by it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I try to give all anime's a shot unless I know their some child's anime or a genre that I absolutely will not like....*points to Cardfight Vanguard*

But really try Gosick. I only watched it cause I was bored waiting on some of the other anime's to come out and enjoyed it so much that it shot to nearly the top of my list for this season. I was pleasantly surprised by it.
    I checked my list, and it was on it.
    So I went ahead and bumped it up. I have to say, I liked how it started. A little bit detective in the right time-frame whilst also a bit about Mystery.
    Dawwwwwww

i finnally watched clannad and afterstory, had held off thinking it was something people just exagerated when they said how good it was....well now i have a new fav anime=D

Isn't it always like that? I was that way with Code Geass. "Eh, it's probably just some mediocre show that's overrated." and here I am loving it a couple of years later.

"I am a zombie...oh and im also a magical girl"

that has to be one of the best lines ending an episode i have ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickynoo831 View Post
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is by far my favorite anime complete season.
    I recently finished watching this and must say that I was very, very disappointed after all the praise it got.
    The episodes until Kamina dies are just plain silly and awful, after his death it gets better until the moment they go into freakin' space. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started watching Xam'd the other day. It is really good. I was surprised...mostly because it was on hulu :P. I has a good mix of Action, drama, and Quarkyness.