Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    I just started watching Xam'd the other day. It is really good. I was surprised...mostly because it was on hulu :P. I has a good mix of Action, drama, and Quarkyness.
    It's started out as a download on the ps3 back when the console was launched so it prety much on all the comercial paid download services...and it is indeed exclent...even the opening and end songs are awsome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    It's started out as a download on the ps3 back when the console was launched so it prety much on all the comercial paid download services...and it is indeed exclent...even the opening and end songs are awsome.
    I think I still have stat song on my iPhone even after 1 year
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    My problem with Brotherhood was that the differences between the first FMA and Brotherhood weren't really that apparent until 12-13 episodes into the anime. By then I was bored with it and dropped it. Heck some parts of those early episodes may have well had been ripped off directly from the first FMA, they were THAT similar. If they had done something differently at those early episodes, like use different angles, perspectives, or what not, then MAYBE I would have watched it to the end. As it was I was bored, I wanted to watch something that was new and fresh, not re-hashed of something that I had already seen.

Plus when you consider that there were anime's like Shrangri-la, K-ON! and Tears to Tiara showing at the same time it's easy to get pulled away. Maybe someday I'll go back and watch the rest of the series from where I stopped. But from what I saw I was unimpressed.
    Yea, it was, and it keeps on a bit like that for a while, but at around 25 or so episodes, after a certain point, the changes from the original are really drastic and a hundred times better than the original series. I don't watch much anime and had the time to check up on it, but if you find yourself lacking a good series, I'd definitely recommend getting through it. Heck, I'm recommending it anyways, the story is pretty fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarghol View Post
    Yea, it was, and it keeps on a bit like that for a while, but at around 25 or so episodes, after a certain point, the changes from the original are really drastic and a hundred times better than the original series. I don't watch much anime and had the time to check up on it, but if you find yourself lacking a good series, I'd definitely recommend getting through it. Heck, I'm recommending it anyways, the story is pretty fantastic.
    I'll try to get to it later, but it prob won't happen for a good while, prob months down the line. I just can't see how an anime that barely stays alive for half it's duration can be considered good. The animation team really dropped the ball if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    I recently finished watching this and must say that I was very, very disappointed after all the praise it got.
    The episodes until Kamina dies are just plain silly and awful, after his death it gets better until the moment they go into freakin' space. :/

idk i liked everything except the ending that was a major letdown

ojensa89
    if i had to pick the some of my favorite animes it must be...

Gintama (best comedy/parody anime ever)
    Code Geass
    Cowboy Bebop
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Ergo Proxy

i'd also recommend Karas, a decent anime with good animation/visuals

Currently watching Mushi-shi and Soul Eater, both seem to be pretty solid. Sora no Otoshimono (and Forte) are pretty funny if you don't mind the massive amounts of fanservice.

karas did have good visuals and combat....but i thought i had a hard time following the story tis a little bit trippy in some parts

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    karas did have good visuals and combat....but i thought i had a hard time following the story tis a little bit trippy in some parts
    That's pretty much it. I'm good at sticking with things though and once you get more/the full story it's not much of an issue.

Level-E - http://myanimelist.net/anime/9834/Level_E

Don't really know what to say about this but I'm enjoying it. It's not as much comedy as you might expect since it got the "comedy" tag. It looks like an overall enjoyable series. I'm a fan of the VA for the alien (above link - guy in picture) and him being the/a main character, that will boost my enjoyment of the series overall. It's not a super serious show (so far) but it's not like a gag anime or anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Currently watching Mushi-shi and Soul Eater, both seem to be pretty solid. Sora no Otoshimono (and Forte) are pretty funny if you don't mind the massive amounts of fanservice.
    If you're watching Soul Eater you're gonna love this amv: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbtf1l6d48U
    Though the manga is better (and longer) than the anime ^^.

i want to see Fractale, but only the 360p is out /cry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    I recently finished watching this and must say that I was very, very disappointed after all the praise it got.
    The episodes until Kamina dies are just plain silly and awful, after his death it gets better until the moment they go into freakin' space. :/
    I got the feeling from this anime that it was intentionally cliche, and that the ridiculously enormous gunmen were intentionally over the top.

Also: i just finished Katanagatari, was pretty bomb, specially the action sequences in the last episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Remembered the best AMV of all time

I've been watching Naruto for years. Not the U.S version but the Japanese Version. They are totally different. The Japanese version is alot better.

Not sure if this has been said yet, but High School of the Dead is an amazing one... Sad it's only 12 episodes long... Theres alot of Ecchi though, if that's not your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i understand that you didn't fell like reading 25 pages^^
    Christ Sy, this thread has grown 30 pages since I was last online!
    I will read them all.
    Just give me time...
    As for you watching Spirited Away, if it hasn't been discussed already in this thread I will discuss it with you soon, but in short...

Did you like it? =P

Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    If you're watching Soul Eater you're gonna love this amv: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbtf1l6d48U
    Though the manga is better (and longer) than the anime ^^.
    Yup thats a good AMV...one of the keepers
    Though recently i've been enjoying the nostromo AMV's...realy well made, though the music isnt to everyones taste.

---------- Post added 2011-01-14 at 01:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    i want to see Fractale, but only the 360p is out /cry
    Downloaded it in the 360p...they picture sucks though the anime looks like it might actualy be realy good...the problem with the DL atm is that it's taken from a low quality streem from funimation.

Quote Originally Posted by Desamorix View Post
    Not sure if this has been said yet, but High School of the Dead is an amazing one... Sad it's only 12 episodes long... Theres alot of Ecchi though, if that's not your thing.
    HighSchool of the Dead was awesome. Ore no Imouto..... was an awesome show from last season that should be checked out. MM! is good as well.
    Keep The Beats!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhabin View Post
    Ya, I didn't bother posting about it because it appears to be (haven't watched it, going on its name and description) the kind of anime that if you're interested in that kind of stuff, you'll likely manage to find it on your own. I'm wondering how it'll turn out....I have it but I'm busy playing WoW atm, also kinda "stocking" up on anime for a "rainy" day so I've got a good bit waiting for me.
    Actually I've been reading the Freezing manga for the past year, and it's not what it looks like at the start. I actually don't even remember any scenes with nudity after the first few chapters, which is what the first episode more or less covered.

Fractal is here, and I was NOT disappointed! I knew this would be a good one, I knew it!