Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood888 View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong I love both Light and Lelouche a lot, and both are interesting, but I find that it is hard to care about what happens to light because everyone already knows. And because of this, we have a more vested interested in lelouche.
    I agree with this. In an emotional sense I found Lelouch's death much more intense than Light's. I actually found Light's death to be rather pathetic with him wailing like a baby the whole time. I see it as "if you're willing and capable to take the lives of others, you should be be prepared to lose your own" and Lelouch was definitely like that.

This changed the ending to death note for me forever:

possible spoilers?

http://atashi.animeblogger.net/wp-co...7/06/swim1.jpg

I did think the ending for Code Geass was much better than Death Notes. Death notes was a little pathetic it seemed. Liked the first arc of Death Note (before Near) much better than code geass though. Just as planned.
    Last edited by bals; 2011-03-21 at 06:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    I agree with this. In an emotional sense I found Lelouch's death much more intense than Light's. I actually found Light's death to be rather pathetic with him wailing like a baby the whole time. I see it as "if you're willing and capable to take the lives of others, you should be be prepared to lose your own" and Lelouch was definitely like that.
    BIG SPOILERS BROS AND CHICAS
    ;;;;;;'
    ;;;;;'
    ;;;;'
    ;;;'
    ;;'
    ;'
    '

Lelouch lived. I don't care what the director said, I bet anything at the end of S3 he'll be alive as a full grown pidgeon.
    Why was there an origami crane (which CC obviously didn't know how to make) in her cart?
    Why did Nunnally see the memories of Lelouch, something which we only see immortal CODE holders do?
    Why was Shneizel still bound by Lelouch's geass to serve him?
    Why was season 2 called R2, which can also be RR like CC is C2 and VV is V2? (Suggests he is a code holder as well)
    And finally/obviously, why did CC address Lelouch at the end (also tilting her head slightly towards the carriage driver, who I know is often believed to be Lelouch)?
    It all points to one thing: the guy is immortal.
    Last edited by Parablius; 2011-03-21 at 09:39 AM. Reason: colors were screwed up
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Parablius;10815241]BIG SPOILERS BROS AND CHICAS
    Lelouch lived. I don't care what the director said, I bet anything at the end of S3 he'll be alive as a full grown pidgeon.
    QUOTE]

There are OTHER possibilities but those aside i fee i should point out that S3 is a side story so the odds of seeing any of the big characters is pretty low aside from possible cameos. Also don;t get me wrong i've heard ALL the arguments and i don;t know waht camp i;m in i was one of those hoing nust over R2 an it aired in japan and after so again i've heard it all no point in trying to convince me ither way. just pointing out the S3 tidbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    He could very well be alive, it is what I thought when I saw the ending as well.
    Even if he didn't die, his "death" had 1000 times more of an emotional impact than Light's.
    Last edited by Mezzolith; 2011-03-21 at 10:46 AM.

Idd the new code geass is suposed to be an unrelated story in the code G universe with all new charecters.

As for the the difrences between the two, Death note was always a very confined story that seemed very personal and private, and lights death was..well weird emotionaly, it left me kinda empty and wanting more...you go through the series wanting him to succeed and when he died it was like "here die's light a nobody in the greater scheem of things"

And Code Geass, Lelouch's way of doing things was on a much grander scale , you go through 2 seasons going from he's a hero to he's scum and back and forth and even though at the end he was a scumbag they turned it right round and prety much gave him a hero's death because he efectivly killed himself and all the negativity that his current charecter portrayed for the sake of his sister and his freinds.
    The ending on Code geass was realy a have the cake and eating it having the public charecter of Lelouch die and his kind personal charecter live on.

spoilers!!
    hope this works.. anywho as much as i would like him to be alive even if it was a short time he did actually enter a contract with suzaku or whateva his name was it shows you at the very end ..soo the guy that killed him should now be immortal if lelu even got the powers from his dad we dont know that he did or not since he didnt actually kill him the giant piller god thingo did

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Sorrior;10815322]
    Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    QUOTE]

There are OTHER possibilities but those aside i fee i should point out that S3 is a side story so the odds of seeing any of the big characters is pretty low aside from possible cameos. Also don;t get me wrong i've heard ALL the arguments and i don;t know waht camp i;m in i was one of those hoing nust over R2 an it aired in japan and after so again i've heard it all no point in trying to convince me ither way. just pointing out the S3 tidbit.
    Idk, my drama sense is tingling. All I'm saying is that the story is taking place at the same time as the events in S1 and R2, right? So I'm expecting the final episode of S3 will show Lelouch and CC in Europe in its last moments. Just to completely f*** our heads. Just a gut feeling that is probably unfounded, but nonetheless I wouldn't put it past sunrise. Could even leave the door open for a fourth season (unlikely) or a movie (also unlikely).

Even if he didn't die, his "death" had 1000 times more of an emotional impact than Light's.
    Definitely agree. It was so much more tragic, unexpected, well executed, and had more meaning. Light's death was almost an inevitable, arbitrary act which could be significant if you picture it as demonstrating absurdism/nihilism, however there's nothing else that points to it so... not really.
    P.S. I only read Death Note, I never actually watched it because the visual style of the anime isn't really for me.
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Parablius;10816664]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post

Idk, my drama sense is tingling. All I'm saying is that the story is taking place at the same time as the events in S1 and R2, right? So I'm expecting the final episode of S3 will show Lelouch and CC in Europe in its last moments. Just to completely f*** our heads. Just a gut feeling that is probably unfounded, but nonetheless I wouldn't put it past sunrise. Could even leave the door open for a fourth season (unlikely) or a movie (also unlikely).
    Ahhh that's what ya mean. While unlikely i wouldn;t put it past em either.

Deleted
    Fairytale FTW ^^

mmm i hope theyd make dusk maiden of amnesia an anime...its so win

i've lost count as to how many animes i've seen....i have three tabs always open and im always browsing.

my favs are to many to remember but i stick to those action drama romance psychological comedy horror fantasy ones, you name it i have seen it

ones i dont like though are the top three, no offence but i just cant get into them and i make fun of my friends for liking them, they suck =P

the one ONE 1 anime that has actually hit me was clanned and it had me tear up i had to watch something gory after to forget it, it made dango's depressing =(
    To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

Just finished clannad, well the first series, that just topped kannon for me especially considering just how similar the story was to my own in high school :P Cept we we're after a drama club, but other than that from meeting after she'd been kept back to taking me in , sadly since my girlfriend cant understand Japanese we cant get after story just yet, and i was told to wait to watch the movie afterward too.

though i have to say i really hated the alternate story arc :/ really sorta killed the mood watching it after the last episode, just to be sure can anybody tell me if the after story follows the original story or the arc... hoping not the arc >.>. Thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by shallaserrar View Post
    Just finished clannad, well the first series, that just topped kannon for me especially considering just how similar the story was to my own in high school :P Cept we we're after a drama club, but other than that from meeting after she'd been kept back to taking me in , sadly since my girlfriend cant understand Japanese we cant get after story just yet, and i was told to wait to watch the movie afterward too.

though i have to say i really hated the alternate story arc :/ really sorta killed the mood watching it after the last episode, just to be sure can anybody tell me if the after story follows the original story or the arc... hoping not the arc >.>. Thanks for any help
    yea after story follows the main story, i havent seen the movie but i read a few reviews on it and all i got from them was a poor remake thats kind of compacted
    To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shallaserrar View Post

While i havn;t seen clannad i CAN tell you this. It;s based off of a visual novel so if there was an alternate story arc it was probably just covering another possible story route.

Requesting help considering anime! Me and my boyfriend are trying to fill the huge hole FMA and FMA:BH left when we finished watching them.

We're currently watching Fairy Tail and it's fun, enjoyable and we like it, but we're soon done with it. I've tried to find some anime by recommendations in this thread, and on anime-planet it seems like it's not possible to search for several different tags at the same time there. I search for shounen, and I get everything from Dragonball, Yu-gi-oh to Naruto and One Piece.

In other words.
    We're looked for an anime which is shounen fighting-ish, which is fun and enjoyable to watch, with a good standard and preferably a slight hint of romance. Can anyone help us? >: Second thought, any outstanding anime will ofcourse do, but fighting shounen is prefered.

Edit: Anime we've watched:
    FMA, FMA:BH, FMP!, FMP! fumoffu, FMP!SR, Naruto, One Piece (haven't watched, I just dislike it :P), Bleach, Fairy Tail, Hajime no Ippo.
    Last edited by Litoru; 2011-03-22 at 06:21 PM.

Deleted
    @ Litoru, give these a shot, might be what you're looking for: Code Geass, Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 (guess there's a bit of romance in there) Eureka Seven (romance here!), Soul Eater, D.Gray-Man, Koukaku no Regios (romance!), Shakugan no Shana (romance!!!). The first 3 are Mecha anime, all of them have a lot fighting and are very very good. Check them out on anidb/wikipedia, read the plot summary and see if it sounds any fun. If you happen to see the first season of some of them make sure you finish them :P

Edit: If you've gone through some of the pages here you'd see a lot of talk about Kanon 2006, Clannad. I recommend those and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Lamune for an awesome Romance/Slice of Life/School life adventure!
    Last edited by mmoc323d5fb4f2; 2011-03-22 at 08:52 PM.

perhaps samurai champloo might be something for you to watch lots of interesting fighting its got a little romance but not enough to turn it into a cryfest and its prty funny when you get further in

and you will def like gurran luggan

and like kri4 said shakugen no shana is very good too however unless they bring out another season later this year you might be forced to read the manga to finish the story or atleast se more of it

Litoru, Also you can watch Freezing (Futuristic/Sci-fi), Infinite Stratos, Wolverine (same as the marvel character), Kore wa Zombie desu ka? (this is supernatural with comedic elements, but it is worth watching.) All of these can be watched on animeseason as they are constantly updated when the new episodes are out. Also if there is one that I would highly recommend it would FLCL

Quote Originally Posted by Gwarr View Post
    yea after story follows the main story, i havent seen the movie but i read a few reviews on it and all i got from them was a poor remake thats kind of compacted
    Glad to hear thanks just found the site for the place re-producing them and ordered a copy ^_^, as for the movie it's kind of what i expected so watching it would probably end in spoilers :P always prefer a series to a movie though hehe.