Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Litoru View Post
    Requesting help considering anime! Me and my boyfriend are trying to fill the huge hole FMA and FMA:BH left when we finished watching them.

We're currently watching Fairy Tail and it's fun, enjoyable and we like it, but we're soon done with it. I've tried to find some anime by recommendations in this thread, and on anime-planet it seems like it's not possible to search for several different tags at the same time there. I search for shounen, and I get everything from Dragonball, Yu-gi-oh to Naruto and One Piece.

In other words.
    We're looked for an anime which is shounen fighting-ish, which is fun and enjoyable to watch, with a good standard and preferably a slight hint of romance. Can anyone help us? >: Second thought, any outstanding anime will ofcourse do, but fighting shounen is prefered.

Edit: Anime we've watched:
    FMA, FMA:BH, FMP!, FMP! fumoffu, FMP!SR, Naruto, One Piece (haven't watched, I just dislike it :P), Bleach, Fairy Tail, Hajime no Ippo.
    Code Geass, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo maybe? To be frank most shonen fighting anime are absolute garbage

Requesting help considering anime! Me and my boyfriend are trying to fill the huge hole FMA and FMA:BH left when we finished watching them.

We're currently watching Fairy Tail and it's fun, enjoyable and we like it, but we're soon done with it. I've tried to find some anime by recommendations in this thread, and on anime-planet it seems like it's not possible to search for several different tags at the same time there. I search for shounen, and I get everything from Dragonball, Yu-gi-oh to Naruto and One Piece.

In other words.
    We're looked for an anime which is shounen fighting-ish, which is fun and enjoyable to watch, with a good standard and preferably a slight hint of romance. Can anyone help us? >: Second thought, any outstanding anime will ofcourse do, but fighting shounen is prefered.

FMA, FMA:BH, FMP!, FMP! fumoffu, FMP!SR, Naruto, One Piece (haven't watched, I just dislike it :P), Bleach, Fairy Tail, Hajime no Ippo.
    Kaze no Stigma and Shakugan no Shana sorta fit your requirements. They're not very long (24-26 episodes iirc), but they both have tsunderes with flaming swords . I personally prefer Kaze no Stigma because the male protagonist isn't an annoying wimp like the Shakugan no Shana one.

kaze no stigma is prty meh thou you wont really get anything from watching it unless you plan to read the manga..prty sure there is one, and it kind of borders on incest not full blown houdy day stuff..but it still is

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 12:30 AM ----------

wait a minut...why havnt any of us told them to watch tora majutsu no index yet..?

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 12:32 AM ----------

and woot woot over 2k posts in this thread

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    While i havn;t seen clannad i CAN tell you this. It;s based off of a visual novel so if there was an alternate story arc it was probably just covering another possible story route.

...you havnt watched it yet!!?? go do it neeeeoooooooow!!! =D
    Last edited by tanksin the enhance shamy; 2011-03-23 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    wait a minut...why havnt any of us told them to watch tora majutsu no index yet..?
    For one it's overrated, only interesting parts are those with Misaka and Accelerator

you speak blasphemy!!
    i know its not the best but its still prty good man railgun is coolsies id still rather watch it then others like naruto etc

Deleted
    rather watch it then others like naruto
    That's a given for most series ^^

10+ Year Old Account

In other words.

Scryed should work as should Needless Also Gurren Lagann should be good and as others have said Zero no Tsukaima and Shakugan no Shana and agreed on the guy who said To Aru. Tekkaman Blade and Isekai no Sekishi Monogatari should work out well for you guys. Iseka is done by the same guy who did the tenchi ovas and is pretty damn funny with some nice it has a nice mix of romance(it IS a harem series afterall) wih some nice action starting around episode 6-7. Hmm i knwo there are others but my comp is going nuts again and it;s taking several seconds for the text to catch up so will have to wait.

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 01:47 AM ----------

kaze no stigma is prty meh thou you wont really get anything from watching it unless you plan to read the manga..prty sure there is one, and it kind of borders on incest not full blown houdy day stuff..but it still is

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 12:30 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 12:33 AM ----------

...you havnt watched it yet!!?? go do it neeeeoooooooow!!! =D
    Okay first to the klaze thing. I actually liked it and wished there was more.

About to aru agreed great show

now for clannad i have my reasosn mainly that i'm still sorting some meotional things out on the last few so not ready for a KNOWN depressing series.

10+ Year Old Account

In other words.

Sorry to whip a dead horse (everyone else pretty much gave good recommendations), but my 2 cents say this:

•TT Gurren Lagann. 100% fun and epic, hard to put down.
    •Code Geass. If you can neglect some shortcomings, it's amazing.
    •Soul Eater. Not necessarily too great (ending veered away from the manga, so prepare to be disappointed) but a pretty likable set of characters and good pacing.
    •Katanagatari. Much more depth and WAY higher quality than a shounen series (which I wouldn't even regard it as). 50 minute episodes, so be ready for lots of (rather good) dialogue. It is pretty amazing though.
    •Baccano. Not at all shounenish, but I'd say its a good watch in relation to Brotherhood. Sometimes similar atmosphere and concepts, but I can't give away more without spoiling. Great for people like me who always look for a certain mood or atmosphere (in this case that of the 1930's American underworld).

As far as the To Aru Raildex/Ingun discussion goes, I've only seen season 1 of Index and am halfway through Railgun. I'd say it isn't a good series; Touma and Index are flat out bad characters and the subject matter is sometimes boring. That being said, I like it quite a lot. Misaka, Kuroko, Accelerator, the MISAKAs, and to a lesser extent Uiharu and Saten are all very good characters. The soundtrack is awesome. The fight scenes in Railgun at least are pretty cool, fights in Index without Touma are always good. I think this is an example of a universe with potential being somewhat squandered. Still, it is worth the watch in my book.
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

Deleted
    Can also vouch for Eureka Seven and Code Geass with those criterias (and most of Parablius' suggestions). If you like Katanagatari you might also like Spice and Wolf, which has barely any action but extremely interesting dialogue and also that hint of romance you mentioned

I found Index pretty average - the first few episodes made me expect an epic story with religious elements for more epicness, and I was disappointed in the end to find it wasn't such a "serious" story from start to end. As for Railgun, 90% of it wasn't enjoyable at all for me, I can't understand how I managed to watch it through :P The 2nd season is a bit more interesting so far (compared to the 1st).

Kaze no Stigma became pretty much the standard for "average" to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heil Anime Fans!
    I was talking with somebody on IRC who was looking for an Anime he has seen a long time in the past. Unfortunately, I could not remember it or find it. So I figured I'd call in the Cavalry!

Not much know, seeing it was from long time ago, but Ill say what I have learned:

• Aired in France during 1993-1995.
    • Either a movie or a short serie.
    • Not focussed on many characters.
    • Magical girl with a powerful "Balance" spell.
    • Said Balance spell activates one of the damaged Robots.
    • Contained a Flying Fortress.
    • Train goes on Flying Trails (on clouds) to Flying Fortress/Castle. (Said train is supposed to have a HUGE engine).
    • Faceless robots with 3 "eyes".
    • Futuristic, but old Anime so could be Old Style Futuristic. (Like Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water).

Thats all the information I received. I hope you guys can help me and said user who is actually looking for it
    Last edited by bahumut5; 2011-03-23 at 02:31 PM.
    Dawwwwwww

sounds a bit like castle in the sky. the mech this?
    http://images.animelab.com/gallery/L...s/laputa10.jpg

thats the only one i can think of...there is an air fortress and floating castle and a broken mech that is restarted by the girl...the only difrences is what they are calling the magic(could be lost in translation) and the train going into the clouds though there is a train sequence in it.
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2011-03-23 at 04:36 PM.

Deleted

Thumbs up Omg

Lagwin, you are a star.

Many thanks for finding this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn beaten to it by Lagwin. Anyways yeah that is what i thought as as well.

As for me i finished tekkaman blade and it's 3 hyper short ovas GREAT series i really did love it.

w00t i got it right? :P
    was begining to think that it was to obvious being laputa and was something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    was begining to think that it was to obvious being laputa and was something else.
    Haha I had a similar feeling... Thought it would be something extremely obscure, so that shocked me a bit.
    Nice call regardless ;D
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    I had the opposite thought thinking that it didn;t scream a perfect match. But then again it;s been over a year since i last saw it. Still was the only series i could think of though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I had the opposite thought thinking that it didn;t scream a perfect match. But then again it;s been over a year since i last saw it. Still was the only series i could think of though.
    I had the benefit of being in the same position...Laputa was shown in the uk in the 80's and all i could realy remember was the robot all the story was well out from what i remembered and 20 years later i see the dvd advertised in a magazine and a nice big pic of the robot.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never saw it and it was aired before I was even born (I believe, did not really check yet).
    However, its good to see a lot of people with knowledge of classic Anime. Thanks for the help, and you never disappoint me MMO-Champion Anime Community
    Dawwwwwww

Deleted
    "HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI"

Seriously, does it even have an order or timeline? I'm confused, but enjoying it... *sinister lol*
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2011-03-24 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    "HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI"

Seriously, is it even have an order or timeline? I'm confused, but enjoying it... *sinister lol*
    been a long time since i've seen it and it was the first anime and so far the only one to creep me out :P if i remember rightly they end up going through the story a few times from either difrent points of view or alternate takes on the story...still not watched the seconnd season of it yet.