Hi guys I love this thread and its really helpful. Do any of you guys use any other forums maybe ones that are anime themed? I always feel weird coming to a WoW site for anime info and I don't play wow anymore. I joined Anime News Network but its not that happening. Anyone know of some good anime communities preferably ones that are mature (not NC17 mature but maybe one where a 10 year old Sonic the Hedgehog lover isn't the wisest person in a thread, but props to him)?

Thanks. Take care guys and gals =D

---------- Post added 2011-04-12 at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    Angel Beats! for highschool action/drama/comedy in a very uncommon setting (i need to put that one on my list..).
    Samurai Champloo (or maybe Baccano!) for 'good' comedy with some action.
    I just watched Angel Beats! and checked out an episode of Baccano and I have to agree those are great recommendations =D

Ultimateotaku

Here's an anime for you

How about Sora no Otoshimono? Fantastic anime despite its ecchi-ness. Here is the plot

The plot revolves around a boy in the town of Sorami named Tomoki Sakurai who is one day invited by his childhood friend Sohara Mitsuki and Eishirō Sugata (the leader of "The New World" club) to come at midnight to witness a strange object seen crossing through their town's sky. Tomoki goes alone and as the strange object comes close, Sugata calls to warn him to get away from it. What falls from the sky is a creature called an Angeloid named Ikaros.

Ikaros imprints on Tomoki after he rescues her from being destroyed by falling debris. She introduces herself as a "Pet-Class" Angeloid and offers to fulfill any wishes Tomoki may have. In time, she begins to pick up human characteristics from her involvement with Tomoki and more of her past is revealed. We soon discover that Ikaros has left "the Heavens" in disarray, and various Angeloids are sent to retrieve her.

Also a small bit of advertising check out my blog Ultimateotaku.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pandra View Post
    Hi guys I love this thread and its really helpful. Do any of you guys use any other forums maybe ones that are anime themed? I always feel weird coming to a WoW site for anime info and I don't play wow anymore. I joined Anime News Network but its not that happening. Anyone know of some good anime communities preferably ones that are mature (not NC17 mature but maybe one where a 10 year old Sonic the Hedgehog lover isn't the wisest person in a thread, but props to him)?

---------- Post added 2011-04-12 at 08:54 PM ----------

I just watched Angel Beats! and checked out an episode of Baccano and I have to agree those are great recommendations =D
    You could always try myanimelist.net forums.

But I'm sure there's communities all over that are more populated than it.

So, what is everyone's thoughts on this seasons anime? Nothing really seems to stick out for me yet, although Steins;Gate seems pretty interesting so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandra View Post

Well...There are anime-fora all over the place, but I use just one forum, wich happens to be Dutch, so if you're not from the Netherlands, you won't find it that usefull =P

I'm currently watching Tears to Tiara. I read a lot that people didn't like it, because it would be too slow, but I like it ^^
    Not your average fantasy-anime ^^

idk i watched a few eps of tears to teira and dint really like it simply because the major female characters in it throw themselves at the demon guy...like even in to love ru a echi rampant harem anime some of the female characters had atleast some sence of self respect..not much but enough to make you actually like the characters

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 12:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post

So, what is everyone's thoughts on this seasons anime? Nothing really seems to stick out for me yet, although Steins;Gate seems pretty interesting so far.

do you mean the ones we just had or upcoming stuff? freezing is really good yes it has echi coming out of the floorbourds but once you watch a couple of epesodes it gets you hooked with the story alone and the background for setella especially.

dreameater merry..i think thats the english name for it..tbh i think merry is my fav female character out of anime thus far.

ummm yeah i cant really think of anything else lol too tired
    Last edited by tanksin the enhance shamy; 2011-04-13 at 12:25 PM.

well SRW Z2 is out and i would like to say its been a damn long time since they use the TV ver. of the Gundams in Gundam Wing (they've been using the EW ver. alot in thier games)

Haven't read all 116pages of this thread so don't know if it's been named yet but, a few days ago I found a fantastic anime called Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=10704)
    It's about a earthquake with a 8.0 on the Richter scale that happens in the northern part of Tokyo Bay at a depth of25km.
    Especially now with the recent earthquake in Japan it gives you a real insight in how the people feel and what they have to endure after such a event. (Of course being at such a thing yourself is different but it does give you a idea).

As for the other anime I have seen I will just leave this link here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/MyAnime/?user=Aidou (it is pretty outdated though and I should add like 20-25 new shows that I have seen)

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post

Yeah I know theres a lot of forums and communities out there that's sorta what I'm weeding through. Hoping to find a huge one with tons of active people rather than jump back and forth all over the interwebz.

As far as this anime season I really don't know of any shows that caught my eye and personally I havent seen any for myself yet : ( The one I hear the most praise for is Tiger & Bunny but not sure its for me. Battle girls I might check out but to be honest I'm so far behind in anime I wont even try to be current and watch a season. I'm excited though there are a bunch of good anime dvd releases this month and those will probably keep me busy.

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, But you should so check out Durarara, Its from the makers of Baccano! and I can honestly say, it's pure win. I've never enjoyed watching something as much as I did Durarara...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    Man I just watched School Days and I've never been so pissed off at a protagonist that I wish I could kill him myself... and then I saw the ending, now I can die happy.
    I thought that ending was really disturbing actually :-/ But yeah, that's what jealousy and cheating can get you, crazy women I tell you! >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Engeraym View Post
    I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, But you should so check out Durarara, Its from the makers of Baccano! and I can honestly say, it's pure win. I've never enjoyed watching something as much as I did Durarara...
    well durarara was bad. good characters in bad story. makes the whole thing look even worse.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Deleted
    I just finished Zero no Tsukaima and was wondering if I were the only one left with an impression that the story is far from over? And the anime seemed pretty rushed imo, too much to fit into 13/12/12 episodes ;-/

10+ Year Old Account
    Opinions on Steins;Gate thus far?

Didn't think much of ep1 til the end, ep2 was consistently better with a nice pace being set. No clue how it will turn out, but for now my parascope of eyebrow raisingness is tilted towards it.
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

Deleted

Katanagatari

Here is an Anime that i like alot!

Katanagatari
    An anime about a girl named Togame who is going to gather an amount of swords from various masters. But she is not a fighter, she is a tactician, so she needs help from Shichika Yasuri. Shichika is also a fighter, but without weapons. The anime has a special colorful animation which is very beautiful. The Characters are very well made and its all based on a Light novel. Genre i would say Martial arts/supernatural, abit Romance and adventure. I have to say that its one of the better animes ive seen.

I dont know much about anime adaptions on Korean manga but i think its time! The Korean manga (imo) is really getting better! Veritas, Noblesse, Trace and The Breaker. The do very well with action manga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kri4o View Post
    I just finished Zero no Tsukaima and was wondering if I were the only one left with an impression that the story is far from over? And the anime seemed pretty rushed imo, too much to fit into 13/12/12 episodes ;-/
    It's based on a light novel series that is at least 20 volumes long sadly the anime only gets up to VOL. 12 or so and even skipped 8. The last season was even inverted(literally the first events took place in 12 while the tabitha arc was in 9 or 10 and they just skip some stuff). Also no no wrod so far on a continuation though there are RUMORS that after they do season 4 of Shakugan no Shana they may make S4 of Tsukaima. Hope this helps. Oh and on a side not Vol8 of the novels rules. It covers what happened when Saito got resurrected and in actuality Louise even tried to kill herself and Saito lived with Tiffania for a time. He;; they basically merged the final scene of S2 with the first bit of S3 to avoid novel 8 almost in it's entirety. That is actually where all the screwy stuff started and why more seasons MAY be difficult. Hell Louises mother and father even show up and learn about saito(as in find out about EVERYTHING including void magic) in the novels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    It's based on a light novel series that is at least 20 volumes long sadly the anime only gets up to VOL. 12 or so and even skipped 8. The last season was even inverted(literally the first events took place in 12 while the tabitha arc was in 9 or 10 and they just skip some stuff). Also no no wrod so far on a continuation though there are RUMORS that after they do season 4 of Shakugan no Shana they may make S4 of Tsukaima. Hope this helps. Oh and on a side not Vol8 of the novels rules. It covers what happened when Saito got resurrected and in actuality Louise even tried to kill herself and Saito lived with Tiffania for a time. He;; they basically merged the final scene of S2 with the first bit of S3 to avoid novel 8 almost in it's entirety. That is actually where all the screwy stuff started and why more seasons MAY be difficult. Hell Louises mother and father even show up and learn about saito(as in find out about EVERYTHING including void magic) in the novels.
    Wish they didn't rush it and did everything properly tbh, and not skip stuff :X It would've been an even more epic anime if they didn't do it like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Engeraym View Post
    Durarara!! is really, really good indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kri4o View Post
    Wish they didn't rush it and did everything properly tbh, and not skip stuff :X It would've been an even more epic anime if they didn't do it like that.
    Well in volume 8s case it's because it REALLY didn't match the tone of the series. I mean there was almost no comedy no real humor an assload of crying and depression so on and so forth I mean Guiche even made a statue of Sato by HAND no magic to commemorate him he was thought dead in
    short we got a smidge of the original bookbut so little that it couldn't fully work with how they'd billed the series as a nosh absolute comedy.

s3 of shana is way overdue zzzzzzz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    s3 of shana is way overdue zzzzzzz
    Was supposedly gonna come after the new ovas that were rumored to fill in the story problems that happened between the novel and series so should be sometime this year or next laws permitting(looking at you ishihara) although I'd say tsukaima runs more risks of upsetting that than Shana.