Quote Originally Posted by Shishca View Post
    well SRW Z2 is out and i would like to say its been a damn long time since they use the TV ver. of the Gundams in Gundam Wing (they've been using the EW ver. alot in thier games)
    OMFG, now i wanna watch Gundam so baddddddddd! lol, which one is the best series again? I've only seen bits of pieces of a couple of the series, i was never able to watch it on a consistent basis when it was on Toonami!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonedrifter View Post
    OMFG, now i wanna watch Gundam so baddddddddd! lol, which one is the best series again? I've only seen bits of pieces of a couple of the series, i was never able to watch it on a consistent basis when it was on Toonami!
    That question is pretty much unanswerable unless I get some info on your personal tastes. Such as do you prefer serious or comedic? Over the top or realistic? Political overtones en masse or just as a side dish? Cheesy or serious and so on. Answer these and I can help I've seen about half or more of the 26+ series so I think I can help. Oh and animation as well dp you mind 70s stke 80 or 90s as well or do you pretty much need it to be CG like nost modern anime?

EDIT also does it need to have been on toonami cause that removes at least half the gundam series out there.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2011-04-14 at 06:07 AM.

00 has the best balance tbh, not to mention it's the easiest to watch directly if you've never seen any of the 3789791 other gundam series.

well SRW Z2 is out and i would like to say its been a damn long time since they use the TV ver. of the Gundams in Gundam Wing (they've been using the EW ver. alot in thier games)
    What the.... I've never heard of this series! I tried to look it up abit and saw there's gameboy advance and ds versions for North America but none look like this psp one Why is all the good stuff for psp only for Japan? I really need to learn Japanese asap I guess...

Saw that a NA PS3 version comes out next January

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2011/040111a.html

Thanks for the heads up Shishca. /bow

Oh btw saw they are going to make this for 3DS, probably just for Japan but still Gundam in 3D seems amazing. Are Nintendo systems region locked to only play games in their region or do they play all games? Would I have to get a Japanese 3DS to play Japanese games? Ive heard with psp only the movies were restricted to the region and the games would play on all systems if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by Pandra; 2011-04-14 at 04:18 PM. Reason: 3ds

just doing what i can do to let people be aware about this awesome game

My preference for gindam is Wing , 00 and unicorn have been the one's i've enjoyed the most

Going to give Kurogane no Linebarrels a go tomorrow...what a bugger it was to find though.

And i finished FMO:Brotherhood and am really pissed that i spent £260 on the original...it was a much more enjoyable series than the previous and actually ended well, just need to wait and see if the release the DVD's in the UK.

08th MS Team> Gundam Wing > Char's Counter Attack movie > Unicorn > other gundam series > Gundam seed and Seed 2

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Pandra the 3DS is indeed region locked they did it cause of the online store supposedly.

@Niyari I disagree about 00 while it started great I feel the second season really ruined it with the movie even being far better.

And again yo the guy asking about gundam just give us some more info and we can find one best suited to your tastes. Unlike the others here I'm not gonna ramble off my favorites since these are being recommended for you I feel I should match my advice to your tastes.

while looking around youtube i found the code geass op1 Colors SRW Z2 ver. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaXQ-401Yow

man i love the music in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    while looking around youtube i found the code geass op1 Colors SRW Z2 ver. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaXQ-401Yow

man i love the music in the game
    Oh man. I now want this game. It looked cool before but...
    If that actually plays during a fight that would be beyond awesome.
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    My preference for gindam is Wing , 00 and unicorn have been the one's i've enjoyed the most

Going to give Kurogane no Linebarrels a go tomorrow...what a bugger it was to find though.

And i finished FMO:Brotherhood and am really pissed that i spent £260 on the original...it was a much more enjoyable series than the previous and actually ended well, just need to wait and see if the release the DVD's in the UK.
    Keep in mind with the first one though That series reached its end far before the manga ended, thus the ending was doomed to be done haphazardly. For anime's though, the first one still isn't terrible if you discount the lackluster ending Because i did enjoy watching that one through~ (I also didn't have as much access to anime during that time in my life when it was being aired and shown for the first time, so to me that seemed golden) But Brotherhood Does blow it away and i'm very happy that the 2nd series did the series a grand justice ^_____^ and totally redeems the series for having a bad ending in the first series and a bad movie as well =P

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    @ Pandra the 3DS is indeed region locked they did it cause of the online store supposedly.

@Niyari I disagree about 00 while it started great I feel the second season really ruined it with the movie even being far better.

And again yo the guy asking about gundam just give us some more info and we can find one best suited to your tastes. Unlike the others here I'm not gonna ramble off my favorites since these are being recommended for you I feel I should match my advice to your tastes.
    Well the problem is my tastes are scattered! Sometimes i like funny stuff :) Altho i must admit i haven't found too many anime's that could get me to laugh on a regular basis xD (I have had many that have made me facepalm so hard it left a red mark on my head for a bit LOL) I can certainly say i don't like Political that much, god not a ton of politics, i can handle that in Low doses so side dish lol. I do like serious, but a lil cheesy on the side is ok :) (I do love trigun and cowboy bebop after all, those definitely have some cheesy on the side lol). As for the Animation it can be any style, I in fact enjoy older styles :) They seem refreshing against the modern day anime~ Doesn't have to be all CGe to be good lol. Realistic is better coupled with seriousness lol, doesn't mean over the top isn't bad, but that doesn't always make a series awesome (Altho i admit the over the top randomness of FLCL was lovely <3 and i have seen a Gundam series be over the top xD the finishing moves always seem flashy =O least from the series i was watching). Ok i know that all sounded eh confusion but it's 5ammm i should be sleeping xDDD I'll come back later today and give a better response if that is not sufficient ^.^~ Thank You~~
    Last edited by lonedrifter; 2011-04-15 at 09:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ lone drifter what you've asked for fits Gundam X quite well a bit of cheese mild politics serious story and so on you want Gundam X.

Though Turn A may work as well it has more politics but not even half as much as alot of the other series(gundam and politics are kinda inseparable) another good one is gundam ZZ. But yeah Gundam X or Turn A should be some of your best matches.

Keep in mind with the first one though That series reached its end far before the manga ended, thus the ending was doomed to be done haphazardly. For anime's though, the first one still isn't terrible if you discount the lackluster ending Because i did enjoy watching that one through~ (I also didn't have as much access to anime during that time in my life when it was being aired and shown for the first time, so to me that seemed golden) But Brotherhood Does blow it away and i'm very happy that the 2nd series did the series a grand justice ^_____^ and totally redeems the series for having a bad ending in the first series and a bad movie as well =P
    I know...the problem was at the time i hadn't started downloading any anime and had ended up buying the original anime and it was fine up until they finished with the priest in Lior, after that though it started to suck and it sucked bad enough that when brotherhood came out i watched the first few episodes and saw they were retelling the same story then avoided it like the plague.
    Luckily though after reading all the positive comments in this thread about it i decided to give it another go and am glad i did and pissed that i wasted money on crap the first time round.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    I know...the problem was at the time i hadn't started downloading any anime and had ended up buying the original anime and it was fine up until they finished with the priest in Lior, after that though it started to suck and it sucked bad enough that when brotherhood came out i watched the first few episodes and saw they were retelling the same story then avoided it like the plague.
    Luckily though after reading all the positive comments in this thread about it i decided to give it another go and am glad i did and pissed that i wasted money on crap the first time round.
    Yeah fans of the orginal Need to know that the second one is only similar to the first one for the first handful of episodes ^^ Then it becomes far far more different and interesting~~ And I'm glad this thread convinced you to do otherwise

---------- Post added 2011-04-15 at 12:04 PM ----------

@ lone drifter what you've asked for fits Gundam X quite well a bit of cheese mild politics serious story and so on you want Gundam X.

Though Turn A may work as well it has more politics but not even half as much as alot of the other series(gundam and politics are kinda inseparable) another good one is gundam ZZ. But yeah Gundam X or Turn A should be some of your best matches.
    I'll start watching Gundam X sometime soon =O thanks for the advice ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    @ lonedrifter it was NP and i'm glad to help. oh and I'm replying lilt this cause I'm. On my cell right now as I was before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else find this extreme accurate?

[Slightly NSFW]

more SRW Z2 BGM
    Sorairo Days http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB4RC...el_video_title
    Kanjite Knight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-6KB...feature=relmfu

and i would also like to say G Gundam is pretty good

Ohh AMV's again...got to say that recently Nostromo have had damn good videos.

One for Claymore

And a Berserk one.

Usualy ebd up finding something new to watch when i start downloading more amv's from amv.org

Deleted
    That question is pretty much unanswerable unless I get some info on your personal tastes. Such as do you prefer serious or comedic? Over the top or realistic? Political overtones en masse or just as a side dish? Cheesy or serious and so on. Answer these and I can help I've seen about half or more of the 26+ series so I think I can help. Oh and animation as well dp you mind 70s stke 80 or 90s as well or do you pretty much need it to be CG like nost modern anime?

EDIT also does it need to have been on toonami cause that removes at least half the gundam series out there.

I've seen all Gundam I could find and if I have to be perfectly honest none could ever compared to Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 so it's in my opinion the best one.

Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post
    00 has the best balance tbh, not to mention it's the easiest to watch directly if you've never seen any of the 3789791 other gundam series.
    Not seen any of the other Gundams might be the case for me since I saw 00 first but even so ^^;

I'd recommend watching 00 to be honest, I think it has the most appeal of all of them since it's the newest and most serious which has meaning in it. It's not like the recent super deformed crap and the few ovas :-/

that first amv was pure win...whats the anime thou?