15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Been playing since beta and got invited to every beta except Cata, including Vanilla closed beta.
    i know u sent sms to the past!!! (now i tell it everyone )
    ELPSYCONGROO!

I recalled teh ending of Eden of the East. And ... I'm disappointed lol

uh uh @Synaia i was waitin for this one too! But gonna wait some time when more episodes will be released
    It was so hard to watch FMA:B from week to week so thats why i've waited till Steingates became fully available.
    Last edited by salate; 2011-09-20 at 09:42 PM.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Does anyone else thing that Gunslinger Girls Opening is absolutely amazing? I find the music and atmosphere is just perfect. Dub version of course watch it...
    Thats the only version as far as I know. I seem to remember the original being in english. Still, Dubs make Skizzit sad. Watched the 2nd Clannad vid Synaia posted (first makes me too sad) and when it was over there was a link to the same scene dubbed so I figured I would take a look. Ug.... So painful. I just really do not know how people can watch dubs... Esp. when they try to mach the cutesy young girl talk like Nagisa it just sounds soooooo bad.

---------- Post added 2011-09-20 at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    goodluck on diablo3 beta then

seems Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Episode 0 aired (raw version still), 11mins long, think it's a preview as actual series should start 7 october.
    synopsys: http://myanimelist.net/anime/10719/B...chi_ga_Sukunai

gonna check the preview when it's subbed and then i'll see if i'm going to watch the series or not. probably will because it's a highschool,comedy,romance series.
    Probably wont get a Diablo III invite. I have not been keeping my PC up to spec and it is in need of a serious upgrade now. That's most likely the reason I did not get a Cata or SCII invite.

I will have to keep an eye out for the Boku wa Tomodachi preview episode as well. Although preview episodes are not always the best example. For example, if I would have watched the episode 0 of Nichijou before watching any of the other episodes, I might have not bothered with what is now one of my favorite series of the year. It was pretty weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats the only version as far as I know. I seem to remember the original being in english. Still, Dubs make Skizzit sad. Watched the 2nd Clannad vid Synaia posted (first makes me too sad) and when it was over there was a link to the same scene dubbed so I figured I would take a look. Ug.... So painful. I just really do not know how people can watch dubs... Esp. when they try to mach the cutesy young girl talk like Nagisa it just sounds soooooo bad.

---------- Post added 2011-09-20 at 02:42 PM ----------

Probably wont get a Diablo III invite. I have not been keeping my PC up to spec and it is in need of a serious upgrade now. That's most likely the reason I did not get a Cata or SCII invite.

I will have to keep an eye out for the Boku wa Tomodachi preview episode as well. Although preview episodes are not always the best example. For example, if I would have watched the episode 0 of Nichijou before watching any of the other episodes, I might have not bothered with what is now one of my favorite series of the year. It was pretty weak.
    you should watch the first vid 2 ye i cried on it. also checked the dubbed version of the second video and i agree, their voice-over sucks.

I've just updated my preferences for the beta just incase not that something really changed.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    you should watch the first vid 2 ye i cried on it. also checked the dubbed version of the second video and i agree, their voice-over sucks.

I've just updated my preferences for the beta just incase not that something really changed.
    Bah, I just started rewatching FMA:Brotherhood and just finished the Tucker episode (Has got to be one of the most hated people in all of anime, if not the most hated, right?) and I don't need any more downer anime moments. Might have to go watch some random Aira clips or episodes to cheer myself up.

You do realize Clannad's Dub has been praised as one of the best dubs to date? Shame ON YOU! That is the greatest dub ever I love all of their voices. You are not allowed to talk for 2 days Skizzit!

I thought the Clannad dub sounded bad. Tomoya.. meh... they just don't sound how I pictured for a dub.

15+ Year Old Account

yey!
    I liek it
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I thought the Clannad dub sounded bad. Tomoya.. meh... they just don't sound how I pictured for a dub.
    You are not allowed to talk either!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize Clannad's Dub has been praised as one of the best dubs to date? Shame ON YOU! That is the greatest dub ever I love all of their voices. You are not allowed to talk for 2 days Skizzit!
    The best smelling piece of crap is still a stinky piece of crap...

By biggest problem with most dubs is they try too hard to just imitate what the original voice actors did and it almost never works. Some types of voices and speech patterns just do not work the same in english as they do in japanese.

I mean here are the two version of the same Clannad scene. MAJOR SPOILERS so do not watch if you have not seen After Story
    Original:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_3lj48RwI

Dubbed:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyEF2...eature=related

Now the dubbed isnt too bad as far as dubs go, I have seen way worse, but it just feels off to me. Tomoya is ok but doesn't show much emotion in what should be a pretty emotional moment. Aki is alright, but I much prefer his more laid back and just a bit slow attitude of the original. But the girls are just bad. Sanae in the original uses that kinda soft spoken, little bit airy soothing motherly/big sisterly voice that you hear alot in similar characters in anime and that is totally lacking in the Dub while Nagisa is totally lacking the sweet, girly, and sort of naive feel to her character that is sort of a defining attribute of her character. Instead she just sounds... I dunno how to put it, it just does not fit at all for me.

Of course this is likely due to the fact that I know the characters by their original voices so I could see how someone who had only seen the dub would be ok with them, but I still say the originals are better.

10+ Year Old Account
    what skizzit and diglett said (sorry laylie)

for me: every girl/boy in dubbed animes just sound the same too me.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

what skizzit and diglett said (sorry laylie)

for me: every girl/boy in dubbed animes just sound the same too me.
    I Can't BELIEVE you. Now all 3 of you can't talk anymore. I am ashamed of you all. You all make me sad inside making fun of my favorite dub =( I love all of their voices! Except Suraharos
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2011-09-20 at 10:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Can't BELIEVE you. Now all 3 of you can't talk anymore. I am ashamed of you all.
    look i'm talking *sarcasm*

but eh i'm thinking i'm going to finish this episode and then going to bed, no school tomoz but my mom won't let me sleep long so i need to make sure i won't be tired.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Been playing since mid Vanilla and 0 invites :/ - except the fake ones ofc.
    Been playing since beta and got invited to every beta except Cata, including Vanilla closed beta.
    I only got a key to WotLK beta because i was in a top guild by the ned of BC so blizz gaves us a keys to all of us...

I Can't BELIEVE you. Now all 3 of you can't talk anymore. I am ashamed of you all. You all make me sad inside making fun of my favorite dub =( I love all of their voices! Except Suraharos
    who the fuck is suraharos? ermm nvm you mean Surahara... also yeah Subs >>>>>>>> Dubs

Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    who the fuck is suraharos? ermm nvm you mean Surahara... also yeah Subs >>>>>>>> Dubs
    Yea his was the only voice I didn't like.

checked out some of the shows on the list been awesome so far! ty for the list

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    I think you mean Sunohara =P

Dunno about the dubs, but his voice actor is great in the original. Mostly cause it is the same guy who does Shinpachi in Gintama and Ace in One Piece. You can hear Shinpachi in Sunohara for sure.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2011-09-20 at 11:27 PM.

Does anyone else thing that Gunslinger Girls Opening is absolutely amazing? I find the music and atmosphere is just perfect. Dub version of course watch it...(Video)
    No, I absolutely loath it...
    Yes, it's about perfect. From the beginning to where Henrietta is a reflection of her shadow to the fundamental alienation of watching the silhouettes walk past her to the end where you can see the sky within her it fits the show amazingly well. That is also the only version. "The Light Before We Land" was written separately by The Delgados and then used for the GSG intro; this is the full song.

I wish they could have included more of the song because these are some of the lines that are not in the intro:

"Before we let euphoria
    Convince us we are free
    Remind us how we used to feel
    Before when life was real..."

It's apropos to an uncanny degree. Also I can see you've seen through episode 10, so you've actually hear a second song of theirs: "Woke From Dreaming" is in the beginning of the episode where Rico and Jean visit Florence.

Speaking of dub, I wonder if Okabe's dub voice can pull off the epicness his original voice actor did, something tells me he won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god, the pain!

I see what you mean about Sunohara, that is just awful. Poor Tomoyo's is pretty damn bad as well. Sunohara sounds like he is 12 and Tomoyo sounds like she is in her 30's, haha.

Same scene in Japanese for comparison:

P.S. Tomoyo looks so cute when Sunohara compliments her on her hair band and she trys to look up at it. Nagisa is great, but I think Tomoyo might actually be my favorite girl. Kyou can be pretty cute too, but she is pretty much the typical tsundere.

Nagisa is my favorite girl for Tomoya, I didn't even watch the Tomoyo special because I didn't want to see Tomoya with Tomoyo. >.> But, oddly enough I watched the Kyou special, despite not being a big Kyou fan..