10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Thank you sir.

I am way to lazy to change my Avatar/sig that often. Once every few months, maybe.
    did that too but i've got sooo many avatars of anime laying around i can't let them go too waste
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    typical you would like lacus , not sure if you've have seen this one yet but i like cagalli.
    Lol of course I have mt Cagalli I am already on episode 46 lol. I like Lacus more just because she reminds me of a strong Princess Euphemia. Also to be honest this show might be as good if not better than Code Geass. I know I just said that but it has some amazing content in it an things I really like. OK maybe Code Geass is better but Gundam Seed is sure close.

Hehe yeah. I almost posted something when he first started Gundam Seed about how he would love Lacus but never did. And I agree, Cagalli rocks. Also, I would like it for you to PM a link to your streaming site as well. The couple I use have kinda gone down hill as of late.
    I guess you all know my preference on strong women in anime lol.. As for the two people I dislike. I hate the Flay chick and I dislike the short haired lieutenant. I don't hate the lieutenant I just prefer the captain more I feel like the lieutenant is just fighting to further her career.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2011-10-03 at 11:34 AM.

Hi guys, I've been reading this thread for a long time for anime suggestions and found some really good ones from all people have suggested (like: Higurashi no naku koro ni, Air, kanon 2006 to mention a few) I thought I'd actually make a post today

I watched an anime called "Tengen toppen gurren lagann" and I really disliked it :/ I was basically forcing myself to watch through it since it had been praised and I had to find out what the deal was. Overall I think it was just too childish and unlogic for me (I know you kinda have to be able to accept the whole unlogic part as an animefan but still :P)

On a different note, I'm watching Usagi drop now and I'm loving it ^_^ I get such a warm feeling from watching it.

10+ Year Old Account
    One Piece Ep 89 of 517....I may be some time

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    Hi guys, I've been reading this thread for a long time for anime suggestions and found some really good ones from all people have suggested (like: Higurashi no naku koro ni, Air, kanon 2006 to mention a few) I thought I'd actually make a post today

I watched an anime called "Tengen toppen gurren lagann" and I really disliked it :/ I was basically forcing myself to watch through it since it had been praised and I had to find out what the deal was. Overall I think it was just too childish and unlogic for me (I know you kinda have to be able to accept the whole unlogic part as an animefan but still :P)

On a different note, I'm watching Usagi drop now and I'm loving it ^_^ I get such a warm feeling from watching it.
    Glad some of the suggestions we gave you liked. If you liked Kanon I highly recommend Clannad and Clannad: After Story. It has to be one of the most emotional anime I have ever seen and it was an absolute masterpiece. If you are just now getting into anime I recommend you joining Myanimelist.net it has a lot of awesome people and there is even a MMO Champion club on there where you can ask for even more suggestions from some of the members. It will also help us to recommend more shows since we will be able to see what you have watched and what you rated those shows. But if you liked Kanon please try Clannad it is by the same company and imo it is much better because of the second season. Be prepared to have a tissue box if you do watch it because it gets extremely sad at points. Have fun with Usagi Drop I have yet to watch it but have heard many good reviews from it.

Edit: I also recommend Code Geass to anyone because it is one of those shows that almost everyone watches. If you think the 3 girls in my sig look interesting they are from Code Geass which is my all time favorite show. It is a mecha super natural type show but it has a very interesting story line.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    That is the reason why I wont start One Piece I don't think I could live through 500+ episodes of the same show even if I was watching different shows with it. Good luck finishing it.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2011-10-03 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Glad some of the suggestions we gave you liked. If you liked Kanon I highly recommend Clannad and Clannad: After Story. It has to be one of the most emotional anime I have ever seen and it was an absolute masterpiece. If you are just now getting into anime I recommend you joining Myanimelist.net it has a lot of awesome people and there is even a MMO Champion club on there where you can ask for even more suggestions from some of the members. It will also help us to recommend more shows since we will be able to see what you have watched and what you rated those shows. But if you liked Kanon please try Clannad it is by the same company and imo it is much better because of the second season. Be prepared to have a tissue box if you do watch it because it gets extremely sad at points. Have fun with Usagi Drop I have yet to watch it but have heard many good reviews from it.

Edit: I also recommend Code Geass to anyone because it is one of those shows that almost everyone watches. If you think the 3 girls in my sig look interesting they are from Code Geass which is my all time favorite show. It is a mecha super natural type show but it has a very interesting story line.
    Yeah, I watched Clannad way before I watched kanon ^^ that's sort of why I watched kanon because I heard it had shared elements with Clannad which had me heart broken for days after watching it! Code geass also happen to be my number 1 all time favorite anime, shard place with Gintama since they are completely different genres I had them share first place. :P

As for myanimelist, Ive made an account there but it seems like a lot of hassle when you couldn't even stream animes there :/. Although I love checking up on voice actors there to see who does voices for the animes I watch and to see if they have done multiple works of which I've enjoyed. Or maybe if I'm just watching a new anime and think to myself "Man... I recognize that voice so much!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Tamayuri ep1 raw is out, wantee it subbed tho
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    I wonder if Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon is subbed yet. Still have not foud a place where its up or availible for download.
    Does anyone actually have some sort of list where you can see what anime of this season is picked up by a fan sub group?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    I wonder if Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon is subbed yet. Still have not foud a place where its up or availible for download.
    Does anyone actually have some sort of list where you can see what anime of this season is picked up by a fan sub group?
    MAL can give a list of who is subbing what anime, but there currently aren't any fansubs doing kyoukai senjou yet, there might come out a version later tonight or somewhere tomorow
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Yeah, I watched Clannad way before I watched kanon ^^ that's sort of why I watched kanon because I heard it had shared elements with Clannad which had me heart broken for days after watching it! Code geass also happen to be my number 1 all time favorite anime, shard place with Gintama since they are completely different genres I had them share first place. :P

As for myanimelist, Ive made an account there but it seems like a lot of hassle when you couldn't even stream animes there :/. Although I love checking up on voice actors there to see who does voices for the animes I watch and to see if they have done multiple works of which I've enjoyed. Or maybe if I'm just watching a new anime and think to myself "Man... I recognize that voice so much!!!"
    Its not a streaming site but if you need one just ask message Matron_Laylie on myanimelist.com I have a lot of great ones. If you loved Code Geass PLEASE watch Gundam Seed I just finished it 5 minutes ago and it is as good if not better than Code Geass I know what I am saying is blasphemy but wow what an amazing ending. Getting ready to watch Gundam Seed Destiny later today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not a streaming site but if you need one just ask message Matron_Laylie on myanimelist.com I have a lot of great ones. If you loved Code Geass PLEASE watch Gundam Seed I just finished it 5 minutes ago and it is as good if not better than Code Geass I know what I am saying is blasphemy but wow what an amazing ending. Getting ready to watch Gundam Seed Destiny later today.
    nothing beats fighting robots
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Omg, then it will be my number one priority when Usagi drop is done.

---------- Post added 2011-10-03 at 03:35 PM ----------

I don't know about these Gundam series though, is Seed the first series of all the Gundams? I don't want to feel like I'm jumping into the middle of something. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    TTGL isn't for everyone, but the "unlogic" of it is kind of the point. It was sort of a parody of the typical saturday morning / giant super robot kids shows where the fights keep getting more and more outrageous. TTGL took that so far to the extreme that by the end there were robots bigger then entire galaxies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    Enjoy! You are right in the meat of the series in the middle of the Baroque Works / Alabasta arc. The first time I watched One Piece it was rigth around there that the series seriously hooked me and I did nothing but watched One Piece any free time I had till I was all caught up. And you have 500+ episodes to go through, I think I only had around 200-250.
    That is the reason why I wont start One Piece I don't think I could live through 500+ episodes of the same show even if I was watching different shows with it. Good luck finishing it.
    And thats the reason I loved One Piece. I really like long running series if they are good. I love really getting to spend time with a group of characters outside of just one single story, but a whole bunch of stories in the same world. In fact I wish there was another really long running series like One Piece that I could watch that I have not already seen. 13-26 episode series are great when they tell a single, great story, but I liked knowing that I could always go back to that same familiar world and watch a couple of episodes and be entertained.
    I don't know about these Gundam series though, is Seed the first series of all the Gundams? I don't want to feel like I'm jumping into the middle of something. :P
    Gundam is kind of like Final Fantasy. There are a bunch of series that all share similar themes, but are not part of one, ongoing series. There are connections between them for the hardcore Gundam fans, but you can watch Gundam Seed without seeing any other Gundam and still enjoy it. Still, I would watch the original Mobile Suit Gundam and Gundam Wing simply because they are better then Seed if you do not have an issue with a little bit older animation style.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2011-10-03 at 04:20 PM.

actually Mobile Suit Gundam is the 1st, made in like 1979

10+ Year Old Account

Seed is the first in it's timeline so no worries there. But no it's not THE first that would be Mobile Suit Gundam.

TTGL isn't for everyone, but the "unlogic" of it is kind of the point. It was sort of a parody of the typical saturday morning / giant super robot kids shows where the fights keep getting more and more outrageous. TTGL took that so far to the extreme that by the end there were robots bigger then entire galaxies.
    I didn't get that it was supposed to be a parody, that would kinda explain the outrageous merging but still it was very over the top for me. :P Although I had some nice facepalms during the show. ^^
    As for older anime I'm actually one to have some issues with old animation but not all, I like Cowboy bebop as an exampel. I think I will start with SEED and then if I enjoy it I will probobly muster up the energy to watch the older ones.

will be back with more Mecha anime pics lol

Yay last night i finished Ika musume and i fuckin loved every second of it~de geso also Mawaru penguindrum now includes Terrorism among its plot and that final scene ahhh i cant have enought of it~de geso

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't get that it was supposed to be a parody, that would kinda explain the outrageous merging but still it was very over the top for me. :P Although I had some nice facepalms during the show. ^^
    As for older anime I'm actually one to have some issues with old animation but not all, I like Cowboy bebop as an exampel. I think I will start with SEED and then if I enjoy it I will probobly muster up the energy to watch the older ones.
    Cowboy Bebop isn't old. I am talking like late 70's early 80's old.
    Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    Yay last night i finished Ika musume and i fuckin loved every second of it~de geso also Mawaru penguindrum now includes Terrorism among its plot and that final scene ahhh i cant have enought of it~de geso
    Yay! ~de geso!

15+ Year Old Account
    As for older anime I'm actually one to have some issues with old animation but not all, I like Cowboy bebop as an exampel.
    <.<

>.>

Cowboy Bebop is only just over 10 years old. If thats your cutoff, youre missing out.