Oh how I wish Spice and Wolf's anime kept going. Holo is the best character of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god my ears.

I don't think I can even understand them half the time the VA is that god awful compared to the original. It seems way too "happy" when in the glorious Nipponese version they had that melodramatic air even when something funny was happening, making it so much better.

Last edited by Zatheyll; 2012-08-21 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    "The uploader has not made this video available in your country."
    Welp. How are they doing the Engrish parts in the dubbed version?
    No idea, but in that clip alone it shows they replaced all the @channel jokes with...

wait for it..

"fan-fic" jokes.

Fan fic jokes, really..? Kurisu, Daru, and Moeka's voices don't fit them at all.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-08-21 at 11:58 PM.

At least Mayuri's voice is somewhat fitting. Okabe's voice is bad, but at least you can tell the VA is trying to act. Everyone else is so forced. Jeez, the dub is so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    At least Mayuri's voice is somewhat fitting. Okabe's voice is bad, but at least you can tell the VA is trying to act. Everyone else is so forced. Jeez, the dub is so bad.
    I agree. Okabe's voice doesn't fit him, I wouldn't go far to say he's a bad VA, he is acting well, he just doesn't fit the character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've finally realized the one thing I hate most about anime.

How in basically every fight ever the MC side is a complete idiot in finishing the fight. For example they punch down the bad guy, then decide to take a good minute stretching, or talking to someone, or seeing how someone else is doing, then wonder why the hell the enemy just hit them in the head with something.

Why can't they just finish the fight? Why oh WHY do characters always ALWAYS take pauses in the middle of fighting for the most rediculous of reasons? I swear, so many people in all sorts of shows would be saved and so much time saved if they just finished the job when the enemy was first down, instead of the 20th time after something unexpected happens to help the good guys at the very last moment.

Pisses me off.

In related news.. watching Index (yah, you can probably tell why I ranted above) and just about to finish up with season 2. I love all the story development, but I am really wondering when all the characters paths are actually going to come together? I hate it especially (though I know they do this on purpose) when say Accelerator was with Index and Touma was with Mini Misaka, yet the two girls split just at the very last moment before Touma was going to see Accelerator. I swear they do this just to get your hopes up something is going to happen then remove all hope and bring you deep into despair until it happens again, and again. I just want all the main characters (Index, Touma, Misaka, Accelerator, the red fire guy, the girl companion) to just meet up finally and continue the story. It's feeling like a condensed version of ASoIAF ffs. :|

Despite all the things that piss me off in Index though I really am enjoying it a hell of a lot and I can't wait for the movie and either Railgun 2 or Index 3. Just started reading the Index light novels today.

Also, does anyone know how far season 2 goes up to in the LN's? I guess I'll find out soon enough either way.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2012-08-22 at 02:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I've finally realized the one thing I hate most about anime.

How in basically every fight ever the MC side is a complete idiot in finishing the fight. For example they punch down the bad guy, then decide to take a good minute stretching, or talking to someone, or seeing how someone else is doing, then wonder why the hell the enemy just hit them in the head with something.

Why can't they just finish the fight? Why oh WHY do characters always ALWAYS take pauses in the middle of fighting for the most rediculous of reasons? I swear, so many people in all sorts of shows would be saved and so much time saved if they just finished the job when the enemy was first down, instead of the 20th time after something unexpected happens to help the good guys at the very last moment.

Pisses me off.
    I can agree to a degree. There's always silly talk in a lot of anime. I guess the creators would run out of bad guys if they always finished them off though. In many anime/manga its also about the MC not wanting to actually kill someone, which i guess adds to why the hell they dont get finished off.

Personally though, i have something i dislike more than this behaviour: When the MC is a bloody weakling...UNTIL the last eps, where he gets some magical powerup and smashes stuff apart. I prefer the line of gradually getting better, and actually succeeding in stuff and not always getting your ass kicked and being saved by someone else (see: Maken-ki anime for a good example). Is also a reason i sort of liked FSN: Unlimitied Bladeworks ending more than the normal FSN, because he wasnt a weakling with a small dagger needing to land one small hit, and almost failing to, but rather got to utilize his magic potential and kicking ass. Sure, most of those powers came towards the end, but not as much as some anime.
    Conclusion: I hate horribly weak main chars that cant do anything else than rely on others, but still wanting to kick that big bad guys ass :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Both of you are describing deus ex machina endings.
    Yeah, it's a shitty plot device. So far I've mainly seen them in Shounen Action/Battle anime/manga (Note: Shounen Action/Battle because saying "All Shounen shows are bad because they have this plot device!" is just so damn wrong it makes me cringe.) - however, there are some exceptions.
    There needs to be more Emiya Kiritsugu main characters.

They should've serialized FSN: UBW instead of FSN. Kinda liked the movie more than the series, too bad the story was really rushed.
    All I want in a fight is for the MC to have the villain on the ground and just once... ONCE... put a sword or whatever through the guys heart before saying a SINGLE word or looking around anywhere. Chop off the head for good measure and roast it.

Deleted
    They should've serialized FSN: UBW instead of FSN. Kinda liked the movie more than the series, too bad the story was really rushed.
    Both the series and the movie are awful compared to the VN. I can hardly wait for them to ruin Heavens Feel in a movie/series.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Both the series and the movie are awful compared to the VN. I can hardly wait for them to ruin Heavens Feel in a movie/series.
    But... but... ufotable Heaven's Feel!

One can dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I agree, there was no sex!
    Funny notes aside, most who play VNs will always feel that anime or such aren't as good as the VN. I haven't played the FSN VN (despite having it installed for a loooong while), so i'll still feel the anime was decent. I can understand that point of view though, because i keep comparing manga i've read to anime when they make one for it >.<
    I think it's very difficult for an anime to follow a VN exactly, however, without becoming very boring for the average audience. It's not the same thing as playing a VN after all.

On that note, i really should play the FSN VN already, shouldn't i? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    I agree, there was no sex!
    there is sex in both FSN and FSN UBW. nothing is shown though

The "sex" in FSN and UBW feels horribly out of place though.
    well FSN it seems alright.
    UBW it's really forced though but I think it's more because of the breakneck speed they had to go at.

fun little fact
    In 2011, the writers Chris Klug and Josiah Lebowitz in their book Interactive storytelling for video games praised Fate/stay night as a strong example of branching storylines and interactive storytelling, comparing its depth and complexity to that of a traditional novel. They also noted that the English fan translation of the game has a total word count, taking into account all the branching paths, exceeding that of The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
    from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fate_stay_night

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Oh how I wish Spice and Wolf's anime kept going. Holo is the best character of all time.
    I agree, wish there was another season or two for it. There's what...17 books for it? The anime's only covered a couple of it, wanna see the rest of it.
    The show by the same director(someone posted it a few pages back, I think) looks interesting though, will have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Watching Record of Lodoss War. Such a nostalgia dose.
    I remember watching that randomly last summer due to a friend talking about it, haven't seen the second season or whatever it is though, but I've heard its terrible, is that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Im waiting for the next good gundam anime or anything good by Sunrise, Ive been waiting since Code Geass R2 and Gundam 00 ended >.>

Sorry for going all ninja-question on you with this, but what the heck!

Any of you guys know whether or not we will be able to download/stream Koi-ken online outside of Jpn? I really want to watch that sh*t, but you can't unless you live in Japan :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Im waiting for the next good gundam anime or anything good by Sunrise, Ive been waiting since Code Geass R2 and Gundam 00 ended >.>
    You are probably going to end up waiting for a long time. Might as well broaden your horizons and check out other types of anime. :P

Just finished Index II. Even though I love the characters and the story in the world... how they do it just pisses me off. Especially how you never see any of the main characters work together. Except for perhaps sometimes Misaka/Touma or Index/Touma but they always end up getting split up before any big fight happens. There is always -always- something that splits up the characters, or stops them from meeting up in the first place to fight together. All I want to see is Misaka fighting with Index fighting with Touma fighting with Accelerator and so on and they all know who each other is and what they are capable of what what is really happening in the main story-line.

I was almost crying in agony watching the fight with Accelerator protecting mini Misaka near the end and he can't even turn his eyes a millimeter to see what Index is doing and wonder what Index really is. There is so much disconnect between the characters it's like they really should be in different anime or seasons, and not all one story. If they just banded them up together and continued the main story-line (the war and all) through to it's conclusion it would be so much more bearable.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    Sorry for going all ninja-question on you with this, but what the heck!

Any of you guys know whether or not we will be able to download/stream Koi-ken online outside of Jpn? I really want to watch that sh*t, but you can't unless you live in Japan :<
    It just depends on either when a fansub group will decide to pick it up and translate it for us, or if it will ever get licensed into English (which I doubt from what I see of what it is about).

So other then hoping a group picks it up we might not even get it. Generally groups pick it up if it hasn't been yet once the BRs come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just started Nodame Cantabile even though the idea of anime based around music put me off. Lets just say I wish I started it sooner.

Was behind on Accel World, catching up now but let me say this, wow, I always disliked Chiyu, but now? What the fuck. What a bitch.