Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    If I was a gore fan I'd look at real gore. I watch anime for the story and the fact that I don't have to be annoyed at bad actors who just can't seem to get into character/use facial expressions. Small details like censuring gore has no impact on that, since if someone is stabbed and the wound isn't seen, I'll still know that the victim has a wound.. I don't know, just paying to see a few extra details in a show seems incredibly unnecessary to me. But to each their own I guess. But then, I'm one of the few people around who doesn't feel the need for ultra quality either. If there's an anime/live action show out in either say 1080p or 360p, but the 1080 takes forever to buffer/download I will watch it in 360p. Actually, I think close to all anime I've seen is in 360p since I mostly stream.

Hm, my post just feels rather negative, so let's get something positive in.. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun just gets better and better for each episode. Love it.
    It's a lot nicer to see things in general. Censorship can take a lot away from a scene, gore, nudity, indecency, or whatever. It's one thing to watch something like Acchi Kocchi with the blood spurts censored, and another to watch Another with murder and extremely gory things in general. It's like watching hentai and only seeing a kiss.
    As far as realism goes, gory movies tend to be awful with even worse actors. Plus, unless in the corner of the internet, it's never real anyway, so why settle on gross 3DPD when you can have glorious 2D perfection?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    It's a lot nicer to see things in general. Censorship can take a lot away from a scene, gore, nudity, indecency, or whatever. It's one thing to watch something like Acchi Kocchi with the blood spurts censored, and another to watch Another with murder and extremely gory things in general. It's like watching hentai and only seeing a kiss.
    As far as realism goes, gory movies tend to be awful with even worse actors. Plus, unless in the corner of the internet, it's never real anyway, so why settle on gross 3DPD when you can have glorious 2D perfection?
    When I said that I'd look at real gore I didn't mean in movies, although I can understand why it came across as that. I meant that if I wanted to see gore I'd go to a gore thread on /b/ or something Gory movies do tend to be awful.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I meant that if I wanted to see gore I'd go to a gore thread on /b/ or something
    Of course, but they can get so samey and lack anime's full frontal plot.

Not to completely derail the subject, but....final two episodes of AO, not sure how I feel about the ending. I would have enjoyed a bit more definitive closure, but I'm glad they finally wrapped up what happened after Eureka Seven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Deleted
    It felt really rushed if you ask me, but it's great to finally see the last 2 episodes.

Why were they even delayed for so long?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    80 on a highway? oh boy good that i dont live in the states who would ever want to drive so slow ;x
    M/h not km/h
    About 128 km/h
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Everything said above.

Also slightly stealing your idea Rem. I just loved this picture so much so I made it into a sig.

<3 Tinkle
    Wiiiiiiiiiiin.
    Quality is a bit terrible, the gif image is just a compilation of various Tinkle's work. You can find it here.

https://yande.re/post?tags=tinkle
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-11-20 at 09:27 PM.

i knew that remi ;X but i usually drive about 160 thats like 100mph i think and i am not one of the speedy drivers here ;X

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    i knew that remi ;X but i usually drive about 160 thats like 100mph i think and i am not one of the speedy drivers here ;X
    That's called suicidal.

Should've watched Chihayafuru a lot sooner. Each episode leaves you feeling all happy and warm and fuzzy inside. Hope it starts going into the actual poetry soon, though, like Uta Koi did.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-11-20 at 10:12 PM.

people driving 200 are less suicidal then people driving 130 with only 5m between the cars imo ;X and its not only german dalliah its most europeans ^^

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Remind me to never drive in Europe.

Faster speed limits doesn't equate to being more dangerous. There's actually several studies that have been done that show that. Germany's autobahn actually has a better track record than a lot of places in America even though in some sections there's no speed limit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Faster speed limits doesn't equate to being more dangerous. There's actually several studies that have been done that show that. Germany's autobahn actually has a better track record than a lot of places in America even though in some sections there's no speed limit.
    Faster speed = more force, more force on collision = more damage, more damage = dead.
    Speed limit doesn't matter as it is what people do within that zone.

If you crash going 65 on the highway in America, or 150 on the autobahn in Germany, you're dead regardless lol. I didn't mean it in the sense that crashing at a slower speed wasn't safer, but in the sense that having higher speed limits doesn't necessarily mean more accidents.

Is the flip flopping in Tonari annoying anyone else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Remind me to never drive in Europe.
    Stick to scandinavia and you're good, we don't drive like maniacs like the europeans from germany and below! Highest speed limit is 110, with 120 km/h in very few areas, and most people don't go above 130 when speeding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Is the flip flopping in Tonari annoying anyone else?
    Nope.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Stick to scandinavia and you're good, we don't drive like maniacs like the europeans from germany and below! Highest speed limit is 110, with 120 km/h in very few areas, and most people don't go above 130 when speeding.

Nope.
    freeway speed is 130 in many places in denmark, otherwise that's correct.

still the safety distance between cars is more important then the speed i can drive 200 and drive alot saver then people then drive 100 but only with 10m distance between each car :X also if u drove in multiple countrys like italy and france u will see that their cars have alot more dmg then german ones :P

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    It felt really rushed if you ask me, but it's great to finally see the last 2 episodes.

Why were they even delayed for so long?
    No idea on the delay, but I agree on the rushed feeling to it. Honestly I could have easily handled another season at the very least.

Flesh out a bit more of Eureka and Renton's story (would have been nice to see some of the old cast with another 10+ years on them.) A bit more explanation to the whole multiverse travel would have been nice. As well as letting us know how both Renton and Eureka had their own version of Nirvash (his the "enlightened version" and hers the Spec 2.)

Throw in a few episodes giving us the differences after Truth got hit with the Quartz Gun. Like how he ended up as an Archetype in the Mark 1 Nirvash, and how the rest of the world had changed. A couple of episodes for the climax, and an episode once he lands back on Earth when its all fixed. I'd have liked to see what happened to the Pied Piper girls and Naru.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

10+ Year Old Account
    still the safety distance between cars is more important then the speed i can drive 200 and drive alot saver then people then drive 100 but only with 10m distance between each car :X also if u drove in multiple countrys like italy and france u will see that their cars have alot more dmg then german ones :P
    whats funny is if I remember how long a meter is correctly, you're lucky to have 8 if its congested traffic :P
    [CENTER]