Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Cool. I may have to check it out or catch the show when it airs.

I love the colour scheme, the 'costume', character and sound design, the look of the first online world and the general concept is great and if Kirito wasn't such a blatant Mary-Sue (typical for Shounen but he's in another league), excelling at basically everything he attempts almost instantly, I'd probably say I love the series generally. There are some other flaws, like a bit of a cliche villain, with his 'bird in a cage princess' at the moment. I was glad that Kirito failed to get past the guards to Yggdrasil (or whatever its called). That gave his character a little more plausibility. Still, he managed to hold out pretty well against an encounter which is supposed to be a wipe-fest for even the most geared of guilds. Leafa and her story are definitely carrying the plot for me at this point.

(Regardless of some of the obvious negative aspects of the show, the level of Kayaba Akihiko's troll power was phenomenal! That episode was really well-executed, in my opinion.)
    well in alfo kirito isnt the typical character as his base stats strg agi etc. are like 100 times higher then normal ones can reach ;X (as far as i understood the game its like u can lvl spells and stuff but not gain lvl so no stats from lvl ^^) and yeah the whole point is him conquerin the limits of a online world

also they could make K-On s3 simply with *1 year later* and then azunyan wanders into their college ;P

and no i didnt watch the movie yet i assume its good? ;p
    ok started dlin movie ;P now they make the graduation trip they planned in the extra ep's gonna watch it later ;P
    ok finished the movie and must say it was the best anime movie i have seen so far ;X ( but i did only see about 6 till now^^)

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    They've been hinting that for quite some time now and that Eren's father has something to do with the titans. (genetical experiments I think?) Wtb new chapter.
    Shingeki no Kyojin chapter 40 out now ;P just wanted to let u know ;X
    Last edited by Valynvin; 2012-12-09 at 02:19 PM.

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    also they could make K-On s3 simply with *1 year later* and then azunyan wanders into their college ;P
    Since K-On is based off of a manga and not the other way around it would be both rude and strange not doing the rest of the manga first, if only that.

The manga ends (literally) the end of the first year of college for the original group and the end of the last year of High School for Azu-nyan's group as they do the end of year performance.

well thats what animes often do not doing like the manga does ;P often the whole core of the story gets changed too but yeah i would be happy with 2 seperate seasons like with saki *episode of side a and b* ;P

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    well thats what animes often do not doing like the manga does ;P often the whole core of the story gets changed too but yeah i would be happy with 2 seperate seasons like with saki *episode of side a and b* ;P
    The only thing not based off of the manga is the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Finished marathoning Strike Witches Season 1+OVA+Season 2+The Movie

Loved every single minute of it.
    Sanya and Hartmann were amazing. Can't decide who I liked more, everybody was great.

Sanya is best Witch.

Deleted
    Takane's singing voice is best Idolm@ster singing voice and makes every song better:

Gotta love that sultry, airiness. =3 I'd probably rank her as my favourite idol (dat breezy, graceful "Producer~!") if it weren't for Chihaya invoking the white-knight instinct in me so hard.

Kind of out of nowhere but I've been listening to her songs this morning. xD (Best song in the series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwPlA8HiiZs)

Takane's singing voice is best Idolm@ster singing voice and makes every song better:

Gotta love that sultry, airiness. =3 I'd probably rank her as my favourite idol (dat breezy, graceful "Producer~!") if it weren't for Chihaya invoking the white-knight instinct in me so hard.

Kind of out of nowhere but I've been listening to her songs this morning. xD (Best song in the series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwPlA8HiiZs)
    I knew I recognized her, Yuuko from Tasogare Otome x Amnesia! Love that voice.

I'm a sucker for Chelly from Supercell/EGOIST, myself, even though I couldn't stand Guilty Crown as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post

I'm a sucker for Chelly from Supercell/EGOIST, myself, even though I couldn't stand Guilty Crown as a whole.
    Yeah I love her songs, though I didn't hate guilty crown :P
    [CENTER]

Deleted

[video=youtube;kiUbLrUKLrc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiUbLrUKLrc[video]
    Oh snap! I hadn't realised she is the voice of the chick in Amnesia! It was already on my To Watch list (and pretty high up), but it'll definitely have to be the next thing I watch now! xD

And yeah, her voice is really nice and really relaxing. Is she the singer on Perfect Day? That song is lovely but melancholy, especially combined with the video. Supercell wrote some of the better Vocaloid songs didn't they?

I've seen Guilty Crown mentioned quite a bit, but it doesn't really look like my thing.

I'm more excited for Prism Nana than anything else. Too bad that'll be forever.

Also going to Dallas on the 29th to go see Madoka movies.
    Drive 8 hours, watch movie, drive 8 hours back. Worth it.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Oh snap! I hadn't realised she is the voice of the chick in Amnesia! It was already on my To Watch list (and pretty high up), but it'll definitely have to be the next thing I watch now! xD

And yeah, her voice is really nice and really relaxing. Is she the singer on Perfect Day? That song is lovely but melancholy, especially combined with the video. Supercell wrote some of the better Vocaloid songs didn't they?

I've seen Guilty Crown mentioned quite a bit, but it doesn't really look like my thing.
    The song you linked appears to be a singer named Yanagi Nagi, she also sang the ending for Bakemonogatari. It's still Supercell, though. Chelly is one of the newer singers to contribute to their music, starting with a few singles for Guilty Crown as well as her own album that Ryo of Supercell produced.

And I personally thought Guilty Crown was a disaster, but there are people who enjoyed it. Code Geass is significantly better and extremely similar, though.

Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    I'm more excited for Prism Nana than anything else. Too bad that'll be forever.

Also going to Dallas on the 29th to go see Madoka movies.
    Drive 8 hours, watch movie, drive 8 hours back. Worth it.
    Bah, I wish I could do something like that. It's actually coming to Atlanta, which is just an hour away, but it's the day The Hobbit comes out and I'm already going to that with a big group of friends. I'm gonna be in for a long wait...

As for Prism Nana, I just hope it's somewhat dark. I don't think I would've liked Madoka too much if it weren't for Gen's dark and tragic writing.

Deleted
    The song you linked appears to be a singer named Yanagi Nagi, she also sang the ending for Bakemonogatari. It's still Supercell, though. Chelly is one of the newer singers to contribute to their music, starting with a few singles for Guilty Crown as well as her own album that Ryo of Supercell produced.

And I personally thought Guilty Crown was a disaster, but there are people who enjoyed it. Code Geass is significantly better and extremely similar, though.
    Ah okay. Cool.
    I got the impression that it is vaguely Code Geass/Mirrai Nikki-esque from the trailers I watched. And, yeah, Code Geass kicks so much ass. 'Cept Suzaku and Rolo, they're dicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Second volume of the SAO blu-ray is out on the cat website for those interested.
    I decided to save Commie's ones unless/until UTWoots comes out with a full batch of the BR later on.

This is a terrible start of the week: gg is late with Magi, and EveTaku is late with Sakurasou.

Why am I so anal on the groups I watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I decided to save Commie's ones unless/until UTWoots comes out with a full batch of the BR later on.

This is a terrible start of the week: gg is late with Magi, and EveTaku is late with Sakurasou.

Why am I so anal on the groups I watch.
    What's the difference between commie and UTW? Just better subs?

Also, commie has the newest magi episode subbed if you didn't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    What's the difference between commie and UTW? Just better subs?

Also, commie has the newest magi episode subbed if you didn't know.
    Normally I choose a group depending on how good the group is and how fast they are and stick with them.

UTW is just great at everything they do. Great typesetting, translations, video quality, timing, etc.

I loved Eden of the East, one of the most unique series I've ever seen. I finally got a hold of the two movies several months back and watched it all again, and I felt like they wrapped it up very nicely. My only real complaint with the original series was the very obvious lack of closure, but that was just because they had the movies planned.
    Movies?! Gah, need to start looking for them, thank you for mentioning them!

Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    The anime IS incomplete, I heard they won't make a second season because it didn't sell very well. It is continued in the manga.
    I'll have to watch for updates on the manga, then. I think they were coming out slowly last time I cycled round to reading it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Just wanna throw a little note here: For those that have not seen/never herd about Baccano... you should really check it out. It is without a doubt one of the best animes created after my opinion. For those who like Dubs it even got a brilliant one there.
    I haven't heard much about it, and the advertising pushes I saw weren't very engaging, but I'll certainly give it a try.

crymore.net is a nice site for fansub reviews, if anyone's curious. He manages to cover a lot of shows, and has reviews for all of the well known groups on each show they pick up. They're also rather entertaining to read, and there are a couple good ways to compare different groups doing the same series.

Bah, I wish I could do something like that. It's actually coming to Atlanta, which is just an hour away, but it's the day The Hobbit comes out and I'm already going to that with a big group of friends. I'm gonna be in for a long wait...

As for Prism Nana, I just hope it's somewhat dark. I don't think I would've liked Madoka too much if it weren't for Gen's dark and tragic writing.
    Since it's SHAFT, I think it'll have some sort of dark element, but honestly, with the animation and what the characters seem like will keep me interested. That's my thought anyway.
    Only on the 3rd promotion out of 7. Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuu.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    Movies?! Gah, need to start looking for them, thank you for mentioning them!

I'll have to watch for updates on the manga, then. I think they were coming out slowly last time I cycled round to reading it again.

I haven't heard much about it, and the advertising pushes I saw weren't very engaging, but I'll certainly give it a try.
    I have asked the author myself a few months ago, and she said she can't work because of her health instability and such. However, I know the next chapter is scheduled to come out in February on the german Amazon.