well they had a choice still enough people stayed in the town of beginning and form the front lines only a few actually died most people just thought they were stronger then they are like the kuro neko guild ;X the only point where he would have rly killed some 1 would have been in my opinion the lvl 100 boss fight where he is actually the boss ^^

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they had the choice between risking their lives or to stay behind in a virtual world knowing that they'd never see their real friends/family again. While he did not directly kill all those people, he's definitely responsible for it since he trapped them in that world to begin with.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    I'm with Badhairday on this one. Though Kayaba may not have directly killed anyone, he indirectly killed several hundred people by essentially imprisoning them in a virtual world and making the only means of escape a perilous trudge through deadly dungeons, forcing people to fight with medieval weaponry (slightly improved through player abilities).

I appreciate what he was trying to achieve with Sword Art Online and would hold no ill-feelings toward him if he had made people aware of the conditions required for completing the game but he didn't. He trapped them in his world involuntarily and forced them to tackle the increasingly difficult and deadly dungeons, making them place their real lives on the line, in order to escape. He duped people for his own ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    So I went to go see the Madoka Movie last night, and damn it was packed. Some people had QB plushies, or QB ears. Some people ever had Madoka, Sayaka and Kyouko wigs, but no Homura or Mami which should have been the easiest, I think...
    I'd love to get my hands on a QB plushie! I'd probably end up strangling it more than I'd cuddle it, but still! xD
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-12-23 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I'm with Badhairday on this one. Though Kayaba may not have directly killed anyone, he indirectly killed several hundred people by essentially imprisoning them in a virtual world and making the only means of escape a perilous trudge through deadly dungeons, forcing people to fight with medieval weaponry (slightly improved through player abilities).

I appreciate what he was trying to achieve with Sword Art Online and would hold no ill-feelings toward him if he had made people aware of the conditions required for completing the game but he didn't. He trapped them in his world involuntarily and forced them to tackle the increasingly difficult and deadly dungeons, making them place their real lives on the line, in order to escape. He duped people for his own ends.
    Precisely. While I think the idea behind it is awesome, and it made the show so much better than it would've been without it, the character certainly has lots of blood on his hands for what he did.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

ok i am fine with this it would have been better if the player had known the death condition before joining but i would have probably still joined actually xD

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    I'd be quite tempted myself. xD Aincrad is really beautiful and it'd be fun to run around beating stuff up with a sword all day. But, it'd be awfully dangerous. Especially with asshole PvP guilds running around. >=/

thats true only the front runners where actually save from the pvp guys ;X just remeber kirito getting hacked at by 10 people and just chilling ^^

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    True, if I wasn't in a top guild I think I'd just go down the trader route since for the most part, people couldn't be killed in towns. And yeah, that bit was pretty lulzy. xD Like:

(Though, I did raise an eyebrow at how quickly he was able to conjure such a perfect illusion.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not quite related to the topic at hand but still SAO: Did anyone else get a bit bothered by the whole "You can transfer your character between MMOs thanks to the Seed"? Kinda defeats the whole point of an MMO if you don't need to gear/skill up and just jump to the highest level.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

thats absolutly true i dunno why would u want to transfer your character :X looks and name ok but all his stats? who would want that ;O but other then that the seed is actually awesome need one of those irl and go give us VRMMO'S :<

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Meh. That part didn't bother me too much. I think the big thing about the potential the 'Seed' gave people was to explore limitless worlds and people could create their dream worlds. So, you could level a character up in a setting you are comfortable with, perhaps PvE oriented or exclusively, and then you could transfer your character to a nightmarish but awesome post-apocalyptic world exclusively dedicated to PvP on a global scale.
    Games wouldn't have to necessarily follow the typical MMO progression structure, but I'm sure there would be plenty of worlds that utilised it and it would be most enjoyable to reset your stats there, but I'm sure there'd be some where it was advantageous to go there only at level cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. That part didn't bother me too much. I think the big thing about the potential the 'Seed' gave people was to explore limitless worlds and people could create their dream worlds. So, you could level a character up in a setting you are comfortable with, perhaps PvE oriented or exclusively, and then you could transfer your character to a nightmarish but awesome post-apocalyptic world exclusively dedicated to PvP on a global scale.
    Games wouldn't have to necessarily follow the typical MMO progression structure, but I'm sure there would be plenty of worlds that utilised it and it would be most enjoyable to reset your stats there, but I'm sure there'd be some where it was advantageous to go there only at level cap.
    Well sure, giving the tools for anyone to make their dream world like that sounds wonderful. But jumping into a game with everything capped, even if you don't know the game would suck. The journey to the max level is supposed to be fun! But yeah, having some world that is all around very difficult with only lvl capped players sounds neat.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post

I loved Hanasaku Iroha, along with Tari Tari. Not quite slice of life, but not too much melodrama, and with characters that actually develop!
    I loved Tari Tari too. Was an awesome show.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was fairly obvious from the beginning they would actually die in real life if they died in the game, but that is one of the reasons I love Kayaba so much. He isn't really a typical villain, just someone that's really bored with stuff. Kinda like the Psycho-Pass guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    It was fairly obvious from the beginning they would actually die in real life if they died in the game, but that is one of the reasons I love Kayaba so much. He isn't really a typical villain, just someone that's really bored with stuff. Kinda like the Psycho-Pass guy.
    Well, yeah. It was obvious in the beginning because they talked so much about it. But after getting out of SAO no one talked about the deaths anymore, making me believe that kayaba just straight up lied about it to make people more serious in the game.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

First world problems, I couldn't get my poster laminated because it was too big. A friend suggested to buy a poster frame instead, but checking online, those are all too small. This poster is massive, the largest one in stores is 24 x 36, and the poster is 27 x 39.5. /sigh
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    First world problems, I couldn't get my poster laminated because it was too big. A friend suggested to buy a poster frame instead, but checking online, those are all too small. This poster is massive, the largest one in stores is 24 x 36, and the poster is 27 x 39.5. /sigh
    You managed to get one of the 27 or whatever posters? Well played. When it comes to posters, the bigger the better!

You managed to get one of the 27 or whatever posters? Well played. When it comes to posters, the bigger the better!
    Not just one, two. My sister and father went with me, and my sister, whom sat next to me, also won one, but she didn't want it so she gave it to me. so I got 2 of the 27.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Not quite related to the topic at hand but still SAO: Did anyone else get a bit bothered by the whole "You can transfer your character between MMOs thanks to the Seed"? Kinda defeats the whole point of an MMO if you don't need to gear/skill up and just jump to the highest level.
    SAO uses deus ex plot device/game mechanic at every twist and turn. The novel writer is relatively new at his craft, he has only two works in light novel format (granted they're huge and have been animated already) so occasionally things pop up that seem out of place in terms of writing a good long term anime. Though, it wasn't intended to even be an anime in the first place so... I don't place judgement.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    SAO uses deus ex plot device/game mechanic at every twist and turn. The novel writer is relatively new at his craft, he has only two works in light novel format (granted they're huge and have been animated already) so occasionally things pop up that seem out of place in terms of writing a good long term anime. Though, it wasn't intended to even be an anime in the first place so... I don't place judgement.
    I was talking about what they mention at the very end of the show, what "The Seed" the Kirito received from Kayaba was and all the new worlds that would be created thanks to it. I didn't mind the stats from the SAO game getting transferred into the new one, since he didn't have that much time and somehow getting maxed out so fast would've been far more ridiculous than encountering some bug because of the games using the same codes or w/e. ^^
    Cave Cave Deus Videt