10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynta Vali Daseriu View Post
    I watched Hellsing a few weeks ago. Seras was amazing. Not sure what I'm going to watch next. What's the saddest anime ever? (Preferably one in English, but subs are fine.)
    Clannad: After Story takes the prize! Bare in mind I only have like 40 days /watched which is a lot lower then some in here so there could be sadder shows..
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I watched Hellsing a few weeks ago. Seras was amazing. Not sure what I'm going to watch next. What's the saddest anime ever? (Preferably one in English, but subs are fine.)
    Hellsing's like anime light. Why don't you stop being a poser and watch some real anime like Paranoia Agent or Trigun?

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite sad anime shows:

Clannad (First season is more slice of life with some sad parts, but second season is a full out brawl fest)

Kanon (Same people who did Clannad, one season in length and deals more with supernatural elements but can get just as sad)

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. or AnoHana for short. (Easily my favorite one. 11 episodes in length but the ending is both sad and great)

Steins;gate is another one I could put in the list. I wouldn't call it a sad anime per say but the second half can get so depressing and messed up that it can be just as bad or even sadder then the others.

All of them are dubbed except for AnoHana, but I would not recommend the Steins;gate dub at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I need more Sasami in my life.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pqaNj.gif[IMG]
    You need to be as Sasami as you can be.

Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo Episode 1 this anime looks good headphone guy op ^^

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Latest Maoyuu Maou was fantastic. No fan service whatsoever and just an awesome episode.

This is turning out to be a pretty good season. I haven't watched everything yet, but I've seen most.

For this season I'm guessing this will be my list of shows I stick with:

Maoyuu Maou - I'm guessing this will be my favorite of the season.
    Ore no Kanojo - First episode was great. I know I'll like this one a lot.
    Amnesia - Wasn't too impressed with the first episode, but I'll probably keep watching it anyways. I've yet to drop a show.
    Tamako Market - Loved it. That bird is great.
    Gj-bu - Nothing really original it seems, but I know I'll like it.
    Sasami-san - Bit of a wtf, but I liked it lol.
    Kotoura-san - Was not expecting that at all. First half was definitely out of the blue for me. Thought it was strictly a SoL/Comedy. I expect this one will be quite good.
    Vividred Operation - Wasn't expecting much, but I actually enjoyed the first episode a lot. Makes me want to finally get around to watching Strike Witches too lol.
    Haganai - Loved the first season. I'm sure I'll like this season too. Good first episode.

For anime shorts I'll be watching:

Boku no Imouto - Not the greatest, but it's only a couple minutes long each episode, so why not.
    Mangirl - Not bad, but it's funny at times.
    Ai Mai Mi - Kind of same reasoning as boku.
    Yama no Susume - Easily the best of the shorts for me so far. It's a shame they're not full length episodes.
    Senyuu - Bit corny, but eh, I'll watch it lol.

I haven't gotten around to watching Hakkenden, Senran Kagura, Love Live!, Bakumatsu, and Zettai Karen Children yet. Mostly because they seem the least interesting to me. I'll watch them in the next couple of days though.

Aside from shows I haven't seen yet, I'll probably be dropping Cuticle Detective and Ishida.

Now I'm just waiting for Mondai-Ji-Tachi to be subbed. Looks like it will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Clannad: After Story takes the prize! Bare in mind I only have like 40 days /watched which is a lot lower then some in here so there could be sadder shows..
    After Story comes in second for me, Grave of the Fireflies is probably the saddest thing I've ever seen. It's an anime movie, though, so a lot shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    After Story comes in second for me, Grave of the Fireflies is probably the saddest thing I've ever seen. It's an anime movie, though, so a lot shorter.
    After story is only second to Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai in my book, mostly because Clannad is kinda lengthy before you get to the real sad part. Cried my eyes out with both shows though

New girl in Chihayafuru is shit. They need to drop her.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    I hope she can atleast be cause for some romantic turmoil, but other than that she isn't sparking my intrest at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Seriously.

She's probably going to be the one girl that stays in the end though, maybe 1-2 others along with that one guy.

Vividred Operation - I know I'm going to like this one. It has the Strike Witches vibe, really nice animation, and the story started out nicely. I also like how they are broke even though her granddad was the one who invented the thing giving the world energy. You'd think the world would make sure they never need for anything.

How the granddad and MC meet each other after a few hours is awesome also. I like that guy.

Also, that magical girl transformation was [I]amazing.[/I]

Haganai - I can't help but loving Meat's Dad. He's really awesome.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - A great episode, with next to no fanservice. The backdrops continue to amaze me, and it was really cool how she was teaching the students about so much. I wonder if the new maids are going to become bigger characters in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    After story is only second to Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai in my book, mostly because Clannad is kinda lengthy before you get to the real sad part. Cried my eyes out with both shows though
    AnoHana was sad, but it didn't make me bawl like the other two for some reason. Maybe it's because I came to terms with it all before the sad stuff happened, since you figure out pretty quickly that Menma will end up disappearing by the end. I liked it a lot, but it was more bittersweet than tragic for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - A great episode, with next to no fanservice. The backdrops continue to amaze me, and it was really cool how she was teaching the students about so much. I wonder if the new maids are going to become bigger characters in the story.
    WHY IS IT SO MARATHON-ABLE
    It is going to get me mad, seriously. I wish they'll get to kiss in the next episode and start a relationship sooner. I want to see more series having their main characters getting married or something early, as they are not really common. I'm getting bored of all these BRRRRRRRRRRRR i think i like her but i wont tell her anything till the end of the series cuz i feel like confessing only in the ED, and make fun of all the fans which actually wanted some romance DURR

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Ano Hana felt way too forced for me, plus none of the characters were really like able besides maybe Menma. I think it gets way more praise than it deserves. It is a nice concept though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Is it on the second episode now?

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    Is it on the second episode now?
    Yes. New episodes every Friday morning. At least for Pacific timezone. Could be different depending on where you live.

My order from Amazon finally came. I didn't realize it, but if you have them ship everything at once to save on shipping, they'll wait to ship even pre-orders. Damn good thing the second part of the Girl Friends collection came out pretty soon after I placed the order. Glad it came today though, I only had 2 unread volumes left. I'm about 2/3 of the way through the first collection of Girl Friends. Just based off what I've read so far I'd love an anime adaptation.

I finished movie #5 on Kara no Kyoukai tonight. Just downloaded the complete OST for all the movies since the ost is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    I finished movie #5 on Kara no Kyoukai tonight. Just downloaded the complete OST for all the movies since the ost is pretty good.
    I want to watch Paradox Spiral again, loved it so much. I personally think the 6th one is the worst, though, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    I want to watch Paradox Spiral again, loved it so much. I personally think the 6th one is the worst, though, unfortunately.
    Hmm I've been streaming them for three other people and one of them who has seen them before said he was done after the 5th. I guess that's why. Paradox Spiral was very good though. It's hard to not say it's the best one because it's the longest one thus far and has the most gripping story of the 5 I've seen up to this point. With the others being so short it's hard for them to compare.

Listening to the OST of the first movie right now, this one is my favorite so far.

Last edited by Inner Universe; 2013-01-12 at 07:44 AM.