Deleted
    Just by curiosity, do you guys have any favourite translator from the subbing groups you like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erio View Post
    Just by curiosity, do you guys have any favourite translator from the subbing groups you like?
    Vale is the best. He both subs half the shows that air every season for multiple groups and reviews every other group for every show each season.

Back from the con and sore all over from dancing for 6 hours. I ended up getting a Ririchiyo fig like I said, and after doing another sweep of the dealers room found none other but Touwa Erio in a corner! The only fig of her in the convention and right when I saw it I snatched it up and paid $50 for it and it was bought before I realized anything had really happened. Also got a really cool Madoka fan print and an awesome Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate mug with a covering that has the shows icon on it. I'll have pictures of them all later on.

Oh god I have so much anime to catch up on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    It does look like they are hinting on him betraying the humans. His sudden appearance is a bit suspicious.

Sounds pretty expensive and fun. How much money did you spend overall?
    $250 on hotel, con ticket, food, and merchandise. It was worth it.

Deleted
    It does look like they are hinting on him betraying the humans. His sudden appearance is a bit suspicious.
    Yeah. =I I wouldn't be surprised if he was resenting of humanity in general. I think he has plenty of reason to be, since much of his species' problems stem from them. And, just in recent events, they sided with Squealer over him, screwing all of them even harder than they were already going to be. But, I'd be sad if he fucked Saki and Satoru over. They've been acquittance bros of his since they were kids and they're two of the few humans who speak to him with any respect. I'm hoping that his strange behaviour is a result of becoming a little unhinged after being crushed so completely by a character as honourless and self-serving as Squealer and he won't go any further than maybe pursuing Squealer at the wrong time putting himself and the guys in danger. I'd be ticked if he betrayed them deliberately.

Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    Yeah. =I I wouldn't be surprised if he was resenting of humanity in general. I think he has plenty of reason to be, since much of his species' problems stem from them. And, just in recent events, they sided with Squealer over him, screwing all of them even harder than they were already going to be. But, I'd be sad if he fucked Saki and Satoru over. They've been acquittance bros of his since they were kids and they're two of the few humans who speak to him with any respect. I'm hoping that his strange behaviour is a result of becoming a little unhinged after being crushed so completely by a character as honourless and self-serving as Squealer and he won't go any further than maybe pursuing Squealer at the wrong time putting himself and the guys in danger. I'd be ticked if he betrayed them deliberately.
    SSY Ep 22 I trust him more than I don't trust him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did betray them. I'm siding with he wont. I think you might be right about the snarl they showed pertaining to him being happy to have the chance to kill squealer. And if he did betray them, him doing it to kill squealer certainly seems plausible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    SSY Ep 21 I trust him more than I don't trust him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did betray them. I'm siding with he wont. I think you might be right about the snarl they showed pertaining to him being happy to have the chance to kill squealer. And if he did betray them, him doing it to kill squealer certainly seems plausible.
    I'm completely on the helping side. If he was aiming to betray wouldn't he have been able to lead them into a trap by them or something already? Least thats how I think of it.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    $250 on hotel, con ticket, food, and merchandise. It was worth it.
    Cheaper than I expected. What con did you go to? I've been thinking about going to Anime Expo but none of my friends are really into anime and I wouldn't want to go alone. Though I could probably talk 1 or 2 of them into it if really tried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats why I can't theorize/look deep into things dalliah. Awesome theory that blew my mind but will (possibly) spoil the next episode or two's twist that may not happen....
    [CENTER]

He could be waiting for them to find the weapon they are looking for.
    Exactly what I was thinking. SSY Ep 22 He may need their help to retrieve the weapon and is just waiting till they get it to betray them. I imagine squealer would be quite happy with a weapon designed to kill cantus users.

Deleted
    .......... You bastards. I intended to wait until Shin Sekai Yori ends and to watch it in one go, but you are making me want to go into it right now more and more. Anything that attracts that much discussion has to be great.

SSY Ep 22 Then there's the fact we know he's already been there and many other queer rats have attempted to go as well. He wasn't exactly forthcoming with why they were there before. He even said that none had ever wanted to settle there, so why go? I'm guessing they might of already known about the weapon and have previously failed to retrieve it. Now he's using them to get it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    .......... You bastards. I intended to wait until Shin Sekai Yori ends and to watch it in one go, but you are making me want to go into it right now more and more. Anything that attracts that much discussion has to be great.
    Honestly, if I were you I'd just wait unless you really want to participate in the discussion. The show's almost over anyways. I always find anime to be a far better experience when I can just marathon through it (discussions aside) and don't have to wait for the weekly episode.

Deleted
    Honestly, if I were you I'd just wait unless you really want to participate in the discussion. The show's almost over anyways. I always find anime to be a far better experience when I can just marathon through it (discussions aside) and don't have to wait for the weekly episode.
    Probably will. Did the same thing with Psycho-Pass, Zetsuen no Tempest and Maoyuu - I'm fine with watching comedies and action shows on a weekly basis, but when it seems that it's the story that's going to be the driving force I lay the anime off and wait until it completes. I'd have to recap previous episode each time a new one comes out otherwise, a marathon makes it much easier to follow a complicated, branching story.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually pretty damn cheap.
    I did save big on the hotel though, $35 for two nights but I slept on the floor.

Cheaper than I expected. What con did you go to? I've been thinking about going to Anime Expo but none of my friends are really into anime and I wouldn't want to go alone. Though I could probably talk 1 or 2 of them into it if really tried.
    I went to a local one, Wasabi Animeland is the name. Ticket was only $55 for it.

Im going to MCM London Expo, lots of anime stuff there like last year.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Do you normally go? I wonder if I've ever passed you

(I went to them last year and the year before: only on saturdays)
    I was there in May for the mmoc brony meet up, all 3 days.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    SSY Ep 22 I trust him more than I don't trust him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did betray them. I'm siding with he wont. I think you might be right about the snarl they showed pertaining to him being happy to have the chance to kill squealer. And if he did betray them, him doing it to kill squealer certainly seems plausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    I'm completely on the helping side. If he was aiming to betray wouldn't he have been able to lead them into a trap by them or something already? Least thats how I think of it.
    Aye, I'm hoping it won't be more than that.

SSY Ep 22 Then there's the fact we know he's already been there and many other queer rats have attempted to go as well. He wasn't exactly forthcoming with why they were there before. He even said that none had ever wanted to settle there, so why go? I'm guessing they might of already known about the weapon and have previously failed to retrieve it. Now he's using them to get it.
    That is a very good point to raise. I would not be surprised if most of the queerats, even Kiroumaru's colony, intended to acquire the psycho-buster because, even if they did not intend to actually use it against the humans, it would be a very good bargaining chip to make the humans treat them with more respect and maybe even reverse the rolls of rulers and serfs. But, at this point, I don't think using the psycho-buster would be Kiroumaru's priority at this stage, at least as a weapon of vengeance against the humans, because I think he is obsessed with striking back at Squealer. THOUGH, he might actually use it to wipe out the humans as a way to spite Squealer as it would mean Squealer would lose his supply of potential fiends and his biggest advantage over the other colonies. Hurting humans would be hurting Squealer at this point, so I suppose that is a card he might very well play. Only time will tell. The suspense! I love this show!

@Caine: It's got lots of cliffhangers and unanswered questions so you are compelled to talk about it. But, it is still very good, imo, so I would be talking about it anyway. I actually waited ages before I started watching it because of that season it looked the most interesting to me and I tried to wait to marathon it but gave up around episode 17 and watched a chunk of it then and have been enjoying the anticipation for it each week since then. Reminds me of waiting for the first season of Lost. xD
    I think watching it in bulk made it easier for me to enjoy the show than a lot of people who dropped it because I could see a lot of the overarching build up unfold without having to wait a week for answers and remember subtle motions and lines of dialogue over that time.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2013-03-03 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Spice and Wolf was better than I expected, really enjoyed it.

Could anyone recommend a UK based anime DVD store/website?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    It has to get 2nd season. There's a ton of LN material to go on and the series has barely begun. Also, it's second best travel-to-a-parallel-universe-set-in-the-past-reminiscent-of-sengoku-jidai anime I've ever seen, after Juuni Kokki. It has to continue.