10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex View Post
    Wait Death Note is considered shounen? Wow my life is now ruined.
    Obviously.

Just look at all that teenage angst in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelgius View Post
    Yay, it seems I'm not the only one who dropped Death Note.
    :O Remilia ava/sig (your sig quality is a bit..., well it looks improperly resized)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero, Hellsing, Code Geass and Welcome to the NHK are all animé that fall into the categories I don't like. All of them are aimed towards teenage boys. And yes I know Hellsing is violent and dark.
    Never really got into NGE.

Akira, amazing movie, seen it several times.

I'd like something clever, with characters that aren't extremely predictable, shallow and horrendously cliché like in most Shounen animé.
    I would recommend looking into older animes although most older animes might have cliche characters but only because that anime is what the cliche derived from. I would first recommend Rah Xephon from 2001 it's really good but you may even want to go even further back.

Yay, it seems I'm not the only one who dropped Death Note.
    I also dropped Death Note although not because it was bad but because L died and I didnt like where the story was going.
    Last edited by Pokedex; 2013-04-08 at 06:16 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I'm interested in finding some mature anime. Not in the manner that it's gore and sex, but I want something more grown-up. I can't really put it better. I really can't stand all the shounen stuff out there with shallow characters, terrible plotlines and horrible fanservice. I want something better than that.
    A few examples of "grown-ups" anime I could make is Ghost in the Shell, Mushishi, Last Exile, Blue Submarine #6 and "Here and There, Now and Then". But ofcourse, humor like Cromartie High can be good too. The latter is freaking hillarious and the only animé I've ever watched to with an english dub, because it was such a great dub.

Any ideas what I could look for? And don't bloody say Higurashi, it's repulsive, violence and gore doesn't equals to being mature and clever.
    I'll probably list a couple might not like, but I guess you can't really expect anything else.
    Monster - Psychological thriller/mystery set in Germany and eastern europe.
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Political war drama
    Gankutsuou - Adaption/reimagening of the Count of Monte Cristo
    Kino no Tabi - Similar to Mushishi
    Infinite Ryvius - Pretty much Lord of the Flies in space
    Revolutionary Girl Utena - Has an art style that might seem off-putting, and the plot and characters might seem pretty straight forward at first glance. They're anything but. I had to rewatch it to get some kind of understanding of what was happening.

As for movies I'd recommend Angel's Egg and Jin-Roh the Wolf Brigade. There are also various collections of shorts, like Genius Party and Sweat Punch that might also be something you'd like. They shorts are of pretty varying quality, but there are some real gems in there.

Then there's the works by Satoshi Kon, not to my personal liking, but they're often highly regarded. Stuff like Paranoia Agent, Paprika and Perfect Blue
    Last edited by Erihs; 2013-04-08 at 06:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achillia View Post
    Dunno what they did with the first version of FMA, since the plot is completely different.
    They made it when manga was halfway done. Anime original material sucks, always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Oh wow. Did not expect Ga-Rei-Zero to be that good.
    Isn't it amazing Love the action scenes they are so fluid and even from the first episode the story just drags you in so easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Yeah the last 5 min of ep1 got me hooked. Best way to describe those last minutes is "What in the fuck just happened?".
    Perfect way to describe it and probably the only way :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    :O Remilia ava/sig (your sig quality is a bit..., well it looks improperly resized)
    It just looks that way because the source material was huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. It was the best I could do, really. I have another one I can use, but it doesn't fit with my avatar as much...
    I also dropped Death Note although not because it was bad but because L died and I didnt like where the story was going.
    Fair enough, I just hated the show in it's entirety :/
    Karneval- This anime confused me but I am sure ill keep watching just to find out whats going on. I really hope this anime had back story galore!
    Yeah Karneval was very strange, I was wondering why the lady at the start wanted his virginity or something, then turned into some spider-zombie or what the hell it was supposed to be. Was kind of creepy :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    Gargantia was a lot of fun. I liked the second half much better than the first, I have such a hard time watching the action when there's so much talking about formations and weapons and other complicated terminology. Really looking forward to where it goes from now, though.

Shingeki no Kyojin was also great aside from MC voice, which I hope I can get used to. He's a bit better in this one, at least.
    I just ignored all the talking in the first half and focused on what was going on instead, too much space terminology used anyway. Interesting story at least, since it seems Earth was "lost" to humanity, but he's there anyway. Hope there'll be some more space battles though.

@Shingeki no Kyojin; Kaji Yuki again? Sigh, when does the wimpy male character voicing end...

as i thought this seasons anime has many more that i am enjoying that the last 2, only 2 of them so far that i may drop Date_A_Live and Zettai Bouei Leviatan, was going to watch Aku no Hana but after seeing the mess they made of the art compared to the manga i thought fuck that and read the manga, i honestly can't see it working with the art work like that.

only Aiura, Yuyushiki, Kakumeiki Valvrave, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S and Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. to go.
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-04-08 at 12:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just looks that way because the source material was huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. It was the best I could do, really. I have another one I can use, but it doesn't fit with my avatar as much...
    Yeah Karneval was very strange, I was wondering why the lady at the start wanted his virginity or something, then turned into some spider-zombie or what the hell it was supposed to be. Was kind of creepy :/
    I just ignored all the talking in the first half and focused on what was going on instead, too much space terminology used anyway. Interesting story at least, since it seems Earth was "lost" to humanity, but he's there anyway. Hope there'll be some more space battles though.

@Shingeki no Kyojin; Kaji Yuki again? Sigh, when does the wimpy male character voicing end...
    Pm me it and I'll see what I can do.

Deleted
    Pm me it and I'll see what I can do.
    Isn't it better now? Changed it from last time :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it better now? Changed it from last time :P
    on my phone. No idea!

Deleted
    on my phone. No idea!
    You're not quite helping here :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, on laptop, it's uhh................ send me the file. Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I just liked it because it had a little bit of a darker aspect and was almost laid out like Code Geass.

Good I wasn't the only one \o/

Deleted
    Arata Kangatari had an interesting start. Another one I did not expect much out of and got pleasantly surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Infinite Stratos S2?
    That should be pretty awesome can't wait!

hayate no gotoku with normal character design bansaiiii also liked mushibygio and arata kantagari cant wait for all the 2nd ep's of this season most animes look quite promising :P

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Red Data Girl- Seems a bit odd but I cant wait to find out what the hell is going on.

Death Billiards- The ending was great I kinda wish this was a full anime the story was awesome even for being one episode and the character development was smooth and quick but still did quite well.

Photo Kano- The title should be changed to "How a high school pervert becomes a high school pervert"

Hataraku Maou-Sama!- That ending was amazing I really cant wait for this series combining actual power with comedy is great.