Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    I like valvrave as well, I haven't heard anything bad about it o_O
    Well, it is not a good anime. Unless there is a very good explanation coming in, L-Elf's antics are too ridiculous to take seriously... and it is never a good sign when something that's supposed to be serious makes you smirk. But it does not need to be good to be a fun watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Well, it is not a good anime. Unless there is a very good explanation coming in, L-Elf's antics are too ridiculous to take seriously... and it is never a good sign when something that's supposed to be serious makes you smirk. But it does not need to be good to be a fun watch.
    reminds me of a certain "high school student" who would predict battle tactics, with no training whatsoever. (lelouch)
    [CENTER]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    reminds me of a certain "high school student" who would predict battle tactics, with no training whatsoever. (lelouch)
    Lelouch was exaggerated, but to an extent. L-Elf? Fuck. He's got the brains of a LelouchxLight tube child mounted on Son Goku's body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm saying that "exaggeration" is okay, but a military trained (possibly all his life it seems) wouldn't be able to pull off such predictions?
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did I play Clannad...dem feels

Deleted
    Well I'm saying that "exaggeration" is okay, but a military trained (possibly all his life it seems) wouldn't be able to pull off such predictions?
    His predictions will only be believable if he's revealed to posses clairvoyance later on(Come on. He predicted the minute he'd stand behind the MC after escaping the captivity and crashing an entire ship into the space station?). And his physical abilities will only make sense if he's revealed to be a)genetically engineered superhuman or b)a cyborg. There is exaggeration and then there is exaggeration that makes you smirk. ;P

15+ Year Old Account
    Caine hit the nail on the head. Lelouch's predictions were grounded in reality (well, those "predict how the conversation will go" ones are kinda unrealistic), while L-Elf might as well be a physic.

Besides that (and L-Elf's crazy physical abilities), Lelouch had an actual personality, whereas L-Elf has none. Granted, it is only the 4th episode and I'm sure we will get some backstory on L-Elf, but the most we saw from Lelouch this early was some lucky guesses where enemies would be. Throwing a character at us that can predict the future and do physically impossible stunts while expecting us to take it seriously is just stupid.

Oh damn man. I just finished watching the newer Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and I have no words for the gar legendaryness that Jojo is.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Got my Saya no Uta copy today, and volume 8 of Spice and Wolf yesterday! Woo

^ This is what it comes down to. I'm still watching it because it's somewhat entertaining, but I think it's pretty bad overall. First vampire mecha show I've ever seen!

Lelouch's plans were over the top on occasion, but nowhere near to this extent, as others have pointed out. Valvrave does feel like a poorly executed Code Geass, though. I'll keep watching it just because it's so ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Marathoned Ano Hana, my god that was sad and beautiful. Damn Clannad and Angel Beats vibes from it.
    Love that soundtrack too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVLkuK34zSI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDaTr2Uce9I
    Have you seen ano natsu de matteru? It's pretty good imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hhUwghv_cJw

Ending is awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCEV4Ffy6WQ&hd=1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Marathoned Ano Hana, my god that was sad and beautiful. Damn Clannad and Angel Beats vibes from it.
    Love that soundtrack too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVLkuK34zSI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDaTr2Uce9I
    The OP is so amazing. When I first heard it I couldn't stop listening to it.

Koi to Senkyo OVA - I love this show. I know it had some faults, but it was such a fun show to watch and I forgot how fun it was and how great the character designs are. A really fun episode though, had a smile the entire time I was watching it.

Leviathan - I'm happy I decided not to drop this. It's just such a fun and innocent watch, with a touch of fan service.

Crime Edge - Holy shit why is she so adorable with her hair cut short in that style. She's so short and has such an adorable voice too.

Red Data Girl - Show is still pretty slow but the drunk scene was awesome. At least we are getting hints of a rivalry between different factions in the school, kinda like Koi to Senkyo except with magic.

Yahari Ore - No matter what show I watch, a properly detailed bar is the most amazing thing to see in anime.

My Ro-Kyu-Bu! artbook arrived! Woo.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-05-09 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I bought School Days VN... I'll try to avoid the bad end..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorozuya View Post
    Well I bought School Days VN... I'll try to avoid the bad end..
    To the guide!
    Also isn't all the endings like... bad in a way except for one of em?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    To the guide!
    Also isn't all the endings like... bad in a way except for one of em?
    There are fifteen good endings where the main character ends up with one of the obtainable heroines in the game.
    I'll find out how good they are.

Deleted
    Haha the new hataraku maou sama.. so funny

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Haha the new hataraku maou sama.. so funny
    Hataraku Maou-sama! still funny! In other news: water still wet, fire still hot. ^.^

Deleted
    Hataraku Maou-sama! still funny! In other news: water still wet, fire still hot. ^.^
    Sometimes you have to state the obvious to make people realize art.

Tunguska event + Date A Live story = answer to what happened

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    Tunguska event + Date A Live story = answer to what happened
    Great explanation.. we'll send that on to the scientists!

15+ Year Old Account
    Devil Survivor 06 - Glad I stuck with the series. It still has plenty of cliches, but it is much more enjoyable now.

Crime Edge 06 - Wow. Never knew a pair of scissors could be so damn deadly. Rulebook guy is pretty cool. Liking this series alot more than I originally did, though I'm not a big fan of series that have a bunch of villains that we are supposed to sympathize with as soon as we hear their backstory. If the backstory is at least done well, I'm okay with it, but sometimes it feels like it is just thrown in there to quickly attempt to make them sympathetic before they become irrelevant. Frankly, I'm not sure how not getting a part in a play would affect you THAT badly. Still enjoyable, nonetheless.

Maou-Sama 06 - Hilarious as usual. I guess the girl from the other world has came to Earth... I wonder what her plan is. Still hoping for Maou x Emi end, but seeing how much Chiho shows up, it doesn't look like it will end up happening.