10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/15605/Brothers_Conflict
    Apparently the only sub group so far has horrible font and color as well as a shitty watermark.
    Oh, I didn't bother cause it looked unappealing and no good groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/15605/Brothers_Conflict
    Apparently the only sub group so far has horrible font and color as well as a shitty watermark.
    hardsubbed? if not it can be removed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    hardsubbed? if not it can be removed
    Implying I can understand moonspeak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Implying I can understand moonspeak.
    Hardsubs means the subtitles are encoded into the video, rather than being played as a layer on top of the video which is called softsubs Hardsubs can't be removed very easily, and they're especially annoying if there's also a watermark encoded into the video, which makes it even harder to get it away without affecting the quality :/

I've done some typesetting and quality checking work for fansubs before, and I sometimes change the subs on shows where they use a shitty font for my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Hardsubs means the subtitles are encoded into the video, rather than being played as a layer on top of the video which is called softsubs Hardsubs can't be removed very easily, and they're especially annoying if there's also a watermark encoded into the video, which makes it even harder to get it away without affecting the quality :/

I've done some typesetting and quality checking work for fansubs before, and I sometimes change the subs on shows where they use a shitty font for my eyes.
    Let me rephrase.

Implying I know how to change styling.

Also swimmingbros is subbed. Time for perfection.

15+ Year Old Account
    Free! 02 - The teacher is the best character. Though Rin is seriously annoying. The constant cuts to him being a little baby by himself was frustrating. Not sure who in the people in the picture he was looking at even were.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-07-10 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted
    Just cleared the last two episodes of Zettai Bouei Leviathan from my backlog. While not one of the powerful series of this season, it def. provided constant eritainment (just lovin' KitaEri's voice). Final Vote: 7/10, waiting for S2

Tamayura's the best. Lots of big stupid smiles while watching this.

So far from the new season I've checked out Servant x Service (very entertaining), Monogatari Series (short hair no glasses bedhead PJ wearing Hanekawa is best Hanekawa) and Uchouten Kazoku (very fun, and interesting, with super unique animation).

Rozen Maiden still hasn't sucked me in quite yet, 2 episodes left in the first season.

1 - Gargantia
    2 - Hataraku
    3 - Yahari
    4 - Hentai Ouji

Not listing Railgun cause I'm a fanatic about it (as you can see by my weekly posts) so I'd just end up putting it in 1st even though Gargantia deserves that spot.

Honorable mentions to Chihayafuru too, I'd probably put that up under Railgun.
    I somehow forgot to add Gargantia to my list. So actually it's more like:

#1 Ore Imo
    #2 Gargantia/Yahari
    #3 Hataraku Maou-sama
    #4 Railgun/Hentai Ouji
    #5 Titan

10+ Year Old Account
    Free - So good. This show is so not fujoshi, too much girl in it to be fujoshi.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just started watching Serial Experiments Lain... honestly not sure what is even happening. Really weird.

I'd say my top 5 of last season were

1. Valvrave
    2. Maou-sama
    3. Railgun S
    4. Henneko/OreImo
    5. SnK/Gargantia
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-07-10 at 11:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    Tamayura's the best. Lots of big stupid smiles while watching this.

So far from the new season I've checked out Servant x Service (very entertaining), Monogatari Series (short hair no glasses bedhead PJ wearing Hanekawa is best Hanekawa) and Uchouten Kazoku (very fun, and interesting, with super unique animation).

Rozen Maiden still hasn't sucked me in quite yet, 2 episodes left in the first season.
    Might not be a show for you, but if it doesn't by mid season 2 its defo not for you :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Just started watching Serial Experiments Lain... honestly not sure what is even happening. Really weird.
    A friend of mine had it pretty bad: somebody gave him the files for the series, but they were mislabeled. So on top of the designed weirdness of the show, he was watching it out of order which turned it into a complete psilocybin mushroom trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    A friend of mine had it pretty bad: somebody gave him the files for the series, but they were mislabeled. So on top of the designed weirdness of the show, he was watching it out of order which turned it into a complete psilocybin mushroom trip.
    I really loved Lain, maybe it's just because it was my gateway anime... I didn't understand half of it, but all the theories that people have about it are pretty fun. Watching them out of order would be crazy, and I could see it being hard to tell that they're out of order... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    oh all these rozen maiden pictures sooo kawaii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QB5Odqo.jpg[IMG]
    Das pretty good for being made in paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    I really loved Lain, maybe it's just because it was my gateway anime... I didn't understand half of it, but all the theories that people have about it are pretty fun. Watching them out of order would be crazy, and I could see it being hard to tell that they're out of order... lol
    I had a tirade about Lain when I watched it, and ended up deleting it because it was a monstrously long post. I've settled on feeling that the series wasn't bad, but in the end its style obfuscated more than it enlightened.

The style of a show can really help to support the ideas or feelings, and are truly integral for a good series. In Lain's case as a psychological show, the disjointed scenes reflect a sort of disconnect in the human thought experience. Furthermore, its highly surreal atmosphere hammers home the unreality of reality. Then of course there's just the basic fact that if you give people a psychological jolt it helps bounce them out of their everyday routine and may make them more open to different ideas. To that extent I can appreciate that Lain performs these functions well (strange observation: Lain's lack of music makes it seem less real, yet of course we don't have background music in real life, yet somehow making a show more like reality makes it feel less real).

But at the same time, there is such a thing as taking an approach to the extreme where it's no longer beneficial. Lain strayed into that area for me, where it became difficult to even tell what is occurring, in what order, or why. Maybe it's because I reject the idea that art can just be form and experience but lack substance but I found myself somewhat hostile to the series as a whole. However, I dislike simply throwing things out because of those impressions, especially if there exists the possibility I missed something. Perhaps it's simply not a series for me, in that some of the aforementioned strengths count for more with different people at different times in their lives or experience.

Whatever the case, it's one of those that I've spent far too much time trying to understand why people like it and how it fits into things without coming to a conclusion.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2013-07-11 at 07:17 AM.

Das pretty good for being made in paint.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ari-2nd-season

More Monogatari than originally planned. Now we have this season (two cours) to look forward to that will animate five of the novels, Hanamonogatari which will be shown separately afterwards, then the season that animates the final three novels, plus Kizumonogatari movie.

in the new fairy tail chapter they say that they started their works on the anime again ;X so maybe next season or season after that we get continuation yeah ;X

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL