10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelly View Post
    Wasn't EveTaku that referred to Levi as "Lance General" and called titans something funny?
    I don't think it was EveTaku, but the word was Eoten. Technically Eoten is the word that should have been used from the beginning, but Titan flowed better even though it didn't match as well.

Titan:
    1. Greek Mythology One of a family of giants, the children of Uranus and Gaea, who sought to rule heaven and were overthrown and supplanted by the family of Zeus.
    2. titan One of prodigious size, strength, or achievement: "the twin titans of the beverage industry" (David Barboza).
    3. A satellite of Saturn.

Titan is more referred to as a celestial being of great importance that creates and rules.

eoten m
    giant, monster

Something more devious and destructive.

Which is what they are in SnK.

進撃の巨人 known as Shingeki no Kyojin in romanji directly translates to "Advancing Giants" or even more literally "Advance/Charge on Giant/Great Man". Shingeki for Advance or Charge and Kyojin for Giant or Great Man. Giants were known as Eoten in Proto-Germanic.

Titan comes from Greek Mythology. You could also say Eoten makes more sense because the setting is far more Germanic than Greek. Not greek at all really and almost fully germanic.

tl;dr - cause you care and i'm bored I guess
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-10-10 at 08:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure it's Commie that used Eoten, not EveTaku (EveTaku might have done it too, though).

Anyway, it doesn't even matter if Eoten is better than Titan. They are officially called 'titans'. The problem is that Commie somehow thought their way of doing it was better. During one of the eye catches it even says the word 'titan', but Commie edited it so it would say Eoten. They eventually succumbed and started using Titan but the fact that they were so damn stubborn about it is the reason why they got so much hate.

Deleted
    I love EveTaku best since I saw firsthand how they did their research for AKB0048 subs (being der Fuehrer of an AKB48 fanchannel has it's merits^^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's Commie that used Eoten, not EveTaku (EveTaku might have done it too, though).

Anyway, it doesn't even matter if Eoten is better than Titan. They are officially called 'titans'. The problem is that Commie somehow thought their way of doing it was better. During one of the eye catches it even says the word 'titan', but Commie edited it so it would say Eoten. They eventually succumbed and started using Titan but the fact that they were so damn stubborn about it is the reason why they got so much hate.
    Actually no. In America they are officially Titans cause that is what CR or whatever other company chose to do. The American market is so small that Japan doesn't really give a shit about it except for Trigger. The official word is Kyojin which doesn't mean Titan at all.

By eye catch do you mean an English translated word? Cause that's something that CR would do. The raw wouldn't have Titan in it anywhere.

tl;dr - Titan is a word created/used by the American subbers because it sounded better.

This could also all be changed by just saying "Shingeki no Kyojin" and being our true autistic weeaboo selves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    I love EveTaku best since I saw firsthand how they did their research for AKB0048 subs (being der Fuehrer of an AKB48 fanchannel has it's merits^^)
    AKB0048 is the reason I love EveTaku so much. Too bad they're pretty much dead along with soon to be UTW.

Seitokai Yakuindomo Gets Second Season.

Time to see first season of animal mass producing.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-10-10 at 08:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Titan:
    1. Greek Mythology One of a family of giants, the children of Uranus and Gaea, who sought to rule heaven and were overthrown and supplanted by the family of Zeus.
    2. titan One of prodigious size, strength, or achievement: "the twin titans of the beverage industry" (David Barboza).
    3. A satellite of Saturn.

Titan is more referred to as a celestial being of great importance that creates and rules.

eoten m
    giant, monster

Something more devious and destructive.

Which is what they are in SnK.

進撃の巨人 known as Shingeki no Kyojin in romanji directly translates to "Advancing Giants" or even more literally "Advance/Charge on Giant/Great Man". Shingeki for Advance or Charge and Kyojin for Giant or Great Man. Giants were known as Eoten in Proto-Germanic.

Titan comes from Greek Mythology. You could also say Eoten makes more sense because the setting is far more Germanic than Greek. Not greek at all really and almost fully germanic.

tl;dr - cause you care and i'm bored I guess
    Ah, that's a pretty logical explanation, didn't know that.
    I guess Eoten/a/ makes more sense then.

I still don't get where "Lance General" came from though.

I didn't expect that, but it is still good news. It is still one of my favorite comedy shows.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually no. In America they are officially Titans cause that is what CR or whatever other company chose to do. The American market is so small that Japan doesn't really give a shit about it except for Trigger. The official word is Kyojin which doesn't mean Titan at all.

By eye catch do you mean an English translated word? Cause that's something that CR would do. The raw wouldn't have Titan in it anywhere.

tl;dr - Titan is a word created/used by the American subbers because it sounded better.

This could also all be changed by just saying "Shingeki no Kyojin" and being our true autistic weeaboo selves.
    Eye catch as in the things before/after commercials. SnK eye catches are those info dumps. In one of the eye catches it gives information about the sizes of the titans, and it has the word "titan" in the RAW. Commie edited it to put Eoten, despite the fact that the creators themselves put Titan there. So yes, in the raw it had the word Titan.

And "Attack on Titan" is even printed on the Japanese cover of the manga. There is no trying to argue against it; officially the manga is "Attack on Titan". It doesn't even matter what the best translation is.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-10-10 at 08:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eye catch as in the things before/after commercials. SnK eye catches are those info dumps. In one of the eye catches it gives information about the sizes of the titans, and it has the word "titan" in the RAW. Commie edited it to put Eoten, despite the fact that the creators themselves put Titan there. So yes, in the raw it had the word Titan.

And "Attack on Titan" is even printed on the Japanese cover of the manga. There is no trying to argue against it; officially the manga is "Attack on Titan". It doesn't even matter what the best translation is.
    Implying Japanese can Engrish.

Deleted
    Galilei Donna...

TOTALLY not what I expected, but I like it. The girls are damn cute (Loving Hozuki and Kazuki <3) and the action seems nice.

But I disagree with the baddie about having no weaknesses - liking your own voice this much is def. a weakness, but not uncommon among villains.
    And his sense of style is def a weakness, too seriously, that color scheme for the airship? Flying Goldfish >>>>>>> that ugly thing

Also, I feel serviced: http://i.imgur.com/75fioAj.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc30052307fd; 2013-10-10 at 09:11 PM.

Holy shit, Gargantia got a second season and now Seitokai is, too? So awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gargantia second season.

Gargantia second season.

Gargantia second season.

Gargantia second season.

This is the best news I've heard in a while. This definitely needed a second season, and I thought it never would get one from how quiet they were after it ended and how the show hid in the shadows, at least for America. This is brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Gargantia was amazing.
    I...I don't know what to say....I mean it ended so well...Yet...Maybe we'll see the space farers return....I dunno but SWEET!

- - - Updated - - -

I said I would take them over CR, never said they were the best.

Best are UTW, EveTaku, FFF, Doki and Vivid.
    Personally I miss Eclipse....

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Crunchyroll is terrible at subbing. Their translations are mediocre and their sentence structure hurts the eyes.

I
    If you know enough Japanese to think that their translations are mediocre, why do you even care that they sub most the shows?
    Its not like you need subs with so much knowledge of the Japanese language.

Golden Time... BEST tea club EVER

So.. gona go offtopic here. Just got professor Layton The miracle mask to keep me busy til X and Y and this game is nowhere near as easy as i thought it would be. That first puzzle had me confused forever. Felt like i needed kaito and gamons help xD
    Last edited by Swisted; 2013-10-10 at 10:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loli ninja eating pizza View Post
    Because they are getting paid for it despite other fansub groups doing a better job for free?
    There's a limit to quality expectations when you consider those are fastsubs. Sure, some do it better, but it also takes time - much longer than what you have to wait for Crunchyroll or one of their rips.

If you can't handle Crunchyroll-quality no matter what, wait for BD release of those shows - those almost always end up being fansubbed by some quality group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    If you know enough Japanese to think that their translations are mediocre, why do you even care that they sub most the shows?
    Its not like you need subs with so much knowledge of the Japanese language.
    They're a terrible company and they're destroying fansubbing.

And they sound robotic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    There's a limit to quality expectations when you consider those are fastsubs. Sure, some do it better, but it also takes time - much longer than what you have to wait for Crunchyroll or one of their rips.

If you can't handle Crunchyroll-quality no matter what, wait for BD release of those shows - those almost always end up being fansubbed by some quality group.
    I'm fine with watching CR, I just hate them as a company, reason I am not subbed to them. I'd take any group over them in the blink of an eye though.

Deleted
    That's strange. Just looked at the AniDB page of Lucky Star and the character pictures look like they came straight out of Minami-Ke!

That's promising since I love all versions of Minami-Ke. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT:

Hmm, on second thought, it says there is heavy references to other anime, including obscure ones, to the point of no point watching if you don't know them. Well, that's a huge turn off. Pretty much the only type of anime I dont like (other than musicals) is self-referencing genre otaku parody type anime.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-10-11 at 01:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loli ninja eating pizza View Post
    Because they are getting paid for it despite other fansub groups doing a better job for free?
    They also provide a quality streaming service, sometimes sub obscure shows that would have never even been picked up by fansub groups, and are almost always faster than other fansub groups too. So it's not like they are just getting paid to put out shitty subs.

Comparing the quality of their subs and saying "well they don't deserve money" is just retarded, because you aren't subscribing just to use their subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    quality streaming

hehehehehe

Meh, I like Horriblesubs. They aren't bad and they're usually way quicker to release than other sub groups.