I love ruri :3

10+ Year Old Account
    tell me about it ^.^

So is there a legal place to check out Kyousou Giga or am I just out of luck for now?

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    So is there a legal place to check out Kyousou Giga or am I just out of luck for now?
    Not that I'm aware of. Why not just download it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. Why not just download it?
    I've just decided that I don't feel good any more illegally downloading/streaming anime, and have been sticking to Funimation/Hulu/Crunchyroll for my needs. I was actually really surprised at just how many series were just out there for free now, which nullified a lot of my previous rationalizations.

I've just decided that I don't feel good any more illegally downloading/streaming anime, and have been sticking to Funimation/Hulu/Crunchyroll for my needs. I was actually really surprised at just how many series were just out there for free now, which nullified a lot of my previous rationalizations.

And as a result now you can't watch Kyousou. Look where morals got you lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex View Post
    Best scene ever of her although there are plenty more. Plan to get another fig of her in her swimming suit!
    Wish i ahd that...I got a Prince of Darkness fig of her recently....I wish it was the series version...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Nadesico is one of my favourite animues :3

how many people actually recognize your avatar and sig?
    Mine too....I EVEN HAD THE MAGNET WITH THE SHIPD SYMBOL TILL MY FORMER ROOMMATE DESTROYED IT!!!!

Ironically THAT got her on my shit list when even invading my space(as in drunkenly coming into my room and demanding i do stuff with her and so on basically super sleazy drunk...) doesn't.....
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2013-10-21 at 11:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Wish i ahd that...I got a Prince of Darkness fig of her recently....I wish it was the series version...
    My fig of her is from PoD and I love it she is beautiful in the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to be both moral and rational, sub to the streaming website, watch what you can on there, and anything not on there is free game because there is no other way to get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    The author of Log Horizon actually posted multiple times in an /a/ thread today answering a couple questions people had, and clearing some stuff up. That's pretty damn cool.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-10-21 at 10:45 PM.

Like the orignal just a bit more than ruri version

Just fyi, Code Geass Boukoku no Akito #2 IS FINALLY in the translation hopper... SO excited!
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys I am looking for an anime that is Romance with a slight serious tone to it kind of like Sukitte Ii na yo. I don't care if it's yuri or yaoi or "Normal" as long as it's good.

Baccano! - 8.5/10

So, after having all this concern going into Mirai Nikki concerning graphic content I go and watch Baccano!, which is far more violent. Go figure.

Overall though I thought the series was quite good. As the first episode comments, this isn't quite a single story so much as a series of events that involve the intersecting of many characters. What I appreciated in particular was that it didn't have a "twist." Nowadays I think that trying to be surprising at the end of a series is overdone (spoiler: Bruce Willis is actually dead), which in turn becomes a substitute for solid characterization and plot resolution. It's kind of the new deus ex machina (not to be confused with the character).

In Baccano! they do the opposite: they show you what happens by the end of the series, but then step back and go through how things actually get there. For example, we know Dallas Genoard is missing and that there are people after him (this isn't a spoiler; they state it in the first episode). But whether he's dead or alive, his whereabouts, and why people are after him are answered as the series progresses. There are several other lines like this that are all intertwined, and woven together made for an engaging plot that made me want to find out exactly what led up to the current day.

It also has a solid bit of humor, primarily linked to Isaac and Miria who are absolute nutters. They were just fun to watch. In my last comments on Mirai Nikki I was just complaining about how I felt the humor was misplaced with the content of that show, but Baccano! did it right. By putting the bulk of the humor onto them, it helped cue the watcher that it was okay to laugh and that we weren't about to be treated to some gristly sight. It kept it from being an emotional whiplash moving between scenes of varying levity.

There were also a few things that irritated me a bit, though. One was the kind of odd continuation of the super natural. The show sets it up that there are immortal alchemists in the world. Just a given of how things work in this show; that's fine, and it plays in with the whole plot. But then most of the way through the series they suddenly have Chane Laforet blocking bullets with her knives and an ex-circus act serial killer who is described as being able to do the physically impossible. Now if it had been introduced that there were other powers in the world then I could understand that, but to me it was a bit of a break from what was otherwise a fair attempt at realistic depiction of the American 1930s. But I don't want to harp on this too much; as I said it's more of an irritation than a profound flaw.

It was also a little weird at the end how they tried to make everybody sorta-maybe-kind of-good? The black suits leader dies and he's evil, but they try to have redeeming qualities in characters like Ladd and the Gandors who are absolutely violent thugs. Heck, there's even that thing with Vino and Chane at the end where they're sort of trying to redeem them through romance. I'm not sure if this is an attempt to humanize them for character depth or just a bit of shoddiness to the ending (it'd take quite a few patches to make Claire-the-psychotic-killer the kind of guy I'd want to live next door to).

But those few points aside, the series carried itself well and delivered on its premise and plot. It was short and sweet and cut out all the fat. I also didn't skip the intro once, because it was just so incredibly catchy. One of the better series I've seen in a while.

p.s. I normally don't notice these sorts of things as much, but I thought Ennis was quite cute. Speaking of which, they did an incredible job with Chane's expressions; she was more eloquent than most characters who can talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    only has 6 want to watch so far not as strong as this season;P but will be hard to top this one anyway

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex View Post
    Hey guys I am looking for an anime that is Romance with a slight serious tone to it kind of like Sukitte Ii na yo. I don't care if it's yuri or yaoi or "Normal" as long as it's good.
    Nana
    The Garden of Words
    Honey and Clover
    Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
    Voices of a Distant Star
    Natsuyuki Rendezvous
    Spice and Wolf (According to your MAL you haven't watched Spice and Wolf. This is a crime. Watch it. Now. Do not stop until you are finished.)
    Rec
    True Tears
    Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
    Aura: Maryuuinkouga Saigo no Tatakai
    Sasameki Koto
    Kimi ni Todoke
    Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
    Kokoro Connect
    Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl
    Aoi Hana
    Bokura ga Ita

Deleted
    Seems rather meh, only surprising thing is that it has Shoujo-Ai/Yuri

So far:
    Neppuu Kairiku Bushi Road
    Chuu2
    Those two incest animes(Or something along those lines)
    Sakura Trick
    Mahou Sensou
    Nisekoi.

Guess I'll just take it easy with this season so I have something to watch in the winter.

So far 8 I know I will watch and another 10 or so I will at least try. If nothing else, it should at least give me time to dig through my backlog.

i am really liking Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova for some reason hope it continues like that ;P

on a side note hemo and sesto if u need any of the original starter pokemon or the x/y ones i can give them to u ;P got all from friend safari's ^^

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL