Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    OK ONE PIECE READERS I NEED TO TALK. Who do you guys think that was in the latest chapter. Reply in spoilers after quoting my post. I have no clue who it is at all. Zero clue. However im hoping it was Bon-chan
    I honestly had no idea either. I think the most popular theory I have seen is Sabo, Ace's and Luffy's adopted brother, which I actually agree with. The dialogue afterwards also support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    OK ONE PIECE READERS I NEED TO TALK. Who do you guys think that was in the latest chapter. Reply in spoilers after quoting my post. I have no clue who it is at all. Zero clue. However im hoping it was Bon-chan
    It's Sabo. We know this from the three sake cups that were shown in the end. One for Ace, one for Luffy, and one for Sabo. And then there's Luffy's reaction to the person and him saying he thought he was dead. He's also a revolutionary, and when Sabo supposedly died Dragon was visiting that Island. Hence Sabo.

Ended up rewatching Chuu2 instead of all those other shows I was considering lol. I'd been wanting to for a while and I figure with the second season coming out in a few weeks now was a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    It's Sabo. We know this from the three sake cups that were shown in the end. One for Ace, one for Luffy, and one for Sabo. And then there's Luffy's reaction to the person and him saying he thought he was dead. He's also a revolutionary, and when Sabo supposedly died Dragon was visiting that Island. Hence Sabo.

Ended up rewatching Chuu2 instead of all those other shows I was considering lol. I'd been wanting to for a while and I figure with the second season coming out in a few weeks now was a good time.
    I was the same way yesterday rewatched it as well to get a refresher since the second season is upon us soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone tell me the anime with a guy that has no regards for his friend sometimes, a guy with glasses and he is the kickass guy, and a girl to who has no brain, but still is a good loveable character, and the Ogre guy could of been a good addition to their group. :P

Wonder if Warcraft could do something like this for the Horde?
    For the Horde!

Continuing Texhnolyze thoughts:

I can't remember if I said this in the first post/analysis, but I felt like I was trying to figure out the key to unlock an understanding of Texhnolyze. I ended up giving it a "meh" rating for not feeling cohesive enough, but I recognized that it strongly reminded me of existential literature. Doing some further research I've come to appreciate the series much more.

As a quick philosophical primer, the main face of 20th century existentialism is Sarte. His version of existentialism is that man has no inherent nature and is "doomed to be free." There is also no external source of morals or values; man and his decisions are those that create any transient meaning. The other defining feature of his vision was a profound sense of alienation of man. There is no God and man doesn't really belong in nature. He is also fundamentally alienated from himself and others, leaving us all to wander in this chaos until we meet our common fate of death. While some of these details have been proven wrong (man most certainly does have a nature; science can attest to this) the intellectual aftershocks can still be felt.

Anyway, what this has to do with Texhnolyze. The series encapsulates this vision of existentialism, being a parade of ideologies that in the end all fail:

1) You have the people of Gabe with their oracle who are the old religious vision where they rely upon the unquestioned authority of an omniscient being. This collapses to pure fatalism and mindless obedience, even in the face of change and their own demise. It's also telling that the old father of the Organo, the one Onishi looks up to, eventually seeks shelter there for his own morals.

2) There's Yoshii who emphasizes life as vital activity and energy, and in a twisted way thinks he's doing the people of Lux a favor by creating so much havoc. Also he's just bored, and without any reference to outside values why should he care that he's creating suffering as long as he's feeling energized? But then he dies, and that's about as not-vital as it gets.

3) The people above ground are...nothing. They're alive. That's it. They live just for the sake of it but even then are just dying out steadily because that's not enough. Humans can't just be cows in the field.

I made mention in my original critique that perhaps they were a metaphor of heaven. I think it's more accurate to say that along with the decrepitness of the Class (a.k.a. the people on the hill) they're a statement that there really is no better place. Lux is what this world has to offer and there's nowhere else that we are really needed or belong. When "Doc" finds this out she commits suicide and Shinji (the leader of the Racan) comes unhinged and murders any of the Class that he can find.

4) Kimata (the leader of the anti-Texhnolyze Alliance) is a dose of romanticism. Natural man is best. His essence should be untainted by other sources. They just get torn apart in the face of those who have adopted technology to the extreme, namely the Shapes.

5) Next there's Kano, the guy who creates all the Shapes (the super-texhnolyzed humans) and essentially destroys Lux. In a sense he's just the old might makes right character. He is Nietzsche's oberman: the one who sets the values through the force of his own personality and will. And in some sense he does win, or at least kills everybody and leaves his followers stuck in place for eternity. He also tries to incorporate Ran into his whole plan, which has the distinct whiff of Nazis wearing buckles saying "God is with us." But nothing really comes of it in the end. He takes over everything and then Ichise just punches his head off as violence is reciprocated with more violence. Close scene.

6) Finally there is Onishi. Unlike the others he doesn't have an ideology so much as principles, which is what draws Ichise and others to him. As his many antagonists keep noting he's the one that's holding Lux together even as they try to tear it apart. He hears the voice of the city, a.k.a. Ran, a.k.a. God and what remains of religious values while not actually being religious. He is able to maintain his position in the face of all that happens, and unlike the others he doesn't have an ideology to be disproved. But in the end he is overwhelmed by the rising tide of violence; he might even be "right" but it doesn't matter. It's also significant that in a sense he's the truest believer of God and winds up being the one that kills her.

Having incorporated this understanding I can now appreciate the series for what it is. Ichise is the wandering soul, forcibly awakened from his mental slumber by the events in the first few episodes and now doomed to figure out what to do with his free will in a world where so many ideas are competing with one another. The final scene where he puts Ran/God to rest and then lies down with the vision of a flower next to him is ambiguous to me; I'm not sure if it's hopeful or just the final visions of the last true human. That might be the artistic purpose.

All this has also allowed me understand why I didn't like the series much despite it being well done: I almost universally reject the tenants of existentialism. So it wasn't a problem with the anime as much as a massive mismatch between myself and its message.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2013-12-11 at 07:26 PM.

I really don't know how I feel about episode 11 of KNK. I really don't know what they were trying to do really with this episode.

? i personally thought episode 11 was amazing of KnK and cant wait for the wrap up ^^

also Noukome strange episode and totally the wrong choice ;P he should have just choosen ouka ^^

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    also Noukome strange episode and totally the wrong choice ;P he should have just choosen ouka ^^
    You have a funny way of writing Yukihira
    Anyways, season 2 NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED GIEF NAO

Since it's that time of the year may as well post of seasonal stuff.

Personally, I'd ring Dio's jingle bells any day.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

10+ Year Old Account
    Kyousou - Ahahahahhaha. So he's god. And she's god's daughter. Well then. Last episode next week, I hope it's going to be excitement and not boring happy conclusion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kyoukai no Kanata - A decent episode, but one thing in particular ticked me off. When the villain dude was just talking to himself by his car explaining what was happening... what the fuck was that? That is some horrible writing. A character shouldn't talk to himself in the first place, let alone just randomly explain what is happening so the viewers will understand. That entire scene was retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Kyoukai no Kanata - A decent episode, but one thing in particular ticked me off. When the villain dude was just talking to himself by his car explaining what was happening... what the fuck was that? That is some horrible writing. A character shouldn't talk to himself in the first place, let alone just randomly explain what is happening so the viewers will understand. That entire scene was retarded.
    Ya some of those things ticked me off as well. The thing he had though was something he stole before in a earlier episode. That the Nase family had hidden that he got a hold of.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Ya some of those things ticked me off as well. The thing he had though was something he stole before in a earlier episode. That the Nase family had hidden that he got a hold of.
    Yeah I knew what the thing was, the 'what the fuck was that' was just me expressing how stupid the scene was.

Yeah I knew what the thing was, the 'what the fuck was that' was just me expressing how stupid the scene was.
    Ya that was my issue with the episode too as well some things were off and pandering way to much on fanservice to pull it through. What were they thinking with that episode.

15+ Year Old Account
    NouCome - Status quo ending... fuck. Well, it can't be helped. Now time to pray for the season 2 that will never come.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm re-watching oreshura with my RL friend after watching + reading all of jojo's (he watched only). Knowing her references is so much better >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Some scenes like that can actually be my favorite scenes if it's done correctly with the right character and pacing.

Tokyo Ravens - I haven't enjoyed an episode of anime this much in a while. That was great.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-12-12 at 04:58 AM.

At last, my new 3 tb external is here. Time to provide some much needed relief to my other full hdd's and commence my anime downloading once again.

Deleted
    Galilei Donna. Anime tought me that galileo galilei was actually an incesteriffic lolicon. I approve *thumbs up*

Deleted
    Valvrave: Ha! I finally managed to guess right! He did free Rukino. :3