Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Still surprised there are only 8 posts mentioning Code Geass in this thread.

Out of the 10-15 anime that I've seen, I've noticed a pattern. Their endings were absolutely horrible. I don't just mean bad, I mean they were a special kind of awful. It's like Anime writers do not understand how to end a series. Ending a series in the middle of somebody jumping IS NOT AN ENDING. I'm looking at you Air Gear.

I won't say much to avoid spoiling it, but I will say this: Code Geass's ending was near perfect. I loved almost every second of the show (it did have its flaws in a few specific episodes... I think maybe 3-4 out of around 50), but the ending just made me burst out into tears (of sadness or happiness, I won't say), and I think I watched it maybe 20 or 30 times? I had it on loop at one point.
    I COMPLETELY agree with you on Air Gear! It was SUCH a bad ending. I had watched the anime series before reading the manga and it was so screwed up that I was left thinking "There's got to be a manga for this...or else I am screwed and that is the most awkward series ever." Thank goodness after looking it up on Wikipedia I found out there was indeed a manga and started from the beginning again. I can't believe they left it off only part way through the story. I'm assuming it's because they were going to do multiple seasons and lost the funding for it, but still...

Another really bad ending to a GREAT series (imo) was Kaze no Stigma.

***Spoiler!***

It ends with Ayano saving Kazuma and turning him back to normal and they save the city from destruction. Except Bernhardt and Lapis get away and are never defeated and the relationship between Ayano and Kazuma is never really revisited. The series and story just... abruptly ends. So much more could have been done!
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Harder than waiting for the K-On movie? =/

I've also been slacking off on watching anime for easily 2 years by now. I just haven't really gotten into it due to Naruto leaving a nasty mark. It eventually hit the point where I just said "Fuck it" and stopped watching most anime-related things.
    I enjoy K-ON! I'm not obsessed by it. With all of the anime's that I plan on watching this year I'll hardly notice that any time has passed by the time it's comes out.

....now waiting on Chinka on the other hand is a whole different story.

http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/25524/Chinka.html

From an April Fools joke to a full anime! I can't wait!

Note: My avatar is the protagonist from Chinka.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    I enjoy K-ON! I'm not obsessed by it. With all of the anime's that I plan on watching this year I'll hardly notice that any time has passed by the time it's comes out.

....now waiting on Chinka on the other hand is a whole different story.

http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/25524/Chinka.html
    [video=youtube;VqjxmFZC-5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqjxmFZC-5Y[video]

From an April Fools joke to a full anime! I can't wait!

Note: My avatar is the protagonist from Chinka.
    So it's an anime about firefighting teenagers?

As for K-On, I'm almost going insane from the wait. I'm just hoping they'll have a concert which doesn't involve Fuwa Fuwa, Hotch-kiss or Fudu Pen.

Just a few I haven't seen mentioned...

Buso Renkin: Bit of an action/comedy only watched through the 26 or so episodes once but it's one I'd watch again.

.Hack//Roots: Anyone who enjoyed GU should watch this.

Shadow Skill A rather old one but extremely good action/comedy.

Birdy the Mighty OVA: This is an interesting one it's another rather old but it's another good action/comedy. One thing to note is the OVA is rather hard to find and to my knowledge was only recently released for retail in English.

Fate Stay Night: This is good action anime that was also a console game. Note there is the movie Unlimited Blade Works and the series both are rather different from one another in how the story progresses but both are really good.

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: This one is a bit perverted but extremely funny and also has a pretty good amount of action thrown in.

Trinity Blood: I'm sure this one was already mentioned but I wanted to throw it back out there because I really enjoyed this one.

Last of all are Needless this one is a bit perverted at times but is really good comedy and I would advise everyone to give it a chance and Hellsing Ultimate as I'm sure most of you have seen the series so I don't have to say anything about this but Ultimate is a really good take on the series though they currently only have seven episodes out.

Just started watching Black Rock Shooter.....

It's freaking epic!

hmmm, i found something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    hmmm, i found something
    I completely agree with you on that one..

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    hmmm, i found something
    I liked Spice and Wolf. Hoping for season 3. ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Spice and Wolf. Hoping for season 3. ^.^
    I completely agree with 'ya!
    Holo <3!
    Lawrence as well! <3

15+ Year Old Account

It's freaking epic!

Is this accurate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senedra View Post
    argh threads been updated while i was ahem banned, soo many anime listed i havent watched yet T_T
    wb^^

Quote Originally Posted by Chaiko View Post
    You've got quite a nice list.
    thanks You mentioned Code Geass in the Lucky Star references, but I'm surprised this isn't on your list.[/QUOTE]
    i mentioned it because i read it's one that got referenced. it's not on my list because i didn't watch it.
    but i get told to do so frequently^^ i will probably some time, but right now i have too many others to watch and don't really take my time to do so lately..

Quote Originally Posted by aveweto View Post
    have u seen the movie akira yet?
    nope, but it doesn't really look like it'd suit my taste.

now i know where Dollfie's avatar is from! :O
    (or at least it looks smiliar..)

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    I completely agree with you on that one..
    but it was AWESOME!!

Holo <3!
    Lawrence as well! <3
    <3

Holo <3!
    Lawrence as well! <3
    same, first anime that i've watched and liked in about 5+ years

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Try out Mobile Suit Gundam 00. It's basically Gundam Wing done even better (which I thought to be impossible).
    I agree with this. I don't particularly like mecha and this is still one of the best anime I've seen the past few years. Great story, characters, music and the action scenes are beautifully done.

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte View Post
    Is this accurate?
    Baaaaaaaaasicly thats like....half of it? Youll want to hear the song "Black Rock Shooter" by Miku, since the movie is basicly for the song (duh, titel).
    Personally i kind of liked it...but at the same time it wasnt too impressive.

Holo <3!
    Lawrence as well! <3
    It's Horo, not Holo. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte View Post
    Is this accurate?
    Umm, only if you weren't paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    now i know where Dollfie's avatar is from! :O
    (or at least it looks smiliar..)
    That's her. BRS <3

10+ Year Old Account
    That's her. BRS <3
    she certainly does look good, both in terms of looks and animation style, (and i found myself looking at that avatar for quite some time, a few days ago), but i can't really imagine the anime to be too serious, when the (or one of the) leading character(s) is a girl who fights in hotpants and bikini top :P

Watch Yosuga no Sora

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    she certainly does look good, both in terms of looks and animation style, (and i found myself looking at that avatar for quite some time, a few days ago), but i can't really imagine the anime to be too serious, when the (or one of the) leading character(s) is a girl who fights in hotpants and bikini top :P
    You musta have missed her huge gun that shoots 20 rounds per second. I forgive you though.

Her figma is just gorgeous though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her figma is just gorgeous though.
    never did i mean to say otherwise ;]

Deleted
    It's Horo, not Holo. >.<
    Actually it's both (or neither, depending on how you see it)