Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The -3% damage was completely OP compared to other tank specs, it had to be nerfed. The other effects of vigi are great, and is one of the things that make us a unique tank class. Lets face it, theres only so many moves you can construct for a class that just bashes things with weapons without using that pansy magic. Taunts and increased tps from Vengeance is win.

For everyone debunking, I suggest you get "Vengeance Status" addon. Watch the rate at which vengeace grows and falls, vigilance is a great buff and more valuable to me than any couple of points in a dps tree.

---------- Post added 2010-11-15 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mR BuLL SaX View Post
    Only thing that pisses me off about vigilance is that it only lasts 30mins and then I need to refresh it.

Would prefer it on an 1hour cd simply because refreshing it on my tanking buddy gets on my tits.
    It could have infinite duration, as long as the other guy is within range of you. But I don't see 30 mins as a problem as I will always refresh before a boss fight. Maybe you should petition for a minor glyph on the offical forums if you feel strongly about doubling the duration.
    Last edited by Mammoth; 2010-11-15 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    The -3% damage was completely OP compared to other tank specs, it had to be nerfed. The other effects of vigi are great, and is one of the things that make us a unique tank class. Lets face it, theres only so many moves you can construct for a class that just bashes things with weapons without using that pansy magic. Taunts and increased tps from Vengeance is win.

For everyone debunking, I suggest you get "Vengeance Status" addon. Watch the rate at which vengeace grows and falls, vigilance is a great buff and more valuable to me than any couple of points in a dps tree.

---------- Post added 2010-11-15 at 01:35 PM ----------

It could have infinite duration, as long as the other guy is within range of you. But I don't see 30 mins as a problem as I will always refresh before a boss fight. Maybe you should petition for a minor glyph on the offical forums if you feel strongly about doubling the duration.
    i dont consider it OP since it gives the 3% damage reduction to someone else... better than what the other tanks have for other people maybe, but not OP and certainly not gamebreaking. but i still agree with the rest of what you said... free taunt refresh (as long as the other guy is getting hit) and free vengeance... and with the addon you mentioned (which i downloaded as soon as the patch went live) i have anywhere from 98-100% vengeance uptime of 100% vengeance

but alas... the talent is still very lackluster in most 5 mans
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has been crap since it lost the ability to transfer threat. Sure the taunt Cd might be usefull, but the extra threat was always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by wicker View Post
    i used it in pvp/arena when i was running with a healer but always respeced/droped it 4 raids if ur doing ur job u dont need it

i mean yea it sucks but meh its always been a filler talent any ways
    It's still really good for tank switching fights as even if you are off-tanking you are still building up vengeance which helps you stay up on threat, sure you can do the job w/o it but there's really no other talents you could take in it's place.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    It has been crap since it lost the ability to transfer threat. Sure the taunt Cd might be usefull, but the extra threat was always nice.
    It still gives a ton of threat by allowing vengeance to stack faster. Actually I'd say you probably get more from the vengeance than from the 10% threat.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't know any tanks who ever used vigilance solely because it reduced the damage on someone. Only used it for the threat gen on the highest threat pullers. It is kind of silly what they have done =/

Quote Originally Posted by Igra View Post
    I honestly don't know any tanks who ever used vigilance solely because it reduced the damage on someone. Only used it for the threat gen on the highest threat pullers. It is kind of silly what they have done =/
    actually pre-patch thats what i did if there was another warrior tank with no prot pallies or disc priests around... of course this was a rare occasion, so most of the time i did end up putting it on the highest threat group member (who wasnt a tank)
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    You poor thing. Life must be so difficult for you.
    This. Why do you find a 30 min ability short? I suppose you aren't fond of using BS/CS/DS? 30min. is long for such a buff.

Vigilance has been remade to be a tauntrefresh/vengeance buildup talent. Although I liked old Vigilance a little more because it acted like a threatbuffer on your DPS, I don't think we will need that much extra threat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    This. Why do you find a 30 min ability short? I suppose you aren't fond of using BS/CS/DS? 30min. is long for such a buff.
    Haha - Talk about blowing a simple comment out of proportion