Thread: Paralysis...

Paralysis...

It's a little obnoxious that it's considered melee. I'm still only leveling and my crit is abysmal, but more often than not when my mb finally crits, the root gets parried.

._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't make any sense to me either that it's melee. Mind Blast is a magic spell that, guess what, blows your mind. It would seem logical to me that the Paralysis is an effect in your mind because of Mind Blast, that the link between your mind and muscles is "broken" for a few seconds. How something in your head can be melee remains a mystery to me.

Fun fact: imagine a Warrior trying to parry something in his head. Made me chuckle, guess because it's early in the morning.

It is a bug that paralysis can be parried and dodged also warriors can still charge while paralysis is active

I pretty much dropped this in my spec for now since Id rather not see the word DODGED when my mind blast crits on a mage....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeuwke View Post
    Fun fact: imagine a Warrior trying to parry something in his head. Made me chuckle, guess because it's early in the morning.
    Hm, I imagined a Warrior stabbing himself through the head to counter the exact paralysis point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Hm, I imagined a Warrior stabbing himself through the head to counter the exact paralysis point.
    So..... his entire head? Instant win and free honor!

Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, it counts as melee? That's weird. I always pictured it as a magic effect kind of like Improved Mind Blast's effect before all these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeuwke View Post
    Doesn't make any sense to me either that it's melee. Mind Blast is a magic spell that, guess what, blows your mind. It would seem logical to me that the Paralysis is an effect in your mind because of Mind Blast, that the link between your mind and muscles is "broken" for a few seconds. How something in your head can be melee remains a mystery to me.

This is exactly how I feel about it. I've been wondering why it was considered melee to begin with. Here's to hoping it's changed somehow but I doubt it will happen any time soon, if at all.

Deleted
    How in the hell would this be considered melee, what were they thinking?

Deleted
    if they removed "Paralysis and gave us the old "Blackout" talent back i'd be a happy Spriest hehe

I haven't specced shadow since the changes so forgive me for asking this, but is the talent dispellable ? If not, maybe that's why it's considered a melee effect (undispellable short root)

Bingo, you just hit the nail on the head I think kresnik. I tested in game and it appears it IS a physical debuff (whether or not that justifies it is melee effect is questionable though).

This is just a stab in the dark but maybe it is a physical debuff because unlike roots or ice trapping someone there is no spell actually preventing them from moving. It seems more of an "you hit me so hard I was totally stunned for a minute" sort of thing.

It's a very weak talent now, especially at level 85.

Originally the plan was to cast mind spike 3 times for an almost guaranteed Paralysis proc.

But now since Mind Spike removes any dots you have on the target, setting up 3 Mind Spikes just for a short root effect just seems downright pointless, and you are left to rely on random crits.

And crit is VERY low in Cataclysm.

So yeah, the talent is kind of stupid now.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

On the plus side, Psychic Horror 1 min cooldown glyphed !

And spriest .5 cast MD !

And... wait, was there anything else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Raise that Expertise, der. (lol)
    We're all just a bunch of nut-cases or people egging on nut-cases or people trying to rationalize with nut-cases or people accidentally trying to rationalize with eggers and we all decided for ourselves who each other are. I've returned to deciding that we're all just a bunch of nut-cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Visko View Post
    Raise that Expertise, der. (lol)
    Oye I just envisioned reforging gear to have expertise lol...

If only blizzard would listen to the ENTIRE priest pvp community on reverting MS back to its original form...

What the ENTIRE priest pvp community fails to realise is that that makes priests do too much damage, or Mind Spike would have to hit so weakly that it loses its role of bursting down things without using dots.

I don't think that making it deal extra threat is the way to solve anything, unless you really really want priests to be able to range-tank.

Of course, there are ways to fix it if you want the spell to be more usable when interrupted. There have been suggestions to make it simply hit less hard if the opponent is dotted for example, instead of removing the dots. That works, and it shouldn't be all that complicated to balance it to do less damage than Mind Flay with full dots.

Another way could be to keep it as it is now, but have a proc that makes it not remove dots for 6 seconds after you've been interrupted. That proc would almost have to reduce the damage from the spell too though, otherwise interrupting a shadow priest that has his dots up will make you take MORE damage than if you hadn't hit that kick button.

The bottomline is that if Mind Spike without dots deals damage anywhere near the damage of Mind Flay with dots - and that is a clear goal of the spell - then you can't just let people use dots plus Mind Spike without reducing its damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananan View Post
    The bottomline is that if Mind Spike without dots deals damage anywhere near the damage of Mind Flay with dots - and that is a clear goal of the spell - then you can't just let people use dots plus Mind Spike without reducing its damage.
    wrong. not MF with dots but MF +10% (if there was SWP on the target). it is a common mistake

I guess most people are just mad that other classes and specs get really unique pvp changes with a certain move and all we really get for PvP is Lifegrip...

Inner will, movement speed increase for the least mobile caster/healer in the game? pretty pointless and very situational.

MS? good for hard switches with Dark Archangel and thats about it. Most spriests wouldn't stop rolling dot damage + their teammates damage for some gimmicky burst (no one stacks mastery) for 3 secs. and a parryable 4 sec root...

Doesn't change the fact that i will never give up on mechanics and i love learning the best way to utilize them in arena.