Poll: Best Rogue Dps Spec in the clysm?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Best Rogue PvE Spec at 85?

hi. I wanna know, which spec is best for dps at lvl 85?

I've only played com so far on my rogue and i'm used to that, but will happily change to another spec if it sucks at 85

So, which one do you recommend to dps?

Well first don't abbreviate Combat to com. Second combat is doing really horribly at 85 and most people will have to change if Blizzard doesn't fix the spec before launch.

Assassination is getting a slight buff.
    Sub has good initial burst damage but is difficult to sustain making it good for pvp.
    Combat just needs the numbers completely overhauled.

Combat blows, Assassination by leaps and bounds
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

Sorry man. Assassination all the way. Combat sucks already because they focused to much on survivability, and not enough on damage output.
    Sub could work.. Only problem is that assassination puts out a lot more.
    Laugh people, laugh as I close the curtains.

until we see more, its looking like assassination, to echo the other people in this thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post
    until we see more, its looking like assassination, to echo the other people in this thread lol
    Nothing wrong with an echo :P. Also I don't see combat, ever working. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Monorobot View Post
    Nothing wrong with an echo :P. Also I don't see combat, ever working. Sorry.
    im sure ther eis a way to get it to work. your talking as a few players vs a entire development team with intricate knowledge of the numbers.

there is a way, even if they have to change things more substantially.

Deleted
    It would have made more sense if you had only included assassination in the poll, the other two are far behind

Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post
    im sure ther eis a way to get it to work. your talking as a few players vs a entire development team with intricate knowledge of the numbers.

there is a way, even if they have to change things more substantially.
    Now if the development team gets off their asses and fixes combat? Then yes it can become viable. Before the new live patch, combat and mutilate were on par, sub far behind. Now it's mutilate in the far lead. I have done my own research. I was an avid combat rogue, with daggers for pvp. However when the patch hit, i noticed my dps dramatically drop (a good 2000+ dps) and I know it wasn't me. When I switched to mutilate, not only was the rotation simpler, but the damage output overall was increased tenfold.
    I'd love it if they brought back combat into the world of pve raiding! I had 2 264 weapons outfitted for combat, and well socket-ed gems with a fully upgraded talent tree.
    But to continue progressing I had no choice but to switch to a 251 and 264 dagger.

However I do agree that maybe! After much number crunching and brain storming. Someone can find the correct itemization, forging, gems, and talents to make combat 'okay'. Until than I stand by my opinion that it is obsolete.

He asked about level 85, not live. On live, Mut is highest. However, since level 80 != level 85, it may not be accurate to say that Mut will stay the highest.

Unless everyone in this thread that said "Assassination" has a beta key and has done extensive testing off all three specs to determine which one is highest at 85, you should be patient and wait until the answer to your question is available on EJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    What's the point of playing an easy game? When did this huge subset of people come to video games, wanting not a challenge, but some kind of interactive facebook type thing with spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai View Post
    He asked about level 85, not live. On live, Mut is highest. However, since level 80 != level 85, it may not be accurate to say that Mut will stay the highest.

Unless everyone in this thread that said "Assassination" has a beta key and has done extensive testing off all three specs to determine which one is highest at 85, you should be patient and wait until the answer to your question is available on EJ.
    considering everyone who has spent significant time on beta has said assassination hands down, id say assassination wins.
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

Quote Originally Posted by Instinctz View Post
    considering everyone who has spent significant time on beta has said assassination hands down, id say assassination wins.
    I won't buy it until I see it with all the math and testing information on EJ. Sometimes people don't test things correctly and it causes the results to be skewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    What's the point of playing an easy game? When did this huge subset of people come to video games, wanting not a challenge, but some kind of interactive facebook type thing with spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai View Post
    I won't buy it until I see it with all the math and testing information on EJ. Sometimes people don't test things correctly and it causes the results to be skewed.
    seen the recounts from youtube of boss fights? yeah, combat blows nuts, assassination beats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monorobot View Post
    Now if the development team gets off their asses and fixes combat? Then yes it can become viable. Before the new live patch, combat and mutilate were on par, sub far behind. Now it's mutilate in the far lead. I have done my own research. I was an avid combat rogue, with daggers for pvp. However when the patch hit, i noticed my dps dramatically drop (a good 2000+ dps) and I know it wasn't me. When I switched to mutilate, not only was the rotation simpler, but the damage output overall was increased tenfold.
    I'd love it if they brought back combat into the world of pve raiding! I had 2 264 weapons outfitted for combat, and well socket-ed gems with a fully upgraded talent tree.
    But to continue progressing I had no choice but to switch to a 251 and 264 dagger.

However I do agree that maybe! After much number crunching and brain storming. Someone can find the correct itemization, forging, gems, and talents to make combat 'okay'. Until than I stand by my opinion that it is obsolete.
    tenfold is exageration, lets be honest here. that would be like if you managed 2k dps, now your doing 20k.

im not saying that its not currently obsolete. im saying getting in a hissy over it isnt gonna change anything. The best you can do is list your reasons as to why its not performing as it should (not suggesting new ideas, but pointing out what existing ideas in the tree needs changing, is broken, etc)

and again, blizzard said they recognize combats dps problems. Even if they do tweak it it might not be to what you desire if combats scaling is better then assassinations. it would mean that we would have to get farther in cata content, better gear, higher stats for it to be competitive again. same with any pure dps class really.

it looks like they tweaked combat a bit so it won't be QUITE as terrible. it will still be the broken, puny hillbilly cousin of assassination though until they do some serious reworking...or remove all 80+ dagger drops from the game.

before changes:
    combat: 7k dps
    assassin: 12k dps

after changes:
    combat: 9k dps

meh :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    it looks like they tweaked combat a bit so it won't be QUITE as terrible. it will still be the broken, puny hillbilly cousin of assassination though until they do some serious reworking...or remove all 80+ dagger drops from the game.

before changes:
    combat: 7k dps

after changes:
    combat: 9k dps

meh :/
    you know, im really not concerned with level 80 dps, whats it like at 85?

Deleted
    As things stand, Assassination > Subtlety > Combat. We can assume that it will stay this way during the first tier of raiding. After that, there will probably be some changes to Combat to bring it up to par with these two. Subtlety seems to be working alright, although its rotation is somewhat harder than Assassinations with less reward. But it's more fun in PvE, thus, the spec I will be using at 85.

However, on this poll, I will be voting Assassination. You asked for the best PvE spec, and I shall vote for it.

Methias

I have the beta and will test assassination.