Resto shamans at 85 and haste

Hi,

I know that haste won't be our primary stat in Cataclysm but I'd like to ask fellow 85 restos how do they feel playing with such a low haste (I've seen on s.shot 85 premade with ~5% haste) Most of our healing spells are cast-based (even holadins have more instant casts now ) we all remember that T8 and T10 were about lowering cast times and we all used to have ridiculous amount of haste = ultra fast heals. I can't imagine how it is on beta when you have to heal people and also run away from "sh it" when "MY 3-SEC HEALING WAVE IS ABOUT TO LAND JUST IN A SEC!"

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    You should never cast Healing Wave (or any other spell for that matter) w/o Tidal Waves buff

You just shouldn't.

Ever.

Never.

Especially since Riptide was buffed significantly, and now heals for same amount as Healing Wave, so whenever you feel like casting Healing Wave w/o Tidal Waves, move your finger to the key that Riptide is binded to

PS. Riptide really is great spell now. Not only has low mana cost (~2.1k mana at 85, which is ~200 more than Healing Wave), but it really heals for a lot (~5.5k on premade character), always procs IWS on crit and AA, gains benefit from both Focused Insight and UEElW and finally, from our mastery On top of that, a HoT comes with it, that also scales with haste and crit.

When i think about it, i believe that Riptide has highest HPM of all single target spells

haste won't be so hot imho, as you won't be spamming CH nearly as much as you can now, and if you want to up your throughput you can do it so easily for greater mana cost, so i would rather get some regen, at least for first tier of content