Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Start leveling 80-81

Hey guys, i have preordered cata online with the digital upgrade. And what i wanna do is sit my main down so when the servers come live i can go straight away.. all i want to know from you people who have been in beta is where should i log out b4 cata is released? where/how to start leveling?

Thanks guys

From what I've read...

Alliance: Stormwind
    Horde: Orgrimmar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

15+ Year Old Account
    Most likely will auto "race" hearth you, My druid was in Darn, my human was in SW.

Not saying it will be like that but chances are it something like that will happen.

But this is for the shattering, not Cata release, you dont need to log out or anything "before" cata is released, they just turn the switch "on"

For me I will be at the Tourny grounds to turn in all the dailies I have finished (an xp boost) than use the Bread Crumb quests and hit up Hyjal

Deleted
    Start off by setting your HS to SW or Org, depending on your faction. Then move to Blackrock Mountains, at the summoning stone to the Spire. Log out. At launch, log in, run towards the Spire entrance and discover the new instance, Blackrock Caverns. Hearthstone to city. Find Hero's Call Board. Accept quest for Vashj'ir or Mount Hyjal. Follow the scripted event. Start questing in either new zone...

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't, for example, start going to Vashj'ir by jumping in the water and swimming towards it. You go there by a quest you've been given.

Breadcrumb quests with pre-events starts in the capitol cities. Orgrimmar for horde and I suppose they went with Stormwind for Alliance. Just hang around the trade districts looking for exclamation points.

For that matter I don't recall the servers being down just before WoTLK content went active, at least not in the EU. Suddenly the zeppelins to Northrend started working, an hour or two before 0:00 AM realm (paris) time even.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Start off by setting your HS to SW or Org, depending on your faction. Then move to Blackrock Mountains, at the summoning stone to the Spire. Log out. At launch, log in, run towards the Spire entrance and discover the new instance, Blackrock Caverns.
    You can do this before Cata comes out so it is not needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a cup of coffee and an executive stress ball to squeeze as the anger rises from the inevitable disconnects we will all get trying to play from minute one.

If you are going to log out in SW or Org the night before launch, it would be highly recommendable to do it in a usually vacant part of the city. Inside a building not used much by anybody. That will give an edge in the others who will likely try to log in their characters from the Trade district.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

For me I will be at the Tourny grounds to turn in all the dailies I have finished (an xp boost) than use the Bread Crumb quests and hit up Hyjal
    You mean you will do the Tournament Daily quests before the actual Cata release and not turn them in until you log on when the expansion has launched? Will the quest stay in your log still?

If thats the case, I hadnt thought about that at all. Might just do that myself too. Considering you can get your quest log filled from daily q just from Icecrown by doing Tournament + "Boat" quests.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes they won't be removed, I did the same when Wrath came out and the Isle dailies.

Do you have to do the hero's board Hyjal quest to get the quest "As Hyjal Burns", or can you start right in Moonglade and pick it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Do you have to do the hero's board Hyjal quest to get the quest "As Hyjal Burns", or can you start right in Moonglade and pick it up?
    You can head straight to the Moonglade if you want. The Hero's Call quests are never mandatory from my understanding.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    It's a bit extra XP and you get teleported there, so really no point skipping it.

SW/Org is where the quests started on beta for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys gl in cata

Will we be able to buy flying right off the bat? Or will we have to wait until level 85? If we can buy it right off the bat who/where do we buy it from?

I figure priorities are like this:
    Turn in WOTLK quests if you have some
    Get flying
    Hit the profession trainers, especially if you have a gathering profession
    Get questing questing and more questing and dungeons

Deleted
    Flying at flight trainers in capital cities, Shattrath and Dalaran. Azeroth flying skill available at level 60, all old skills are the same level as now.

What was the average Cata quest exp? What is more than WOTLK quests? If so is it worth it to have completed quests then waste time flying around turning them in while you could be leveling in the expansion for more experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Rimuladas View Post
    What was the average Cata quest exp? What is more than WOTLK quests? If so is it worth it to have completed quests then waste time flying around turning them in while you could be leveling in the expansion for more experience?
    Hyjal Quest give you 27700 XP per
    The Icecrown Dailies give you 22050 XP

These values taken from wowheads Cata database

Stormwind. You get quests that lead to portals for each of the new zones.

15+ Year Old Account
    What you should do, Set your hearth to SW/Org

Grab EVERY daily in ICC and finish them BEFORE Cata comes out. DO NOT TURN THEM IN.

Before Launch, at around 11 hang around ICC, As soon as they "flip the switch" turn in all the dailes, hearth to Org/SW and Start questing in Hyjal, or w/e

Also I highly recommend when the Shattering hits, go discover the new instance in Blackrock Mtn, that way when you are leveling you can queue for it, without having to re-discover it.
    Last edited by Punks; 2010-11-17 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Spelling