Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by juhachi View Post
    Well sorry but maybe you have down syndrome like the other people you mentioned on the server and that's why you're still playing like a noob after almost 7 years.
    6 years.

Aside from that gotta agree that the argument of "I play since 2004" is really bad.

"I'm running the marathon since 1934. This should obviously mean that I'm better at it than any of you 20-year-olds."

Face it, OP. Just because you've been playing for almost 6 years doesn't mean that you're a good player. Maybe you were a good player 5 years ago, but didn't improve since then. [Which means that you are not a good player anymore. The game got more complex in general, people got more abilites, which means that what you were able to do 5 years ago is not sufficient anymore.]

And from what we've seen so far, we can easily deduce that you are past your prime. Reasons:
    - dispersion not keybinded[seriously? Oo It's one of your oh-shit-buttons]
    - trinket not keybinded
    - potions not keybinded
    - fear not on a keybind [not necessary for raiding, but if you play WoW in general, you should have it keybinded]
    - important keybinds in impossible places [DoTs on 8, 9 and 0? You either break your lefthand when pushing those, which means you won't be able to move out of stuff at the same time, or you use your right hand and are thus not able to use dispersion/potions/turn with your mouse.]
    - you do 8-10k dps as a caster

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonned View Post
    No I just don't need a shit ton of addons as my crutch to be a good player, only wanna be's like you do.
    People are out of line in their responses to you by calling you a noob. That isn't how a person should act. However, don't stoop to their level and, in the process, call most (everyone in Paragon/Ensidia/etc uses addons) high-end players "wanna be's".

Clicking decreases your reaction time, which decreases your DPS SLIGHTLY.
    Having auto-attack bound to the "1" key is inefficient, and moving your hand from 2 to 9 decreases your reaction time, which decreases your DPS slightly.
    Keyboard turning decreases your reaction time, which decreases your DPS slightly.

The reason that the keyboard is designed in such an odd way (qwerty vs abcdef) is so that you hit the keys most commonly used quicker than keys less commonly used. This same principle applies when designing a layout and a set of keybinds for you to use.

It is common to bind Q to A and E to D, removing the "turn" commands from the keyboard entirely because they promote bad habits. Then, use 1, 2, 3, 4, Q, E, and other keys for commonly cast abilities, using CTRL, Shift, and ALT modifiers to tie in cooldowns and other things. This is just one example of how many players do it, but there are tons of different ways to do it.

By using more efficient keybindings and/or movement method, you will increase your reaction time (slightly) and your DPS (slightly).

On topic:
    Congratulations on the LK10 kill! I also got my first LK10 kill at the 30% buff level, also due to social issues. The late date doesn't make it any less satisfying or thrilling for you, I know.

I seriously doubt that you hindered your group's ability to kill him in any way (well unless you were like spreading crazy defiles or something), so don't let the haters get to you. At the end of the day, people blow the "keyboard/mouse turning/binding/clicking" issue WAY out of proportion. Yes, it isn't ideal. No, it is not game-breaking in any way and the loss of DPS is actually really small (I'd wager in the neighborhood of a couple hundred).

Good luck in the future!
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-11-16 at 11:56 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShottyMcShot View Post
    *GASP*

Addons are the best thing to ever happen to this game! I'm sure since you have played this long that you know a lot of the standard features you now enjoy in wow were once addons that blizzard stole. Well not stole I guess since it's their legal right to take and modify them as they see fit, but yeah. The equip manager, Raid frames, the Player Auras, and many others.

Call it a crutch If you must I suppose, but addons are win. I say using addons is more like using controlled demolition to bring down a building and not using them is like using an old wrecking ball. Who's more gimped and lookin like they sport crutches? lol
    I use some basic addons, healbot, gearscore, dps meter and occasionally DBM if I don't know the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Morv View Post
    as a shadow priest myself, looking at your UI and your bindings makes me sick
    you think 8-10k is respectable? not with the 30% buff and 4pc t10.
    you're bad and you should feel bad.
    Shut up troll, I'm sick of hearing whining idiots like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well gratz mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just described my bc experience perfectly, except I was in NZ on a US realm, so guilds raided at 7am my time, and I was still in school then so I could only raid in weekend guilds or during my holidays..limiting my options a lot, I was never able to get in a good guild and despite my many attempts I was never able to do a speed clear of ZA and get the mount, because I had to pug it every time!

when wotlk launched, like you most of my RL friends quit and the ones that didn't moved to an oceanic realm, and so did I. where we were able to actually raid with guilds, so my wotlk time has been awesome, of course no one is rid of the wow bug forever and most of my friends came back eventually xD the last quite recently because he wants to play for cata

Grats on your kill

Congrats mate!!!
    i also just downed LK 10 man after pugging so many times and getting stuck with complete failtards.
    finally downed the sucker and am proud as punch to have the title... even if it was with the debuff removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Posted by Bashiok
    Haha, don't worry about it. It's like, three clicks for me to suspend someone. It's super duper easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prodruidlol View Post
    Congrats mate!!!
    i also just downed LK 10 man after pugging so many times and getting stuck with complete failtards.
    finally downed the sucker and am proud as punch to have the title... even if it was with the debuff removed.
    Lol yeah alot of people are getting in late kills it seems.

and i'm sick of reading how you've been playing for almost 7 years and still haven't figured out keybinds
    i've been playing for almost 3 years and i'm twice the shadow priest you'll ever be

10+ Year Old Account
    I use some basic addons, healbot, gearscore, dps meter and occasionally DBM if I don't know the fight.
    That's a good base to start with. I would highly suggest a good dot timer though as a shadow priest. Could substantially increase your DPS. I suggest forte exorcist or power auras, but you would have to custom configure each spell for power auras. Also a good cast bar with latency. Quartz being the best choice imo. Forte and quartz are both highly customizable, but also very well configured out of the box if your not very adept at addon configuration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check my achieves and my raiding history then say that again.

My main abilities are all binded properly.
    Sorry armory is down so I can't but...didn't you JUST get LK down...and earlier you said you never did uld..I don't see your point here.

10+ Year Old Account
    and i'm sick of reading how you've been playing for almost 7 years and still haven't figured out keybinds
    i've been playing for almost 3 years and i'm twice the shadow priest you'll ever be
    Only in your dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Sorry armory is down so I can't but...didn't you JUST get LK down...and earlier you said you never did uld..I don't see your point here.
    Classic raider, Black Temple, Sunwell, Naxx, TOC, ect.

I feel your pain, got him two weeks ago. Started ICC with a slow-moving group that gradually became one of the better ones on the server, then the group all blew to shit and half of us left guild. Got a full-time job, didn't raid for awhile, then one week the five of us who left guild magically got back together with some old guildies and some friends and got it.

Incidentally am THISCLOSE to Bane... Wrath is almost over D:
    [85 Retribution/Holy][85 Restoration/Elemental][81 Unholy/Blood][80 Discipline/Holy][80 Feral/Restoration][41 Subtelty]

This is actual noob-behaviour.
    So far, many people tried to point out what you do/did wrong. At first they did it relatively neutral, though that's always hard when critisizing.
    You reacted aggressively and rude.
    They went ahead and made their critic negative.
    You call them whining idiots.

Yep, you don't want to accept any constructive critisizm, assume that you're right because you think you have experience, and, if someone points out that you are actually not as good as you think, you get offensive.
    That's exactly how a noob is described when comparing noob vs. newb.

Gratz.

Deleted
    i envy you, im stuck in half 25 man half 10 man gear, can never kill him, closest i got was 11% then raid disbanded
    nowadays im with people who just fail on 2nd transition phase :/

Only in your dreams.
    edited out because i'm bigger than this
    Last edited by Morv; 2010-11-16 at 12:03 PM. Reason: being the man here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    This is actual noob-behaviour.
    So far, many people tried to point out what you do/did wrong. At first they did it relatively neutral, though that's always hard when critisizing.
    You reacted aggressively and rude.
    They went ahead and made their critic negative.
    You call them whining idiots.

Yep, you don't want to accept any constructive critisizm, assume that you're right because you think you have experience, and, if someone points out that you are actually not as good as you think, you get offensive.
    That's exactly how a noob is described when comparing noob vs. newb.

Gratz.
    Don't think I'm not taking notes I will probably change my UI slightly based on the feedback i've gotten. However I don't need people mocking me for my UI, that was not the purpose of this thread and I do fight back against sinister criticism.

actually i've been playing my spriest for a little over a year and i'm leagues above you
    does that sadden you? clicker scum.
    enjoy your casualslayer title
    For the 30th god damn time I'm not a clicker you noob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only in your dreams.

Classic raider, Black Temple, Sunwell, Naxx, TOC, ect.
    Well there is two things wrong with that.
    One being you can't check achievements to see if someone was a classic raider, you could of just gone back and done illiden for BT achievement, the second being classic raider didn't exactly require skill, you just had to be one of the crowd. if you actually cleared sunwell when it was progression, thats good. Naxx and Toc were face-roll on release, bar togc 25

i still havent down LK *cries* i recently got a job that robs me of my WoW time. i barely get to play it

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz! . I haven't downed him yet doing few attempts a week but my current guild is more interested in ICC10HC's

For the 30th god damn time I'm not a clicker you noob.
    You are not a keybinder.
    No, you aren't. You have the standard bar keybinded from 1 to [dunno what's past 0 on english keyboards], which just is not enough to be called a keybinder.
    Especially not since you use keybinds past 6. [6 can be usable if you have really big hands and/or a small keyboard.]

Since you are not a keybinder and do have to click some of your abilities[dispersion is an important one] aswell as your potions, you are closer to being a clicker than a keybinder. [Though not really either of them.]