Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any Spriests thinking of using a spec that doesn't includ SA's?

I've been playing around with the talent tree a lot and I'm just wondering if anyone else is seriously giving thought to dropping Shadowy Apparition from the spec all together?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

PvP? Maybe
    PvE? No

http://wowtal.com/#k=a5FUSxSR.a8t.priest.

Imp Fear, Silence, Paralysis are all useless in PvE
    And taking 4% less spell damage is also borderline useless, yes less damage taken, less healing needed, ontop of DP/VE/Sform we're already stronger than every other DPS for survivability.

I did have a pve shadow spec and a pvp shadow spec. I decided to try out healing again so i consolidated my two specs into one. The only thing I lost from my pve spec was SA and gained full pvp viability. I honestly don't notice a difference in my dps. It's pretty negligible. They move so slowly and proc so rarely while not moving that for most fights they don't add up to much. Also, people underestimate the value of psychic horror and silence in the PVE environment come cataclysm.

I'm sad that T11 increases SA damage. It should increase proc rate or walk speed/range, or just affect something useful.

New T11 four piece -
    your SA's will now actually reach the target before it dies, rendering them not completely useless

I've found that a lot of the times Recount isn't merging my SA dmg with mine properly if I un-merge the pet dmg I find it doing 1.5-2k dps in ICC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykie View Post
    In WotLK, yes. In Cataclysm, no.

Fear doesn't have 100% uptime and cant be used as CC.
    Every Tank/Melee have an interrupt and most other ranged have reliable interrupts.
    Paralysis is RNG.

In Cataclysm, Yes.

Deleted
    Fear doesn't have 100% uptime and cant be used as CC.
    Every Tank/Melee have an interrupt and most other ranged have reliable interrupts.
    Paralysis is RNG.

In Cataclysm, Yes.
    Fear is a CC, despite the lack of a 100% uptime. It's still not useless and I've saved groups plenty of times in beta by using it
    You can never have too many interrupts in Cataclysm.
    Paralysis is RNG, that much I'll give you. And it's not in my own level 85 build. But it's not useless.

SA can be skipped over now, but come Cata and T11 it will probably be too valuable to ditch.
    I, too, wish they walked faster, or spawned near the target, or something that made them more effective.
    Although I do enjoy SW : P'ing up a trash pack and running circles around them to watch my shadowy legion slowly creep towards them.

Deleted
    Over a 5 min fight with ilvl 359 Cata epics they do almost as much overall damage as SW. Half of the overall damage of Mind Blast.

Pretty much must have .

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    I've been playing around with the talent tree a lot and I'm just wondering if anyone else is seriously giving thought to dropping Shadowy Apparition from the spec all together?
    theres aren't enough talents in the shadow tree for pve content to even make it an option of not getting SA. It is a pitiful damage increase but it IS a damage increase. PVP it's a possibility.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    im only specced one point in to SA for pvp. Seems pretty useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Side note... if you have any kind of costume on (like wolf form from the Moon books) your apparitions take that form. Not a necessary thing but it is fun
    Deathwhisper both trash packs with the gnome pirate wand from hallow's end. It dosent get any better than that (wish I took SSes now =[)

In PvP it seems pretty redundant, theyre easy to dodge if you keep moving, and they could very easily break CC if you decide to switch target.
    PvE wise however, no way. They do quite a lot of damage, just a lot of the time it doesn't show on recount, as it can only show 1 pet (which for me is my fiend, as I pop at as soon as my dots are up).

Unfortunately, shadowy apparitions move even slower than siege engines, so they're still pretty worthless

Quote Originally Posted by Arekh View Post
    Unfortunately, shadowy apparitions move even slower than siege engines, so they're still pretty worthless
    How on earth can anything move slower then siege engine, that kinda makes it pointless from a PvP standpoint, maybe not so bad for pve (depending on the damage they do.. i have no idea i skipped testing Priest in general during the beta because it's the class i am rerolling so want to be "surprised" by my skills :P)
    Oh hi

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Side note... if you have any kind of costume on (like wolf form from the Moon books) your apparitions take that form. Not a necessary thing but it is fun
    Need to go and make army of wolfs!
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowy Apparitions. Honestly I don't understand how they are not useful. If you cannot see their damage in you recount you need to fix somethings. I forget exactly what I did but I finally got my SA's to merge with me on the charts for recount and they still do not show in World of Logs. During most fights Where You are standing still they may only account for 150,000 damage over a 4-5min fight. But on many fights especially on ones that you are moving around constantly they have counted for 300-500k damage for that fight. Which according to my recount with them merged and someone else's recount they add approx 1-1.5k dps.

Now PvP wise I am sure the Fear's and Silence's are better... But they sure do come in Handy when i cast VT/DP/SW: P on a target then i see another person rushing into me. Hit them up real fast with VT/DP/SW: P and Pop Power Word Shield and start Running toward a healer... The damage adds up and IDK about you but that little amount of damage that few secs is always the make or break in pvp.

Anyways thats my take on this. <3

Deleted
    PvP? Maybe
    PvE? No

And taking 4% less spell damage is also borderline useless, yes less damage taken, less healing needed, ontop of DP/VE/Sform we're already stronger than every other DPS for survivability.

Imp Fear, Silence is very very usefull on Cho'gall for example. And not only on one fight.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-11-19 at 02:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Shadow Apparition is one of the most entertaining abilities to watch in the game. We had 4-5 shadow priests in a LK25hc run and just watching all the apparitions strutting through the fights was hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I think Shadow Apparition is one of the most entertaining abilities to watch in the game. We had 4-5 shadow priests in a LK25hc run and just watching all the apparitions strutting through the fights was hilarious.
    Agreed I think the most fun thing to do is go to the Dummies and cast Shadow Word Pain on each dummy while running in circles and keep refreshing them before they drop. and on a Total of 7 targets I pulled 18k dps form SW: P and Apparitions... Like Stated before you need to make sure they merge with you in recount.