Poll: Thrall or Garrosh?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People tend to not like change. If you've played WC3 and enjoyed the campaign you become kind of attached to Thrall. You play horde for years serving under your Warchief, then all of a sudden he's all "World's in danger, gotta go! Here's this loose-cannon instead."

It's just not the Horde we're used to I suppose. Whether this is a positive change or not is yet to be determined.

yes this is WARcraft but it isent war to send millions of alliance/horde to battle the scourge? no? really not? war is only when horde and alliance fight? what about bgs? no? all the places where horde and alliance already kill each other like blue sky logging ground in northend it isent war? hmm..

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkertown, and it's driving all the gnomes crazy.
    Thrall is just plain awesome. Intelligence and integrity are his main strengths. Garrosh is a scrub, who will bring the horde back to what the orcs were like after drinking Mannoroth's blood. I am hoping Garrosh ends up as a Deathwing turd by the end of Cataclysm and either Thrall comes back or Baine takes over as Warchief.

Furthermore, when Garrosh finds out his defeat of Cairne was not due to his own abilities, but Magathra Grimtotems meddling in the fight(poison on blades), Garrosh's supposed honor should have sent him off not only to separate Magathra's head from her body, but wipe out the grimtotem tribe. But he showed what kind of shallow, callous turd he is, but letting the tauren deal with the issue internally. Garrosh as Warchief almost made me switch to alliance.
    Last edited by halfbee; 2010-11-16 at 05:10 PM.
    "Traveling allows you to visit new towns and meet new people." - Genghis Khan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone can beat Thrall.
    Markro - Arthas US PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Rioku View Post
    Being a leader isnt about marching into war because you can,
    Thrall wanted peace not just for him but for his people and didnt want more death....
    Garrosh just wants blood and he'll get it at any cost..thats not a leader
    No. Give me any sort of proof that Garrosh said something like that. The war that he wages on with the alliance is not because he can, but because he has to. When Thrall leaves he basically tells him that he has to "do whatever he can to make sure that the horde can survive", and in the orc cata intro the narrator dude says that the new warchief "wages war with the alliance due to very scars resources because of the shattering"...
    85--85--85--85--85--85--76

Abstained from voting, because as much as I love Thrall, I like Garrosh equal parts. MOST of that is because I've just finished reading The Shattering, without which I would still think Garrosh was some sort of crazy methhead who changes his entire personality at the drop of a hat (Read: Pansy in nagrand, RAEGING warmonger in Northrend). Now that I've read it, I find him to be a pretty cool guy who kills Alliance scum and doesn't afraid of anything, so yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by methical View Post
    So sit back and die of starvation while the world falls apart?
    No. There are plenty of other ways to advance your race/country. The same goes with Varian. What I said was, instead of worrying about "OMG ALLIANCE/HORDE! KILL THEM!" It should be focused on destroying what is causing the loss of resources and tearing the world apart. While waging a war against each other AND Deathwing, both the Horde and Alliance are using their already slim resources dry. If Garrosh was a smart leader, he would see that. But, he doesn't.

Hes pissed off the Trolls, inadvertently killed Cairne, has no control over sylvannas ...he has to step his shit up before he can command the horde not just in namesake but be a true leader like Thrall was.

Time will tell....I do however enjoy the new fire between the horde and alliance

Deleted
    I love your One Piece avatar.

And hopefully we'll get some world pvp in Cataclysm because of the new borders.

10+ Year Old Account
    My lord Varian Wyrnn will be more then happy to give war to the little child playing Warchief known as Garrosh.

---------- Post added 2010-11-16 at 01:08 PM ----------

Even as Alliance i respected Thrall

Because all Garrosh's posturing is just overcompensating for being a whiny, emo bitch. Hero of Northrend? More like Crybaby of Nagrand.

Thrall is a leader, Garrosh is a bipolar warmonger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolldruid View Post
    I know this is some kind of lore issue for some people but really does it matter that much? The whole we need to kill alliance attitude Garrosh has is great! After all this game is called World of WARcraft. I was getting quite sick of the whole peace thing Thrall wanted.

The Garrosh change is only for the better, people crying saying they are leaving the horde cause of Garrosh go do it! The new Horde dont need pussys who never attacks alliance when they see them cause they want to be '' a good guy''.

Garrosh FTW!
    yeah exactly but the thing is like alot of people dislike PvP and are PvE heroes. The whole game circles around PvE.
    Also MOST horde are actually blood elves that shouldn't fucking be horde in the first place!

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL i love how Loth'remar is never counted as a Horde leader

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I know this is some kind of lore issue for some people but really does it matter that much? The whole we need to kill alliance attitude Garrosh has is great! After all this game is called World of WARcraft. I was getting quite sick of the whole peace thing Thrall wanted.

The Garrosh change is only for the better, people crying saying they are leaving the horde cause of Garrosh go do it! The new Horde dont need pussys who never attacks alliance when they see them cause they want to be '' a good guy''.

Garrosh FTW!
    This so called "argument" makes me want to punch old ladies, with a brick!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayace View Post
    LOL i love how Loth'remar is never counted as a Horde leader
    Because, technically, he isn't. He is a regent, thus a caretaker. As well, no one cares about the belfs, especially the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioku View Post
    Being a leader isnt about marching into war because you can,
    Thrall wanted peace not just for him but for his people and didnt want more death....
    Garrosh just wants blood and he'll get it at any cost..thats not a leader
    Garrosh does not just want blood at any cost. He only wants the best for the Horde, while maintaining his honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiar View Post
    Abstained from voting, because as much as I love Thrall, I like Garrosh equal parts. MOST of that is because I've just finished reading The Shattering, without which I would still think Garrosh was some sort of crazy methhead who changes his entire personality at the drop of a hat (Read: Pansy in nagrand, RAEGING warmonger in Northrend). Now that I've read it, I find him to be a pretty cool guy who kills Alliance scum and doesn't afraid of anything, so yeah.
    I totally agree with you. Having read the Shattering puts a completely different view on Garrosh. A hothead, yes. A dirty figher, no.
    Without spoiling things from the book, he puts honor and the horde in front of anything else.
    I think Blizzard havn't quite managed to put his personality into the game properly...

So all Garrosh haters, go read the Shattering and then tell us how you see him.

Edit: But I'm still with Thrall

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont respect Garrosh either but hes Kill Alliance On Sigth Attitude is way better then Thrall's lets try to figure this situation out.

Maybe its cause i hate alliance so much, i mean Male Draenei, Gnomes and male Human. Come on those races pretty much speaks for them self especially Male Draenei.
    This only works in the videogame perspective. From a "azeroth is supposed to be real" perspective, Thrall understood sometimes you have to get over your past to still have a future.

When something like Arthas or Deathwing threaten everyone's demise, it's better to work together than have the world destroyed. It's called maturity and being a good leader. Something Garrosh isn't going to exactly be good at.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    I'm personally disappointed that for a game called World of Warcraft there is a distinct lack of sailing interactivity. There's two types of seaworthy vessels right there in the game's name, but the various ships all take predetermined paths or don't move at all!
    freakin' hilarious
    you guys failing doesn't mean the class fails.

It means that -you- fail. Some people clearly make it work, but you guys keep going "NO! NO! LIES! ALL LIES!! That's the ONLY possible explanation for why you do well while I don't!!".
    You don't seem to even consider for one second that the problem just might lie with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by venziir View Post
    this so called "argument" makes me want to punch old ladies, with a brick!
    lmao!!

Personally for a game called World of warCRAFT I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of creativity required to play. Yes we can "craft" things using professions, but they all look exactly the same. Where is the popsicle sticks and macaroni art? Where are the paints and crayons? Where is the glue and glitter? I am getting of this whole sitting there rubbing your hands together equals sewing a beautiful dress it's just not crafty enough.