Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Atm the most OP class would be Paladin, holy specced. Both on live and beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think you know what overpowered means. Also, this thread is just so utterly pointless that it should be locked immediately. Its a cry for a flame war. Nonsense.
    Assistant (to the) Regional Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    You're asking people to start a flame war over something as contrived as a "most overpowered pvp class". Nothing good can come from this thread since it will be full of misinformation, pandering, grandstanding, lambasting, bias, opinion, and e-peens. There has not been an "overpowered" class, just good comps that are hard to counter that people complain about. Seriously...everything has a counter, move on.
    You obviously didn't arena season 5 with DKs. Blizzard admitted to their mistake

There has not been an "overpowered" class, just good comps that are hard to counter that people complain about. Seriously...everything has a counter, move on.
    In BC, warlocks, you never played against them? I have done arenas with a warlock in 2vs2, me being a mage, sometimes i was deleted before we were able to do anything and he soloed the other team, this happened all the time and we won most times, it was incredible how powerful warlocks were back then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobonator View Post
    You obviously didn't arena season 5 with DKs. Blizzard admitted to their mistake
    DK/pali was overpowered due to the synergy the comp had. There have been overpowered COMPS in this game, but a class in an of itself has not been overpowered since vanilla.

---------- Post added 2010-11-17 at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by exdeath202 View Post
    In BC, warlocks, you never played against them? I have done arenas with a warlock in 2vs2, me being a mage, sometimes i was deleted before we were able to do anything and he soloed the other team, this happened all the time and we won most times, it was incredible how powerful warlocks were back then.
    Warlocks with a healer were powerful, yes, due to being able to go sl/sl, but when faced with a healer team that could dispel, they were good at best. WLD still suffered against RMP since so much of the damage could be mitigated. 1v1 warlocks were the counter to mages which is why most mages found them overpowered, but against most other classes they were fine. If it has a reasonable amount of counters, it's not overpowered by definition.
    BfA Beta Time

DK/pali was overpowered due to the synergy the comp had. There have been overpowered COMPS in this game, but a class in an of itself has not been overpowered since vanilla.
    Wrong, DK's were OP even alone. 1 2k dk could wreck a 2,5k mage rogue in 2v2 (Which mattered back then).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Wrong, DK's were OP even alone. 1 2k dk could wreck a 2,5k mage rogue in 2v2 (Which mattered back then).
    And Paul Bunyan was 40 feet tall.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Its between Warlocks, Mages and Shadow Priests i'd say i have a Mage but to be honest Shadow priests are a pain along with warlocks :/

Any wizard cleave is ridonculous atm.
    Last edited by Kruv; 2010-11-17 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    I will say feral druids, but is too early to ask questions like this one...

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy paladins, Warlocks and warriors(partly feral druids).

Else it's balanced.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

brb, rerolling mage, warlock and spriest

---------- Post added 2010-11-17 at 03:27 PM ----------

Warlocks with a healer were powerful, yes, due to being able to go sl/sl, but when faced with a healer team that could dispel, they were good at best. WLD still suffered against RMP since so much of the damage could be mitigated. 1v1 warlocks were the counter to mages which is why most mages found them overpowered, but against most other classes they were fine. If it has a reasonable amount of counters, it's not overpowered by definition.
    Dks were OP by themselves in s5. Then they were overnerfed.

Deleted
    whatever you won't be playing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rtjason View Post
    Dks were OP by themselves in s5. Then they were overnerfed.
    Meh, I would beg to differ on that front. My rogue partner and I used to think hpali/DK was too good for us to beat back in s5 till we spent some time in Nagrand practicing against some guildies. Once we found out that sapping the DK and lolAP+PoM+pyro+GLG the hpali forced the bubble...we never lost to the comp again...that season.
    BfA Beta Time

Depends on the situation.

bg's: i think mages, hunters and rogues got it. all three can pretty much kill you before you can break their snares.

for pure survival: paladin.

Arena: i wont comment on arena. i don't arena much.

world pvp: Bears. no I'm not kidding. in a world PVP setting (where neither party has a huge amount of pvp gear) my feral bear tank can kill ANYTHING. i have 2v1'd a ret pala and a warrior (they ganked my GF. *shrug*) I've gone 1v1 vs DKs (they freeze me when they hit about 5% and run like little b**ches) paladins (i need a pvp trink to break there stun or else the fight could go on for hours of me pushing him to 5% without taking damage, then him stunning me and healing up) mages (lul EZ. skull bash his first spell, go to f**kin town asap) warlocks (again, not difficult).

really, only thing that stops my bear atm (and i have NO pvp gear for these fights) is healers with stuns. i battled a paladin for 15 min straight before he FINALLY got me (i was trying to get OOC to put on a trinket so i could break his stun and kill his buns)

seriously world PVP belongs to the bear atm. that's just my 2 cents though.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most op class usually involves the person sitting between the keyboard and the chair.....

I HOPEEE for prot warr :P cause thats what i'm gonna play. I really dont care if it will be good or not, i wuuuv it
    Originally Posted by Archer
    I wanted to make the front door look like a warlock summoning portal, but my wife said something about the neighbors thinking we worship the devil.. or something along those lines. Either way I was told no

Once we found out that sapping the DK
    I can now safely state that whoever this person is, he never passed 1200 rating.

Watch some vids of S5 dk pala's, see how the scenario I described actually happend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    I can now safely state that whoever this person is, he never passed 1200 rating.

Watch some vids of S5 dk pala's, see how the scenario I described actually happend.
    Yes, yes, you couldn't sap them if they used Lichborne, but that didn't always happen now did it?

FYI, in S5, you didn't start at 0 rating, you started at 1500 like in TBC. Even if you couldn't sap the DK, bursting the pali then CLoS+Vanishing was the way RM dominated pali/DK.
    BfA Beta Time