Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    That is a awful attitude, as many people play PvP in the lower brackets combined as at 80/85, and many enjoy it much more. It's rare for an imbalance of such magnitude to go unchecked, if it hasn't already been patched in a beta build, I imagine it soon will be.

With the removal of the rank system, all it requires is a simple change of a few variables.
    Blizzards lowest concern is pvp balance at lower levels. Personally I believe people do such just because they can't be competitive where the game and gear is more balanced. If I wanna pvp and prove that I'm good at that class I level to 80 as fast as possible then Arena or when cata is released I'll do rated bgs.

Only thing they did was nerf all damage from levels 1-79. They wont do much more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmannx View Post
    Rets were retardedly OP in S5. Same with Survival and BM Hunters (sup lock'n'load, sup TBW->Readiness->TBW), and UH DKs.

If you honestly think certain classes, in themselves, weren't OP, after vanilla, you're delusional.
    [COLOR="red"]
    ---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 08:43 AM ----------
    How can you say someone is delusional, when u don't know how some classes work?
    When you could have bestial wrath side by side with readiness?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnosh View Post
    Patch 3.0.8:

[Readiness]: No longer resets the cooldown on [Bestial Wrath].

---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 02:24 PM ----------

Let me reiterate, classes WERE powerful against other classes as he said, but they were never without counter alone. When you throw in a partner to remove a class' weakness (aka HoF for a hunter or DK, dispels/cleanses, etc), you get overpowered comps.

Personally, I've never found a single class overpowered on its own since Arena was put in during TBC. Druids and Locks countered mages, Mages countered warriors and melee, so on and so forth. When you put those counter classes TOGETHER, you had comps that couldn't be beaten. It's actually why RMP has been so strong, the class synergy almost entirely removes all the weaknesses the classes had individually. The priest gains peals and crowd control, the rogue and mage gain heals and dispels, mage gets pressure help from the rogue, basically the classes work perfectly in harmony.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by ohnobees View Post
    The only thing wow players are good at is bitching like children. This accounts for probably 75% of all threads on these forums.
    The other 25% are people bitching about people bitching. The only difference is that the ones bitching are actully fighting for their cause. The ones bitching about bitchers are just low-lifes trying to seem superior to other human beings on a video game forum.

If you are too childish to undertsnad that people will always gripe on a video game forum and there is nothing that you can do about it, the better your life will be.

People bitching about people bitching are the worst sort of posters as what they are posting about is 200% pointless and off topic. If you had half a brain, you might be aware of that.

every class is op with the right player controlling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltsmash View Post
    every class is op with the right player controlling it.
    Not at all true. I faced a Gladiator Enhancement shaman on my Warrior and was in a mix of welfare emblem gear and welfare PvP gear while he was head to toe Wrathful and I ripped him apart w/wolves out with ease. Some classes and specs are OP, while some are UP. That is the truth.

Deleted
    I would say warlocks.

Deleted
    As I've said before, there is no "best" class. Every class is strong when you learn how to play on each situation that you can face!

Deleted
    Holy paladin, you only die when you're out numbered 5-1 or more.

are you serious?

ALL OF THEM! .... L2P your class!

But Seriously....
    Frost Mages pwn
    Rogues have always pwn'd
    Hunters imo are a really strong pvp class, crazy survivability, damage, and defensive abilities
    Elemental Shamans can do huge burst and have insane heals for a non-healer, Shadow priests are amazing and disc is one of the best pocket healers
    Ret Paladins can literally tear shit up consistantly in BG's
    Warriors have crazy versatility and can own in pretty much any spec
    Warlocks are just as versatile of a caster and are some of the baddest mofo's out there
    Feral Druids RIP ME TO DAMN PIECES, Boomkins create HAVOC....
    And DK's, don't even get me started...
    Priest, Paladin, Druid, and Shaman healers are all very very strong when played correctly.

You get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnosh View Post
    Well apparently i know some stuff about your own class better than you do.

---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Not at all true. I faced a Gladiator Enhancement shaman on my Warrior and was in a mix of welfare emblem gear and welfare PvP gear while he was head to toe Wrathful and I ripped him apart w/wolves out with ease. Some classes and specs are OP, while some are UP. That is the truth.
    Gladiator doesn't automatically mean skilled player. Infact, if what you said is actually true, then he probably got glad by playing the cheesiest 3's comp there ever was: Beast cleave. If the Hunter was exceptionally good, along with the healer, an "ok" Enhance player could've easily stuck with them.

Quote Originally Posted by SensenmanN View Post
    Bards
    Bards and Dancers suck, why would anyone train their character to be one?

EXCEPT...for Move +3

Deleted
    Enhancement Shaman is awesome on 4.0.3 live right now, since 4.0.1
    Heres hoping it stays this way at 85.
    Its not overpowered, its just not shit anymore. Get used to it

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Arcane Mage and Mut Rogue could use all of their cooldowns back then, since they could just reset once the pali was dead, so it doesn't matter. There's a reason RM synergy was gutted in s5, it was a broken comp.
    Good thing to see you are banned, after your replies to me in the throwdown topic, engineering topic and now here (Mage rogue>pala dk in S5 good joke) it is nice to see the mods are actually doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
    not only has it been posted before, it's been locked before.

Warlocks.
    ahahahahahahahah

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Eh guys, just watch this http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=167991
    Frost mage playing with Steeringwheel. Only using Icelance to do dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon the Conqueror View Post
    I think it'll be the A department of Yale lawschool.

And point out where palas were OP in WotLK? If you talk about the 3 days in 3.01, that's just retarded.

No, he's right man. You're just thinking of when they are "BROKENLY overpowered". They nerfed them down to just "Overpowered".

I'm being dead serious when I say you are either A) a delusional player of a paladin, or B) someone who didn't didn't PvP very much, or C) played the 1 or 2 classes that actually had a chance against a paladin. (that's ONE to TWO... out of 9 other classes)

It's well known and admitted by the player base that Paladins were incredibly strong in PvP the entire Wrath expansion. Their dominance varied with the nerfs and tweaks sure, but at NO POINT, were they not comfortably above the normal power of almost every other class.

Anyway, the guy was dead on Warlocks in TBC, Paladins in Wrath.
    I was speculating that it might be Shamans in Cata because of the theme, which actually goes along with the trend set by the last 2 expansions. But that doesn't appear to be the case. Shaman will have to just settle for their golden memories of wrecking people in Vanilla with 2 hand weapons and windfury procs.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wac View Post
    Eh guys, just watch this http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=167991
    Frost mage playing with Steeringwheel. Only using Icelance to do dmg.
    haha

Someone took down the poll. Must have been a mage! ^^