Quick quetion for any Disc who has done Ulduar HMs recently

How do shadow crashes work with atonement? If I smite spam in the shadow crash does it heal the full amount or is it reduced like other heals?

yes I know Vezax HM is easy, I am just curious what to expect.
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

Deleted
    it heals for the increased amount i.e. the amount the smite hits for

Confirming. I tried this on Wednesday. Atonement does not get affected by the healing reduction AND does gain the increased healing due to increased damage.

Hope this clears things up for you.
    Armory
    - Olynn -

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Should be fun to be able to smite spam and shield for little to no mana.
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

10+ Year Old Account
    You become a super mana efficient little gatlin gun healer when in the shadowcrash... lots of fun did it tonight.

I have a sudden urge to go try this out... sounds amazing fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanssanity View Post
    I have a sudden urge to go try this out... sounds amazing fun.
    Indeed!

Well I must have been doing it wrong. I hit 64 smites last night and only 7 attonement procs according to our WoL file from last night. I guess it could have been his massive hit box and everyone was dpsing from max hit range but I don't think so. It was wierd though because it wasn't that atonement hit at a reduced healing effect, they just were not hitting at all. It could very well have been the hit box issue.
    Last edited by moode; 2010-11-17 at 10:38 PM. Reason: added more info

-monkeysnarf

Did you have the glyph of Divine Accuracy?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is definitely issues with large hitbox bosses like lord marrowgar etc. If your tank and melee are at max melee range it will be rare for the range to pick someone to hit. I would make sure you have some sort of combat text (msbt) or blizzards turned on so you can see..if it isn't hit..tell your tank to move in. That way the heals hit the person needing it most.

atonment is crap, only use in the xpac when u have mana issues. atm without lvl 85 issues no use for it

Quote Originally Posted by Muntwoman View Post
    atonment is crap, only use in the xpac when u have mana issues. atm without lvl 85 issues no use for it
    Archangel costs more mana to set up than it refunds, so Atonement isn't worth it "for mana" either.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~