Poll: Would you play it

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Pokemon MMO

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Red face Pokemon MMO

A normal MMO where you are a pokemon trainer and run around and catch pokemon
    But the battle system is something like WoW or Aion type thing

Would you play it

discuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon is insanely fun but I just can't see it done right as an mmo

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh I see your point but I mean if it was done perfectly the way you would like to see it done...or something of the sorts

My vote: Maybe

Reason? It could be easily done, and could easily be very similar to WoW, if not come closs to being better in some regards. Whether I'd play it or not would come down to how good the game was, and if it had a good PvP system in it.

After so many years of the same old same old "walk through grass hoping a Pokemon attacks you" style of game, a Pokemon MMO would be a great change of pace that the series could benefit from.

Yes with a fight system similar to WoW classes with a pet.

So much potential. I smh wondering why a mmo for pokemon has not been created.

Pet bar and action bar with various trainer items on it. yes! Hell so many ideas for pvp. I'm about to burst.

As long as they don't make the game too kiddie freindly and rape the customers on graphics and a good pve experience, I'm all in.

The game world would be humoungus. Each expansion through each region.* Drools*

They'd have to make it double version each expansion again to make it difficult to collect each pokemon all at once to promote trading etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Meklol View Post
    Yes with a fight system similar to WoW classes with a pet.

So much potential. I smh wondering why a mmo for pokemon has not been created.

Pet bar and action bar with various trainer items on it. yes! Hell so many ideas for pvp. I'm about to burst.

As long as they don't make the game too kiddie freindly and rape the customers on graphics and a good pve experience, I'm all in.

The game world would be humoungus. Each expansion through each region.* Drools*

They'd have to make it double version each expansion again to make it difficult to collect each pokemon all at once to promote trading etc...
    About trading it would be really easy as a MMO kinda trade chat thing LF trade XXX for XXX

it sounds a lot like WoW but with no options except Beast Mastery hunters.

lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    it sounds a lot like WoW but with no options except Beast Mastery hunters.

lame.
    Yes because 500+ pets all with different abilities isn't exciting??

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post
    About trading it would be really easy as a MMO kinda trade chat thing LF trade XXX for XXX

MMOs always want players interacting but being able to get all 500-600 pokemon in just a few months is lame.

There has to be a system of checks and balances or a risk reward type thing to make players more cautious with trading. Catching the pokemon would have to be some what of an epic task also. To not make players want to give away their companions so eagerly for another.

With enough brain power and time a solid MMO could be produced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meklol View Post
    MMOs always want players interacting but being able to get all 500-600 pokemon in just a few months is lame.

There has to be a system of checks and balances or a risk reward type thing to make players more cautious with trading. Catching the pokemon would have to be some what of an epic task also. To not make players want to give away their companions so eagerly for another.

With enough brain power and time a solid MMO could be produced.
    It's not always about catching all 500+ it's mainly about PvP and EV training your pokemon properly
    (yes I used to play pokemon and am not ashamed of it)

Not really as the "adventure to be the pokemon master" but there are a lot of good pokemon's battle simulators.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allium View Post
    It's not always about catching all 500+ it's mainly about PvP and EV training your pokemon properly
    (yes I used to play pokemon and am not ashamed of it)
    Not to mention Evolving at the right times, and pre-planning out certain abilities to get. And knowing when to use said abilities and on which pokemon.

It could actually be a very, very complex pvp game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before you make it an mmo, make a 3D version of pokemon for the Wii. I've wished for a console version of the classic rpg style pokemon games since the red and blue came out.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just imagine the Whirl Island cup competin with only Water types or Fighting over cinnabr island with consqeuances if your pokemon falsl in the lava.

Just imagine cordinators pokathalon, pokemone ringer contest mountainous areas, oh and not to mention honest to goodness real live fucking pokemone battles with you in full control of your pokemon with your personalized avatar in the back drools :L my god that would most likely beat wow out of the water if pokemon was still at the height of it popularity.

Persoanlly id be like nando and compete in Gyms and contest.

A list of what they could do

Pokemon Battles:
    Two on Two
    Three vs Three
    Pokemon Contest
    Pokemon Gyms
    Real Pokemon Leagues with spectator mode
    Pokemon Grand Festival have to perform gracefully while attacking your oppent.
    Pokeathalon
    Pokemon Ringer contest kinda like a scavenger hunt

Prof
    Poffin chef
    Poke block dietion

Special Events involving
    Legendary Pokemon but to obtain them you must go through insane quest akin to stuff like AQ scepter Quest
    Last edited by Shroud; 2010-11-17 at 07:49 AM.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post

Special Events involving
    Legendary Pokemon but to obtain them you must go through insane quest akin to stuff like AQ scepter Quest
    That would be fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon is the one franchise that I've always thought, if you gave it to a more mature developer like Bioware or Obsidian they could make one hell of a game out of it.

But Nintendo won't ever let that happen

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be amazing if done right, but the gamer population would be.... diverse.

If you're one of the 80% of "mature" players who complains about how WoW has too many kids, then I guarantee you might find a couple reasons to complain.

You'd have to catch a pokemon first then you would play as it. Every pokemon has their own unique set of skills so it would kinda be like DotA just in 3d and pokemons.

A pokemon mmo made well would beat any mmorpg!!! It would be the best!

Pokemon has a huge potential for a mmo:

2vs2 battle = arena
    3vs3 battle = arena
    Gym = Pve arena (Toc)
    Caves, mountains, buildnings = instances
    Pokemon League = rated battles (requiers gym marks)
    - Flying mount, underwater mount, teleport etc... it's all there!
    - Master Ball is gained from legendary pokemons and quest chains

"Mulitclassing"
    At maximum level you can acquire speciel glyphs which improves a stat or an ability of a pokemon (maximum 3 glyphs per pokemon). These glyphs can be improved by winning battles and doing arenas (2vs2 battles etc) for example:
    Fire Blast glyph:
    increase the damage of your Fire Blast by 10%. and an additional 2% per master point
    or
    Stat glyph
    Imcreases your x stat by 15%. + 1% per master point

Master points: Is gained from catching rare pokemons and winning battles (gyms, arenas etc.)
    Maximum 100 points per trainer. these points can be used on all of your lv 99 pokemons, you will loose points by loosing battles or failing to catch a rare pokemon. Rare glyohs can also be acquiered, common, rare and legendary glyphs.

First game = includes Kantho and Jotho
    expansion 1= includes Hoenn
    expansion 2 = includes Sinnoh
    Last edited by Wrien; 2010-11-17 at 08:55 PM.