Thread: Leap of Faith

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    What if a DK death grips you when you Leap of faith someone? Hmm..
    Death Knight Death Grips a Priest, who is using Leap of Faith on a Warrior, who is charging a Death Knight, who is Death Gripping a Priest...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mafain View Post
    I can see this as being very annoying in Rated WSG BG matches. Pulling FCs up the ledge to the graveyard to cut out the ramp run and go straight into the FR.
    If teams are using abilities in interesting ways to give them an advantage then they should win the game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    Death Knight Death Grips a Priest, who is using Leap of Faith on a Warrior, who is charging a Death Knight, who is Death Gripping a Priest...
    I'm pretty sure the world would explode.

Quote Originally Posted by danoob777 View Post
    [...]Only main abuse I can see that will get it revised if it becomes mandatory for short "enrage" phases on raid bosses to have a priest or two pull the rank away and maybe an intervene keeping the boss walking and not damaging the tank. If this becomes the go to way to trivialize certain HM encounters it'll get nerfed.
    Would be fairly easy to put a ~4sec "fade" effect on the faithed target. Pull a tank, boss just beats on someone else for a few seconds...

Or they can make raid-wide AOE-type enrages.

However, for stuff like Vezax's raging, it's nice to see the ability to gtfo spread around a bit (currently it's limited to raids with warriors or bears+digrats ;P).

Quote Originally Posted by Boomkindance View Post
    Or if 4 priests are in a square 40 yards apart, and use Leap of Faith at the same time.. I wonder what would happen? Is the pathing to the priests previous location, or will all of you fly in a square indefinitely? or will you all move closer to each other gradually in a cyclone style, meeting in the middle location of the square? hmmmmm
    I can almost see it : CERN announces that they have discovered the infamous " God" particle by having 4 priests pulling each other thus creating time rift which ultimately allowed them to travel back in time to the actual Big Bang moment.

I use it on beta in movement fights to pull melee from one corner of the room to the other and earn them some dps time :P ( I found it useful in Throne of Tides in the circular boss rooms with adds spawning in random corners... )
    I have also been annoyed when a priest in my party LoF me while I was ressurecting this other guy, because our idiot tank was chain pulling with no CC in DM heroic. ( long live Wrath bred tanks? ... ) -_-
    I can definitely see how the spell can annoy people...

It'll be about as entertaining as the original flood of DKs at Wrath release. Entire groups of Death Knights randomly hitting their Death Grip, with no thought, people flying every which way. Honestly I can see how Life Grip is going to work in some situations but.. it feels unnecessary. It's another tool. Great. I just feel about it the same way I feel about all three new Priest spells. I see their use. I'm just not terribly excited about any of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    On beta, I've only used it for the luls. It does bring you out of shadowform. You can't use it while the other person is falling (say on like... a valk dropping a player on LK). It would be very useful in pvp but so far in pve encounters, I haven't found a use for it.

Then again, most of the people I play with never stand in things!

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    It'll be about as entertaining as the original flood of DKs at Wrath release. Entire groups of Death Knights randomly hitting their Death Grip, with no thought, people flying every which way. Honestly I can see how Life Grip is going to work in some situations but.. it feels unnecessary. It's another tool. Great. I just feel about it the same way I feel about all three new Priest spells. I see their use. I'm just not terribly excited about any of them.
    Honestly, apart from new tools, what else can they give a Healing Priest?

We have our mana efficent heal, our quick heal, our heavy heal, our smart heal (Prayer of Mending), our Hot, our damage shield, our instant and cast time AoE heals, and then bonus utility heals like Binding Heal and Desparate Prayer which is talented but available to all specs.

And then we also have all of our talented and glyphed heals, like the mini heals from Power Word: Shield glyphed and Empowered Renew, and talented shield walls, AoE shield walls, a big big bucket of healing that you can used while stunned, a button you push which smart heals your entire raid and gives plus healing, a spell which simply stops them from dying...there is not really any new heal which they could give us that wouldn't already have another version of.

I much prefer them giving us a new tool to deal with things that we previously couldn't than just changing the numbers and graphic of another heal and calling it new. We have enough basic heals to cover whatever we need, interesting utility spells are all they can really give us.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Life Grip would have been really useful on my boyfriend's Undying run recently. A spriest decided to afk just at the wrong moment--as the rest of the raid was entering KT's room and starting phase 1. He quickly died and ruined it for everyone. I felt kinda bad for the raid.

Leap of Faith seems really situational, but for those really specific situations it seems awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianthe View Post
    I use it on beta in movement fights to pull melee from one corner of the room to the other and earn them some dps time :P ( I found it useful in Throne of Tides in the circular boss rooms with adds spawning in random corners... )
    That's a really clever use for it, and probably earns you some friends

10+ Year Old Account
    It's meant to be a quirky spell, which pretty much limits it to that. It will be great in the hands of a friend, deadly in the hands of someone you just called out. I think it evens itself out.

---------- Post added 2010-11-20 at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    On beta, I've only used it for the luls. It does bring you out of shadowform. You can't use it while the other person is falling (say on like... a valk dropping a player on LK). It would be very useful in pvp but so far in pve encounters, I haven't found a use for it.

Then again, most of the people I play with never stand in things!
    Are you sure it doesn't work on somebody (meaning the priests target) when they are falling? If so this spell just turned into garbage.

will be used 1% of the time as a superstar move..the rest of the time it will be nearly useless

leap of faith is like TO and ochocino on the same team..you think it will be like super awesome, but it just sucks

Even if it's never amazing in PvE (and I think it will have its moments there too), I can't imagine that it's a bad button to push in a lot of PvP situations.

My wife and I have been coming up with ways to use this in pve and honestly the anit-stupid uses are near endless, and there are a few ways that it could be useful.

Melee can't control his threat? Life grip /lol @dps
    Can't get out of fire? Life grip
    Boss does some nasty AoE that the tank needs to get out of? life grip

I assume this ability works while the target is incapacitated in some way and if that is the case then Life grip on people about to fear into something or if a tank is stunned. Stun would be an awesome use because a big reason I die is being stunned at the start of a fight and take a beating.

---------- Post added 2010-11-21 at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan View Post
    Even if it's never amazing in PvE (and I think it will have its moments there too), I can't imagine that it's a bad button to push in a lot of PvP situations.
    And in pvp I can't see this ability being anything but awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    Boss does some nasty AoE that the tank needs to get out of? life grip
    The dragons are a perfect example of something more than the tank needing to get out of.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

As long as the priest doesn't decide to LG when the dragon's about to breathe on the tank that is.... :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    What if a DK death grips you when you Leap of faith someone? Hmm..
    The one you Leap of Faith will move to the position the Priest was on while the Priest will be pulled towards the DK. Though if you are to slow it won't work since you are "falling" towards the DK.

I think my all time favorite for the lolz is watching my friend (warrior) charge someone, get them low hp, I pull him towards me, shadow and finish them off, it's histerical in skype!

Deleted
    What happens when two priests Leap of Faith each other at the same time? CERN LHC knows the answer!

I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Its Electric View Post

Are you sure it doesn't work on somebody (meaning the priests target) when they are falling? If so this spell just turned into garbage.
    Positive.

Tried it with a guildie... he jumped off the ledge in the middle of BWD. Proceeded to fall into the lava. Line of sight wasn't an issue.. the spell just didn't work that way.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests