Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mana issues for shadow

Hey All,
    I did some snooping and have found others like myself are having issues w/ Mana as a sp. Is this issue addressed in beta, i.e.-are we more mana efficient, or is this a known, unaddressed problem?

Are you using shadow fiend on cooldown? Dispersion when necessary? We don't have a meditation ability so we do have bad mana regeneration, but we do have shadow fiend, dispersion, replenishment, and (as bad as it is) Hymn of Hope to get our mana back.

IDK if u mean in beta or on live atm..but on live i can go for pretty much an infinite amount of time on a test dummy and remain full mana

(by infinite i mean ive sat there for 20+ minutes going all out and never went below 80%...fiend cd easily tops me back off)

the only time u can actually start losing mana is spamming mind sear...which is pretty bad now anyway, or full doting like 8+ mobs

as 80 I can't run out of mana, not even using dispersion or SWD.
    as 85 people seem to be fine, either by keeping disp or swd on cd.
    given any fight with constant aoe damage (masochism proccing)... dunno how you get these issues

My guess is that you have blue gear without any amounts of crit (as 80), so that manareturns from maxmana abilites arent benefitting that much and shadowfiend cd stays long.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

10+ Year Old Account
    On my spriest on live in mostly 264s, I'm having no mana issues at all as long as I use Shadowfiend on CD (which you should be doing anyway considering how much DPS it's doing).

At 85 I believe mana isn't isn't infinite, but is very manageable.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

15+ Year Old Account
    The mana on my premade is fine. I've been using Shadowfiend on cooldown, as well as SWD. It's very manageable and I've always got that option of using Dispersion, as well.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

I think mana in the general PvE case is okay. There are some problems though - levelling low-level shadow priests probably have too serious mana problems, and people who have done PvP as shadow in the beta report that the mana situation is bad there too.

Since the added mindflay 10 seconds taken off, that shadowfiend is great, no mana problems whatsoever, and just an extra spike of dps when you need it

On live atm, I have no mana issues of any kind. Only time, is when constantly dotting targets or Mind Searing. Bit concerned about mana in Cataclysm, but people doing it atm seem to have minimal problems. If I have to place SW: D into my rotation then great. Finally a change

See how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

Greetings to all Spriest! This is my first post on MMO-champion *cheer*.

On topic : I can't speak for the beta since I didn't play it, but on live I almost never run out of mana, thanks to all the spells and talents at our disposal to get mana back. Only fight I usually get low on mana is Dreamwalker, because of the frequency I have to cast dots on many mobs . Honestly, I don't think we will have lots of mana issues in Cataclysm either, will just have to manage our ressource better.

On live I find it impossible to go oom, really, it is, I cant.
    On beta with blue gear i struggle a bit, bit I manage with dispersion.
    On beta with epics, it's almost the same as on live.

In pvp on the other hand on beta I do struggle again, but then again, its blue gear so it might be fine with higher level of gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you spec on masochism? On live, it regenerates 4 to 5 times more mana than your shadowfiend.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

You can always cast SWD a few times to get mana back... Sure it's a DPS loss but going OOM is probably worse
    Last edited by nevermore; 2010-11-19 at 02:04 AM.

i'm having a problem going oom leveling, although it might just be i'm trying to play my shadow priest like a warlock, basically, i run up to a mob, use mind flay, then hit mind blast + SW:P, then i switch to the next, mind flay +sw + DP, then go off and on like that, i run out of mana in about 6-7 mobs worth, which i only say is bad because leveling every other class since the patch i haven't had resource problems, mages, warriors, a warlock and a shaman had no mana problems on multy mob pulls. maybe shadowfiend needs to be moved lower in the spell list?

10+ Year Old Account
    The key is to SW: Death and Shadowfiend on CD. Doing that on my ICC geared priest keeps her at 100% mana, so naturally I'm able to forego some of the SW: Deaths in order to increase my dps

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

I raided in shadow last night on my alt, had no problems at all. Not even when we pulled bosses while I was drinking after trash Shadowfiend is only a dps boost for me right now. I do have stupid amounts of spirit tho, since my MS is holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trlz View Post
    Not even when we pulled bosses while I was drinking after trash Shadowfiend is only a dps boost for me right now. I do have stupid amounts of spirit tho, since my MS is holy.
    I can't even remember the last time I drank in a raid... shadow mana regen has been out of control for awhile I am curious about the spirit though. Do you have a lot of +hit gear too or do you get pretty much all the +hit you need from Spirit? I guess I am asking what % your hit is at. It's interesting to think it might be super simple for a holy priest to be super effective as shadow in pretty much the same gear because of spirit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree. I'm literally have full mana for the duration of a boss fight... it's nice right now but beta is a different story.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Cant say I have had any mana issues what so ever, in fact on any kind of PvE encounter I think its pretty much impossible to drop below 80% ... this is on live, but even when leveling on beta I never had to drink, with Dispersion and using Fiend to pull a 2nd mob I always had enough. open with VT, MB, gets the replenishment buff going. And ofc, SW: Death, if you time it correct you'll get at least two off before they die (if used in the killshot zone) one to not kill them but to grant the mana back effect, and then as its reset to hopefully finish them off.

To the OP: Only thing I can think of is the rotation your using, are you spamming a high value spell more often than you should be?
    Last edited by Raztalin; 2010-11-19 at 05:04 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    as with others here...no mana problems with me.
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-