Best leveling rotation after level 60?

Hey all,

What do you think of my solo questing leveling rotation?

MB -> DP -> MF until <=25%hp -> Shadow Word: Death (glyphed)

All-in-all, it takes about 10 seconds to kill any creep.

Criticism/other options welcome!
    Last edited by jmachol; 2010-11-18 at 02:08 AM.

Now I haven't played my priest for half a year, but I have a lot of leveling experience with any class really.
    Ofcourse the standard thing to say is; go with whatever works for you efficiently.

While leveling my own shadowpriest (beyond 60) I started with Vampiric Touch, Mind Blast, Shadow Word: Pain and Mind Flay till the mob dies.
    Didn't use Shadow Word: Death simply because I didn't like it, and mobs would die anyway from the DoTs.

Edit: You have to weigh the mana cost, versus the damage it deals, and more importantly since Shadow Priests got a lot of DoTs; the time it takes to deal that amount of damage. That's all the advise I have!
    Last edited by rakhakash; 2010-11-18 at 02:08 AM.

Killing a mob with a glyphed Shadow Word: Death is the new Spirit Tap. You regenerate 12% of your total mana over 12 seconds.

I see, I don't know what the cost of Shadow Word: Death is, and if it outweighs one more Mind Flay or anything. Also I don't know exactly at what level you get Vampiric Touch nowadays, anyway, your rotation seems pretty solid. Maybe the Devouring Plague is a bit of a overkill? (I remember myself not using it at all while killing mobs.) Whatever suits you best!

I prefer just cast VT+SW: Pain on every mob in range, SW: Death(with Glyph of Spirit Tap) if someone is still alive/I need mana. Most Outland mobs die from VT and SW: Pain if you have herilooms.

It's possible to get Vampiric Touch at lvl 49.
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2010-11-18 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    I prefer just VT-SWain on every mob in range, SW: Death if someone is still alive/I need mana. Most outland mobs die from VT and SW: Pain if you have herilooms.
    what he said. vt and sw pain, repeat on other mobs. You can pull 3 to 4 at once

Deleted
    Been a while since I leveled my Shadow Priest. What I would do however is VT -> SW:Pain -> Mindflay til it drops dead. For bigger mob packs just VT+SW:Pain everything and finish them off with SW: Death (glyphed) when they start to drop.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    I prefer just cast VT+SW: Pain on every mob in range, SW: Death(with Glyph of Spirit Tap) if someone is still alive/I need mana. Most Outland mobs die from VT and SW: Pain if you have herilooms.

It's possible to get Vampiric Touch at lvl 49.
    this, and make sure you have the glyph for getting mana back on swain ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    this, and make sure you have the glyph for getting mana back on swain ticks.
    Please direct me to this glyph. I cannot seem to find it.

Deleted
    I don't think there's any glyph for gaining mana with sw pain ticks..

by the way I usually use VT-->SWP--> MB--> MF--> SWD (ofc glyphed)

when you get shadowy apparitions you can aggro 6+ mobs at once using VT and SWP and then just jump around em with shield up / dispersion

lvl with a sp has been one of the best experience for me cos i hardly ever stop to drink or eat up.
    i just run none stop with PWS - VT- SWP and drink potions. I dun even stop to loot lol

What I do to be honest is shield myself and put SWP and DP on 6+ targets and run around letting my shadow dudes blow them up. I have been leveling pretty fast with that strat. I also use SF and dispersion often to keep mana up.