Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why Shamans should be able to be Worgen in 4.1

Ok I know its way to close to release for this to happen so i included the 4.1 for some realism. Background info on me, I play ally and in every Xpac my first level capped toon as been my Shammy even since i leveld him at midnight TBC launch. While I love enhance, I am being careful picking my spec till enhance gets its love.

Sadly ally choices for Shaman are space goats and come Cata Dwarven Shaman.

Since Worgen can be Druids and they are just as in tune with nature as Shaman I dont see why this would be a lore issue. If a priest can be a worgen how int he world did they decide that shaman can not. Worgens are humans who by being cursed became part wolf, this imo would make them more in tuned with nature then regular humans and as a wolf nature magic would make much more sense then holy magic would it not?? Bottom line if there needs to be 2 classes worgen can not be it should be palidans and priests since both are holy in nature and worgen are cursed humans. I cursed human practicing holy magic seems like a far bigger lore jump to me then a lupine human using nature magic.

Nature doesn't equal Shaman... Nature equals Druid.

Shaman equal Elements.

Worgen should not be Shaman.

Cursed people can still be followers of the light, so Priest and Paladins still make more than enough sense for Worgen since most humans followed the light well before they were cursed and turned into Worgens.
    Last edited by thatguy181; 2010-11-18 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Typo

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4worgenshadowpriest
    "Like the ancient tibetan philosophy states; dont start none, wont be none."
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Lord Monichromicorn?
    Where is my gooooooooooooold
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley
    Lord Monichromicorn

Wheres my candy
    da best ^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy181 View Post
    Nature doesn't equal Shaman... Nature equals Druid.

Shaman equal Elements.

Worgen should not be Shaman.

Cursed people can still be followers of the light, so Priest and Paladins still make more than enough sense for Worgen since most humans followed the light well before they were cursed and turned into Worgens.
    Humans weren't able to be Druids, Worgen are - yet Worgen were human.
    Blood Elves weren't able to be Paladins. Now they are - since the Draenei arrival.
    Draenei that were "cursed" and devolved into Broken can't be followers of the Light anymore, so your statement is quite fallible.

Worgen -are- beings more in tune with Nature than they are with the Light.
    The bloodthirst and ferociousness within their kind has as much to do with Shamanism as it does with Druidism.

I see it quite simple - Worgen should be able to be Paladin & Priest or Shaman & Druid.
    Former humans able to be Priest -but not Paladin- makes no sense.
    Former humans able to be Druid -but not Shaman- makes no sense.

If Blizzard implemented racials directly into unique race/class combos, such that Worgen could only be Shadowpriests (and couldn't use holy spells), then it might make alot of sense :P
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2010-11-18 at 05:14 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

come on really? i get it they can be druids but imagine a werewolf trying to throw lightning out of his hands
    "hey, if you dont like it, go to Russia"

-Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by kharnedge View Post
    Ok I know its way to close to release for this to happen so i included the 4.1 for some realism. Background info on me, I play ally and in every Xpac my first level capped toon as been my Shammy even since i leveld him at midnight TBC launch. While I love enhance, I am being careful picking my spec till enhance gets its love.

Since Worgen can be Druids and they are just as in tune with nature as Shaman I dont see why this would be a lore issue. If a priest can be a worgen how int he world did they decide that shaman can not. Worgens are humans who by being cursed became part wolf, this imo would make them more in tuned with nature then regular humans and as a wolf nature magic would make much more sense then holy magic would it not?? Bottom line if there needs to be 2 classes worgen can not be it should be palidans and priests since both are holy in nature and worgen are cursed humans. I cursed human practicing holy magic seems like a far bigger lore jump to me then a lupine human using nature magic.
    Why do you even bother posting without reading on Lore?
    Shamans have nothing to do with Nature like the Druids.
    Read up on lore then come back.

is there any lore out there on this?

with dwarfs it comes with the tablets coming back from ulduar, but i havent read anything that even explains the worgen ability for druidism. Usually the devolpers seem to at least stick with lore but sometimes not so much.

If we where to skip over the lore and go straight to which would be the most fun for alliance. My vote would be with gnomes.

Shamans have nothing to do with nature??? Are you serious, have you read the books? The whole book about Thrall was all about him comuning with nature and the elements. Oh sorry I misspoke slightly. Yes Shamans use elemental magic, however at that point we are splitting hairs nature vs elemental magic in thoery would be very similar .... yes shamans use some limited fire magic. However to use that to disprove a worgen shaman would just prove my point further since mages can be worgen.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, just NO. this si so wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    they have to draw the line somewhere... its not for lore reasons

There are 2 Worgen Shaman in Ashenvale discussing about the volcano. Can't provide screenshots, but people in the PTR/Beta might want to check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    Paladins are crusaders of great conviction, (self-)righteous zeal and rock solid sense of purpose. The curse of lycanthropy has largely robbed most of this from the Gilnaean peoples, so it stands to reason that they don't have paladins. To much inner conflict and self doubt at being "monsters", yadda yadda.

At first blush I'd say that Worgen priests are probably similar to Forsaken priests in that they are probably all - or a huge majority - shadow (lorewise), but I'm not sure. In gameplay terms there's really no situation in which a class will be restricted to a single tree - the QQ would be epic beyond measure.

Druids and shaman aren't interchangeable "treehugger dudes". Druids are in tune with the wilds and nature, and the wolf-beast within every Gilnaean has a connection to that. Shaman are attuned to spirits and elementals, which doesn't really correlate.

Humans weren't able to be Druids, Worgen are - yet Worgen were human.

Worgen -are- beings more in tune with Nature than they are with the Light.
    The bloodthirst and ferociousness within their kind has as much to do with Shamanism as it does with Druidism.

I see it quite simple - Worgen should be able to be Paladin & Priest or Shaman & Druid.
    "The worgen in fact derive from an ancient druidic sect known as the Druids of the Scythe who worshiped the wolf Ancient Goldrinn. The chosen shapeshift form of these druids was the worgen form, but these druids lost themselves to the form's savage nature and descended into feral behaviour."

Worgen being druid makes sense, shaman does not as far as I know follow any form of lore.

I consider feral druids fo be more ferocious than a shaman.

Shamans are elemental based, druids are nature based. That would be like saying "race <x> can be mages, mages use fire, so do shamans, so race <x> needs shamans"
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Shamans have nothing to do with nature??? Are you serious, have you read the books? The whole book about Thrall was all about him comuning with nature and the elements. Oh sorry I misspoke slightly. Yes Shamans use elemental magic, however at that point we are splitting hairs nature vs elemental magic in thoery would be very similar .... yes shamans use some limited fire magic. However to use that to disprove a worgen shaman would just prove my point further since mages can be worgen.
    Shaman do not commune with nature. They commune with their ancestors and the elements. Druids do not. They commune with nature and the Emerald Dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    Paladins are crusaders of great conviction, (self-)righteous zeal and rock solid sense of purpose. The curse of lycanthropy has largely robbed most of this from the Gilnaean peoples, so it stands to reason that they don't have paladins. To much inner conflict and self doubt at being "monsters", yadda yadda.

At first blush I'd say that Worgen priests are probably similar to Forsaken priests in that they are probably all - or a huge majority - shadow (lorewise), but I'm not sure. In gameplay terms there's really no situation in which a class will be restricted to a single tree - the QQ would be epic beyond measure.

Druids and shaman aren't interchangeable "treehugger dudes". Druids are in tune with the wilds and nature, and the wolf-beast within every Gilnaean has a connection to that. Shaman are attuned to spirits and elementals, which doesn't really correlate.
    Basically, this ^

Deleted
    Imo worgen shamans are pretty awesome.

BUT: Wolfs that can turn into wolfs while summoning two wolfs is just to much wolfs in one spec.

Have you ever heard of the Druids of the Pack? They were originally night elves who are became worgen.
    Its like mixing the two races together when we speaking about the cursed ones and neither them were able to become a shaman.

So, no, forget it.

Lol, these kinds of threads always turn into "I know more lore than you!" fights...

Humans can't be shamans....Worgen=cursed human....no shaman for Worgen.

Druidism comes from being one with nature.

Shamanism comes from listening to the Elemental spirits.

They are COMPLETELY different. I'll grant you the Druids don't really make ANY sense, lore-wise... "Oh hey, we Gilnaens have always been Druids. Just because." is not a good explaination.

Now, if Worgen could only be druids AFTER the Curse takes hold (granted, this'd cause problems with the starting zone, but meh) then it may just make more sense. Since the Worgen Curse actually STARTED from Druids.

But anyways... I suppose the best explaination is...
    Worgen Druid: Worgen are part animal, so there you go.
    Worgen Priest: Any old schmuck and follow a religion and preach it.
    Worgen Paladin: Somewhat different to a Priest... Paladins are the embodiment of the Light, they don't simply follow it.
    Worgen Shaman: They aren't in touch with the elements and spirits. (NOT to be confused with Nature... stop making that mistake.)