Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ignite Munch Fixed!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Right now, up to 50% of Ignite damage disappears due to the technical limitations of spells critting within certain timeframes. This has implications for Mage dps and the value of Mastery as a stat. Is overall damage being balanced to compensate and can we expect a solution in the near future?
    We're resolving that by rolling up any "lost" ignite damage into the next ignite that overwrote it

hallelujah!

edit: THIS IS AN OLD POST, THEY STILL HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING TO FIX THIS!
    Last edited by DeathDefier; 2011-02-11 at 08:30 PM.

yeah, server cant handle LB+FB+PB critting at the same time, hope they do actually fix this.

I will believe it when I see it, but I sure as hell hope they fixed it.

^ same as that guy

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Right now, up to 50% of Ignite damage disappears due to the technical limitations of spells critting within certain timeframes. This has implications for Mage dps and the value of Mastery as a stat. Is overall damage being balanced to compensate and can we expect a solution in the near future?
    We're resolving that by rolling up any "lost" ignite damage into the next ignite that overwrote it

hallelujah!
    Once this is implemented and you get enough crits to never let Ignite fall off, the ticks at the very end of the fight will be unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Meijnrr View Post
    Once this is implemented and you get enough crits to never let Ignite fall off, the ticks at the very end of the fight will be unreal.
    Ignite doesn't roll anymore afaik. TBH I haven't done much cata/4.0 reading up since im super casual at least until launch. Your individual ticks will be a bit larger with the lost damage carrying over, but it will fall off in four seconds regardless of how many crits you get. The damage stacks on the new ignite tick, it doesn't refresh anything.

I'll believe it when it happens.

In my mind, Ignite Munching falls into the same category of bugs as broken Vanish and backwards Blink. They'll talk about it forever, say they understand, tell the community time and time again that they're developing a fix, and then months later claim they can't fix it due some "technical limitation" which is tantamount to saying "it's too much work and we don't feel like it."

If they're serious about fixing Ignite and they actually manage to pull it off, cool, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.

As said ealier i'll believe it when i see it.

If they fixed it tho, im gonna be a very happy camper

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    Ignite doesn't roll anymore afaik. TBH I haven't done much cata/4.0 reading up since im super casual at least until launch. Your individual ticks will be a bit larger with the lost damage carrying over, but it will fall off in four seconds regardless of how many crits you get. The damage stacks on the new ignite tick, it doesn't refresh anything.
    As I understood it they changed that back to the old style a while back. It won't matter much in cata either way, simply because our crit will never be so high to keep ignite up without ticking like we do in ICC.

I've had Ignite roll post 4.01.

Is that not intended?

I'm a little skeptical. Either way this change is way over due.

this never happened did it?.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magictricks View Post
    this never happened did it?.
    Damn your thread necromancy! Here I was thinking they actually fixed it, but noooooooo, post from last year. Curse my witty optimism.
    BfA Beta Time

Agreed..... I cried a little. I don't think it will ever be truly fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Damn your thread necromancy! Here I was thinking they actually fixed it, but noooooooo, post from last year. Curse my witty optimism.
    Rofl, yeah, seriously. I was all excited about it...then I kept reading...and I saw a post by myself...that I hadn't made yet...sadface...

10+ Year Old Account
    i hate u all

10+ Year Old Account
    /dream. Someday hopefully they can fix it but I don't see that happening in the near future unfortunately :-/

There are a number of solutions that have been suggested in this thread, and I encourage anyone with some good ideas to post em there too, but I'm not holding my breath for a fix anytime soon. Earliest I think we'd see any kind of fix is 4.1, and thats being pretty optimistic still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    I totally agree with you sir.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomity View Post
    /dream. Someday hopefully they can fix it but I don't see that happening in the near future unfortunately :-/

There are a number of solutions that have been suggested in this thread, and I encourage anyone with some good ideas to post em there too, but I'm not holding my breath for a fix anytime soon. Earliest I think we'd see any kind of fix is 4.1, and thats being pretty optimistic still.
    How bout they just say fuck it to ignite and increase our critical strike multiplier by 40%?
    BfA Beta Time

I regret making this thread