Titans Grip or Single-Minded Fury

So I know we dont know to much about cata weapons atm, but has anyone simmed/speculated/randomly guessed if TG or SMF will be a better for PvE fury? Or do you think it will depend on the weapons you have at your disposal?
    What about for PvP?
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

I'm interested in this as well as I hope it will be more of a choice of what you like better. I myself enjoy two 1-handed weapons much more than two 2-handers.

Deleted
    Think I read somewhere, probably EJ, that until slow/very slow one-handers are available (which apparently will happen in Cata), SMF is not that great. TG will initially scale better for sure in pve. Also, as of now, Slam (in Fury) is next to useless as far as I can tell.

I'm not certain how normalisation of procs works while duel wielding. But I can tell you that while duel wielding double one-handers, the proc rates for certain enchants (e.g. Crusader) are much higher than you would obtain from a single slow two-hander. Another reason one-handed weapons, especially heirlooms, are very nice for 1-80 levelling. The other reasons would be that you'd always have a tanking weapon and you generate rage more quickly with fast duel-wield weapons.

However, for the burst, I'd still take two-hander or TG spec or prot for pvp.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-11-19 at 10:36 AM.

My initial thought (that is, with nothing to back it up) was that SMF would be better for pvp, specially vs casters for the enchant proc rates and spell pushback and that TG would be a pve thing.

Dunno, either way i hope its close enough so its preference, ive always like fury wars with 2 1 handers
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Deleted
    TG just hits harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my money on TG for PvE, just a feeling I have ^^
    Assistant (to the) Regional Manager.

I'm like to run with SMF in Cata although I'll prob run a TG spec alongside until I can determine which is best for my playstyle.

I will be running with whatever comes out the best DPS wise ( unless it's a very tiny margin, I dont want to spend hours and hours getting Jin'rokh and not even use it as SMF ) but I will admit SMF will look interesting in later tiers when our haste is insane
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
    So I know we dont know to much about cata weapons atm, but has anyone simmed/speculated/randomly guessed if TG or SMF will be a better for PvE fury? Or do you think it will depend on the weapons you have at your disposal?
    What about for PvP?
    as of right now TG is vasty beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulf View Post
    You actually get a raidspot as a clicker dps

sigh.

After switching from SMF (using an agility 2.60 speed main-hand ilvl 251 with 1.70 speed tanking offhand ilvl 251) to titans grip (citadel enforcers claymore and death's bite in the offhand), I noticed a very obvious decrease to not only overall DPS but the damage that all of my specials do. My strength went up quite a bit (around 250 points from the switch), but it's still a bit gap. I was able to pull, single target, in heroics with the 5% buff around 8k. As TG I can pull around 7k. This doesn't make much sense to me, unless the 25% and rage generation from SMF is way better than TGs double damage white hits and bigger raging blows.

Think that TG is better ,you cann have 2 handed and no dmg is reduced ,think your dps is better with 2 handed then with SMF........

Deleted
    TG untill slow 1handlers with STR instead of AGI are available - after that it will be a subject to some number crunching.

Untill then, TG owns SMF big time on the same gearlevel.

Deleted
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=59521 aint that a slow 1h with str?

Didnt blizz stated that on same ilevels TG will always be better? but if u got onehander better then 2h then u cna run with SMF a little

I ahvent really sat down to work it out but its a KNOWN fact the slower the weapon the more benefital AP will be for it when performing an instant attack... rogues have always had this now warriors with the removeal of "on next attack" form cleave + heroic strike.

Lets do a simple math problem excluding the things like talents + buffs... because stated as above well the slower will benefit more. Ofc including single minded fury buff only.

264 ilvl 1handed dps = 226.8DPS*1.15=260.82 (2.6 speed)*2.6 = 678.132 instant attack.
    264 ilvl 2handed dps = 294.9DPS (3.6 speed)*3.6 = 1061.64 instant attack.

Autohitting simpled 2handed wins and obviously when two things receive the same nerf as being on offhand would get reducing to 75%.. the higher one stays higher. As far as i can tell, only one buff benefits onehand's more and thats the single minded fury slam hits with both weps.

MH 264 ilvl 1handed dps = 226.8DPS*1.15=260.82 (2.6 speed)*2.6 = 678.132 instant attack.
    OH 264 ilvl 1handed dps = (226.8DPS/1.25)*1.15=208.656 (2.6 speed)*2.6 = 542.5056 instant attack.

Thats 1220.6376 slam being naked. with no AP or buffs or talents vs 1061.64 from your 2handed weapon. (excluding extra dmg from slamsince both receive it). AP will effect both thus 1handed will stay higher slamming dmg, where as heroic strike, cleave, whirlwind and most important raging blow will stay far superior. Right now selfbuffed on my warrior I manage 17k heroic strikes vs 10k slams. Slam isnt worth putting into your rotation.

PS: purposely used two slow 1handed sofr maxium dmg (and less work).

The only way for single minded to become better is to provide roughly 10-15% more hit... the hit cap is ridiculous. The extra stats gained through required so much less hit may provide the balanced dps + 1handed DPS being at the very least the most viable leveling and newly dinged spec. or even remove the "duel" weilding part of single minded fury and make it when weilding at lest one, 1handed weapon... it will be a white dmg dps decrease also a small rage loss but a 15% dmg boost to ur abilitys and only whirlwind would suffer a huge loss... which is what blizz was aiming for anyway.

What you guys say to using both a 2handed + 1handed as a subistute? I like the idea for many reasons... the main one being two huge weapons on the back can look retarded while a 2handed on back with a 1handed on side looks badass is most aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by antifreeze View Post
    Didnt blizz stated that on same ilevels TG will always be better? but if u got onehander better then 2h then u cna run with SMF a little
    No they havn't
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=59521 aint that a slow 1h with str?
    Yeah, ilvl359 weapons are truly in abundance in current content

Didn't I say until such weapons are available?
    I'm fairly sure I did...

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by antifreeze View Post
    They haven't - in fact they would like to keep it equal for the same ilvl and provide us with the luxry of choice based on personal preference and /or weapons availability.

This, of course, is not the fact in the current lvl 80 content for obvious reasons.

I have a feeling, now that fury warriors are going for the hard hit cap, that TG will most likely always be better just because of the larger stat budget of a 2h vs a 1h, and that's most likely the reason why it will always be better, sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think TG will give you better auto attack dmg, while SMF will give your abilities more dmg.

It will really depend on your ability to generate rage.