Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    ask for salv, intervene or w/e else and stop bitching about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    does switching to cat form and using cower help? (serious question... I dont have a druid until cata)
    post 4.0 yeah it actually does.

As a prot warrior I can attest to the fact the my ability to grab mass of amounts of threat at the beginning of a fight isn't nearly as strong as it was. I lost a ton of attack power since the patch in prot, basically vengeance is amazing but it takes too long to build up. The new mechanic helps a lot but not until later in a fight at which point i never ever had threat problems before. Since the patch my ability to get instant high amounts of threat just doesn't feel nearly as strong, hopefully this will get better in cataclysm or I'll just have to learn to deal with it and so will dps, for example starting a fight using battle-shout, beserker rage, recklessness, and charging to have enough rage/damage at the start of a fight to get a decent threat lead. Note this has only been a little bit of an issue on fights in older content where the bosses can't knock off a 1/3 of my health at the start of a fight to give me enough rage to dump. I mean shit when I have to wait 4-5 seconds just to use heroic strike and still have enough rage to shield slam my threat isn't going to be very good. Really this issue has been from not having enough rage to dump at the start of a fight.

if you're pushing 27k tps it means you're doing 27k dps..

just so you know thats pretty impossible. you're overagroin because your tanks suck or you cannot use your brain
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

Fade is more than enough for a shadow priest not to pull aggro >.>

To the OP, that sucks =[ Fury has always had really high threat and I guess that isn't helping now .

Quote Originally Posted by Oweena View Post
    if you're pushing 27k tps it means you're doing 27k dps..

just so you know thats pretty impossible. you're overagroin because your tanks suck or you cannot use your brain
    um, id say unlikely but not impossible. i could see a bis warrior with shadowmourne doing 27k with heroism and popping cds.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

It's threads like this that really make you notice how much wrath fucked this game up.

It's pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmonkey View Post
    not to make you feel worse about the Warrior but if your refering to Soulshatter then its once every 2 minutes.
    Brb, Linken Park...

Quote Originally Posted by Ttam View Post
    Fade is more than enough for a shadow priest not to pull aggro >.>
    It drops threat yeah.. for 10seconds.. then it ALL comes back so you're in the same position you were in before. Not saying it's not better than nothing, but I do end up bitching for Salv alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Moralio View Post
    /sign

Aye, it is annoying. I usually then just run around and spam moonfire/sunfire. Some quick threat dump like Mirror Image would be great.
    Mirror Image doesn't dump threat permanently, so even if you arent pulling aggro you will still be above the tank in threat after the effect goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Karshda View Post
    Mirror Image doesn't dump threat permanently, so even if you arent pulling aggro you will still be above the tank in threat after the effect goes away.
    true but any semi intelligent mage hits invis 3-5 seconds before mirror is up so they don't pull.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmonkey View Post
    true but any semi intelligent mage hits invis 3-5 seconds before mirror is up so they don't pull.
    True, but tbh if Mirror Images wasnt a cooldown i wouldnt even use it. I would just hit invis

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Dying is the best threat reduction of all!

That... As a fury warrior... I never die with my spec. (but I'm getting the nerf bat on all my crazy self heals, so it won't last long..)

Since I do tanking as well, I have the {Corroded Skeleton Key} trinket that allows for some dmg absorption as a "non-bubble" class. If I'm fighting a boss or adds that don't require me to use my PvP trinket, I'll slap this on my char. and truck into the fight expecting some aggro to get dumped on me. AS SOON AS SOME DOES... I imeediately pop this, along with all my regen. abilities until the aggro subsides or the enemy is dps'ed down by the group... this has worked really well in my raids...

Personally, the whole 'glass cannon' aspect of DPS is rather annoying.. 0 HP = 0 dps... Better to outlast your targets, than outdamage it...cuz Blizzard will always give the highest HP to the Boss..

Quote Originally Posted by Sollace View Post
    Frost Dk here. I still find it funny how fast i pull aggro lol.
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by drbutcher View Post
    Wotlk has poisoned people so much.What's the problem with threat?Do you prefer it the way it was during wotlk when everyone just ignored it after the first 3 seconds?

Have you ever heard the phrase "threat capped"?Many classes/specs were threat capped before wotlk.It was a way to limit their dps without nurfing them in pvp or solo.I can't see the problem here.Your dps is as high as your threat allow you.Will you prefer to be like enha shamans doing 16-17k dps with 30% buff and BiS gear? Be happy with what you have and just watch your threat.It's not that hard.
    Yeah "vengeance is too slow" what the hell? You have to wait a few seconds. Remember TBC? Remember how most fights were basically about managing threat for DPS, timing your threat drop so it was perfect, letting the tank build a lead so a few crits didn't rip it off? Then watching your threat the whole time, to be honest, it was a bit ridiculous at higher levels of gear and sucked, but the idea of having to pay a *little* attention maybe wait 10 seconds isn't so bad and the former part is actually fun. There's nothing horribly broken about having to wait 10 seconds to DPS. With most tanks this lets them position it and then build the hopo for a SOTR and stack their censure DoT, oor stack lacerate and fearie fire up (and pop beserk once they're rolling?). I suspect warriors are least constrained by ramp up, but that's the way it goes. If tank threat isn't an issue beyond a ramp up, it's not an issue. If you have threat issues beyond that ramp up, then that's very different but if waiting 10 seconds before even starting your own ramp up is enough, then threat isn't an issue unless those enrage timers are tight.

As for OP, his damage is also disgustingly high. If he was threat capped below all the other DPS I'd say "Oh that sucks" but if you're threat capped because you do more DPS than anyone else, well everyone has their constraint for DPS don't they?

As a Feral tank, the rage dump is what really hurts. I have to pop Enrage in order to even START building rage in most fights. I could be wrong in method (Mainspec healer) but dps not waiting for a tank to build on rage is a bad idea. Once we can rage dump, it tends to not be an issue but not having that can seriously hurt. At least I think so.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a tank (pally) the only class that I have a real problem with sometimes in 5mans, aggro wise, is dps warriors, you guys just have INSANE aggro at the moment. So I completely agree, but hopefully its balanced out at 85 or something so your aggro isn't as much comparatively to tanks.

An example is, I was doing Tempest Keep mount run the other day with 9 of us, aggro in low level instances for dps is already inflated from what I understand, I was having trouble keeping aggro on the adds at first but that was managable, but when the boss activated and I had to get aggro on him..I actually couldn't get aggro at all, taunt immune boss's in BC so yea.

I popped wings, I got lucky on two shield of righteousness crits in a row at the beginning, I even salved the warrior but he was tanking that thing up until the last 5 seconds before he went into air phase..it was so ridiculous.
    Last edited by Anakso; 2010-11-19 at 06:16 AM.

Tell you the same thing I tell everyone in my raids, watch your aggro or get the fuck out, the tanks know what they are doing so there is no reason for you to pull and say it's their fault when no one else pulled.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

10+ Year Old Account
    in raids, the DK and pally tanks seem to have a slightly easier job holding aggro in the first 20 secs or so, and then seem to manage to hold it well through-out. Only from what i've personally seen, druid and warr tanks struggle with it compared to DKs/Pallys.
    Maybe it is a rage issue then.
    These new invasion bosses have been a pain in the arse really (well The Princess and Ghaz'rilla)
    Even with Com/Battle shout + charge (or shifting bear + charge) + both classes rage builder out of combat, i struggle to generate enough to hold it off dps who went bat shit crazy with CDs and trinkets.

I dont profess to being a great tank (or even a good one really :-/) and their gear is fairly cack, but i find it a dam sight easier if dps dont go totally nuts off the bat and i get to hit shit a couple times first.
    Its pissed me off so much in the last 2 days, that i made a macro basically asking (politely) to let me get a few seconds head start, that i aint that great, and if they feel like going totally mad, i'll stand back and watch them tank.
    And i have. Destro locks pulling, ele shamans slamming Lava Bursts before i've even had charge range >.<
    Fuck it, i'll watch u die and feel no guilt :P

(kinda reminds me of Vanilla where tanks went ape shit if u so much as wanded a mob before it had 3-5 sunders :P Cata is gunna be such a retard filter)

Quote Originally Posted by Tripwar View Post
    Like the title says, I want some kind of threat reduction, threat push, or threat dump. Even with TotT I have to wait an extra 5-10 seconds before I start doing damage. With cooldowns popped I pull 25-27k tps. It is stupid with the way tricks works now because as soon as it wears off the tank threat drops and I have to competely stop everything except white damage(with sometimes if i get really unlucky i have to stop that as well). Fury's threat was retarded pre-4.0 and with removing Imp. Bzerker Stance I out threat everything. So, I guess take this as a QQ thread. I don't really care, I just want Blizz to throw us some kind of threat reduction without beating us with the nerf stick.
    You mean you have to watch your threat like Warriors did in BC? *gasp* Vengeance might seem flawed to you, but it's working as they want it to. They don't want it to stay up forever and they don't want it to be the thing that determines whether you can hold threat. Like many said, your tank needs to learn to generate threat better. I have had zero threat issues with a paladin, dk and warrior so far as I haven't brought myself to respec my druid back to feral. The only time I have issues is before I can even get through two spells someone decides they are going to start immediately which after a taunt and few more hits it is fixed.

Sounds like you need to actually wait a good 5-10 seconds before you start doing damage. There is nothing wrong with waiting a few seconds at the start of battle for a tank to generate threat. Part of the other issue sounds to me that your more worried about your damage/dps than being concerned with your threat/fight. Don't pop cooldowns at the very start if you want to blow them at least wait 30 seconds so you know tank has ample time.

Now if your still having threat issues, then it's your tank. Regardless of who it is, doesn't mean they are perfect and they are probably screwing up. If you wait at the start to dps, wait a few to pop cooldowns, and not hit an ability everytime and still pull then it's definitely him.

---------- Post added 2010-11-18 at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaubertlives View Post
    It drops threat yeah.. for 10seconds.. then it ALL comes back so you're in the same position you were in before. Not saying it's not better than nothing, but I do end up bitching for Salv alot.
    I'm not sure if you understand quite how Fade works then. It's a 15 second cooldown with 10 second duration (so you can have it up at least 75% of the fight if you truly wanted to). When you pop it you no longer generate threat for 10 seconds and once those 10 seconds end you go back to your threat prior to using it. Now if your tank can't build up enough aggro between those 10 seconds then it's obviously an issue on his end. If that is the case then your best off using Mind Blast during Fade so you don't generate massive threat. Other than that you should only have to use Fade maybe twice in a row and after that you shouldn't be needing a Salv unless your tank truely sucks. My spriest has had zero issues with threat, minus things like beasts in ICC.