Priest PvP as Blizzard sees it

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder (when someone doesn't look at the larger picture.) What you may see as an "obvious problem" may not be a problem at all other than in how you're approaching it. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great, but we definitely plan to keep an eye out on things and have additional ideas should they be necessary to implement.
    From - Source

For those interested in just how broken priest healing (especially Disc) at 85 in PvP is have a read of this arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=214833 It explains very well, time and time again the problems that Disc has and many legitimate ways to resolve it. To see such a clueless response from Blizzard is shocking really.

He then followed that beautiful display of incompetence and ignorance with this beauty:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Please refrain from "interpreting" what I've said. That is not what I said nor what I'm implying. When the next major patch releases, we'll talk more and see where you're at. Then we'll talk some more and see if we can find out what the root issues are and I'll convey them to the development team. Sometimes though, the answer is "no" or "we don't see it." I'm not saying either of those things right now. I'm just letting you know that we may not always agree with you.
    Cheers Blizzard, you wanted to focus on PvP balance this expansion, but at 85 it is the worst it has ever been (even worse than 4.0.1 at 80). Mages, Ferals and Holy Paladins are completely out of hand and many specs are totally dead. You are making no effort to change this at all and simply say "shut up and stop moaning we will 'attempt' to fix it maybe in a few months time." Priests are dead in PvP, they have been since the beginning of Beta. At that time all healing was crap, but they have been able to buff other healers quite well yet they ignored Priests and said they are fine. Despite the majority view (of non-priests as well) of Beta players being that Disc Priest is by far the worst spec in PvP, even worse than Holy PvP which is also broken by the way (but because it is simply not a PvP spec).

I don't really know what to add, we've given so much feedback about what Disc PvP's problems are, how to fix it and all we get is this. What a waste of time S9 will be, might as well just level up my Paladin and join the rest of the crowd.

Edit: To those who will come in with some totally unrelated comment about PvE, don't even bother.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-11-19 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    pve more

I say just quit until they fix it. By lvling another fotm class you're just continuing to pay blizz when they don't deserve it.

And that's already the end of this thread, before I let another raging tearfest get out of hand.

Locked, instead of deleted, so people can read the blueposts.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~