10+ Year Old Account

end game arms warrior

will arms truly be an end game pve viable spec? i hate fury and my guild already have the tanks. plus, i really really love arms. i just hope it can compete with fury and other classes on deeps.

if by end game you mean tier 11 raid content - yep

Hope so too because I just can't get in the hang of Fury, they seem less varied and too simple to play to be honest, that said I really hope the Colossus Smash (or something) will work for Arms.
    torbase.tk
    Looking for voluntary writers!

Arms is viable now ... Fury is a bit out of line because they can reach the DW hit cap, but that will go away. At 85 Arms checks out in front of Fury atm.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

CS + some haste on gear and Arms comes in front. That's until Cataclysm gear allows to reach hit hardcap without seriously gimping other stats which I expect won't happen until t12 or so.

Deleted
    This is a game. Games are meant to be fun. I've always enjoyed playing as Arms because it's just that - fun!

Fury puts out higher DPS in most situations, but it's truly boring once you get used to seeing huge numbers flashing up whenever you press 2 or 3 buttons.

Arms is amazing if you can play it well, and it needs a lot more attention than Fury. I usually feel pleased with myself when I come out shining on the DPS meters despite being told that my spec is 'wrong' by other players in the raid.

I'd say it's viable for sure.

Is really Fury surpassing Arms in the current build raid-wise? I even recently got kicked from a couple raids in my server only, and only because my DPS spec was Arms, getting as the only explanation 'Arms is PvP, Fury or gtfo'. They didn't even know my DPS recount yet, it was a decition 100% based on my choice of spec.

I do admit, that in my case, DPS recount by hitting the raid training dummie for 3 mins or so, and only Battle shout buff, is around 5-6k DPS with criticals hitting at most 9-10k dmg (most of them from Mortal Strike & Overpower), which indeed is too low compared to other DPS classes in same level of gear.

Gear wise, I am wearing mostly 251+ ilvl gear (only 1 ring and 1 trinket being 230s) with the 2h sword from 10 man ICC Marrowgar as my weapon, 2/4 t10 pieces and all pieces fully enchanted/gemmed with STR/Critical and Hit & Expertise at their correct caps. Mastery I have reforged to around 140, altough according to recount the extra hits from the Mastery were barely 10-14% of my overall DPS, even Rend being a higher % in the end.

I'd like to test Fury myself, but getting a decent 2nd 251+ ilvl 2h weapon would take a long while not to mention I would have to re-gem most of my gear to reach the higher hit cap.

Edit: I understand the fact it is a game and I should play it however I find it more fun to do so, and I really like the style of the Arms spec. However, if it reaches the point where I am even being kicked from raids solely for the fact I am in that spec...
    Last edited by Daiju; 2010-11-20 at 10:08 AM.
    Amidst the eternal waves of time
    From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
    Out of the Abyss peer the eyes of a demon
    Behold the Razgriz, it's wings a black sheath