Deleted

WTB Tauren mages

Why cant we have tauren mages they would look so cool :<

its not as if tauren priests were not bad enough........

tauren look like shit in cloth, and i doubt their culture has accepted arcane magic, they don't practice it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Arcane magic is an abomination according to them. If they are useing magic it has to come from nature in some way. Arcane does not and is taught/stolen almost everytime. Taurens aren't taught to be druids or shaman, they are already imbued with this magic and only have to concentrate and harness it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I checked druids use arcane magic. Agree on tauren mages being wrong though, wouldn't fit at all.

Druids use magic from nature. Not arcane.

10+ Year Old Account
    And give mages ANOTHER racial stun? Make them even more OP? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiie View Post
    Actually, you're half right. They use both arcane and nature based magic. Moonfire, Starfire, and Starfall (just to name a few) are actually arcane based magic. Wrath, thorns, treants (though the treants themselves do physical damage), etc are nature based magic.

To be fair, I think they should have removed arcane entirely from the druid spells and made them all nature based. But, that's a topic for another time. In the interim, however, this is definitely 'correct' in game.
    Those spells might be arcane base for game mechanic wise, however lore wise they're anything but. The names Moonfire Starfire are more celestial then arcane, base more on the NE nocturnal worship of moon and stars.

That said, they butchered the lore enough already to allow paladins, just put it out of its misery and give them mage and warlocks. I mean the world is crumbling and seing as some taurens can convert to the twilight cult, there no reason why some cant go find some fel/arcane energy for extra security.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    That said, they butchered the lore enough already to allow paladins, just put it out of its misery and give them mage and warlocks. I mean the world is crumbling and seing as some taurens can convert to the twilight cult, there no reason why some cant go find some fel/arcane energy for extra security.
    It's not really that cows can't be mages, it's that Horde cows don't believe in being mages. Sure a twilight cultist cow can be anything he wants, but we can't play as him.

Cloth kinda looks like crap on tauren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cows shooting arcane missiles..hmm...

The T10 is amazingly funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Deleted
    this made me lol i think it is enough that tauren are able to be a priest and paladin now, so i would rather not have them as mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post

The T10 is amazingly funny.
    Nicely done on the images. Tauren really should not have any more cloth wearers....

I have to admit though that seeing big frickin cows firing arcane missiles would be hilarious though... *daydreams*

Druids do NOT use arcane magic. They cause arcane damage as per the mechanics of the game. Deny it and you'll be calling poison and lightning the exact same thing.

How mages work is, no matter which type of spell they cast, they channel through arcane energies to get it. This differs from:
    Warlocks, who use a combination of arcane and fel (both of which are based from the Twisting Nether)
    Druids, who channel their spells through the Emerald Dream.
    Priests, who call upon the Shadow for spriests, and a multitude of holy beings/energies for holy and disc spells.
    Paladins, same as priests.
    Shamans, who call upon the elements to do their spells.

TLR: Spell damage types don't necessarily reflect what the spells actually are.