Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

^ 5 mins ago

Just in time

Also did anyone else notice this..

In preparation for the new flex lock system we’ll be wiping the following raid locks at the time of the next patch release.
    Sounds suspiciously like they are going to release it on a non-Tuesday (ie tomorow?) if they are planning on wiping lockouts. Since normally they would be wiped anyway on Tuesday. Just a thought..
    Last edited by Tsudots; 2010-11-20 at 03:53 AM.

While the changes to Loremaster as far as its requirements were announced long ago, the contribution or not now of most of those quests you did previously has only just been announced, and I will agree that was a bit late to tell us that.
    I am in the lucky position to have completed Loremaster a while ago, so will be unaffected, though knowing of people who are still on the grind.

15+ Year Old Account
    the Zombie Invasion may have been a Griefers paradise, but it was better then this crap Elemental Invasion which is just a Nuisance instead of something actually fun.

Been looking around for an answer but unlucky me hasnt found anything on it. Was there ever a say on the Seeker tittle? in other words the 3k quests done achievment. Im a little under 300 quests left for it, its not a real big deal to me but the tittle is kinda cool. So i guess my question would be is this achievment going to have the same changes as loremaster, as in any quest ive done that wont exist anymore wont count for it, so my number will lower, or will i keep my 2700 some odd quests done and i can probably finish it easy in cata.
    if theres a link to a post that ive overlooked on it, that would be great

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Zombie invasion, may you return when our fire-ice-paladin-Lich-King awakens from atop the Icecrown Citadel once more!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsudots View Post

Sounds suspiciously like they are going to release it on a non-Tuesday (ie tomorow?) if they are planning on wiping lockouts. Since normally they would be wiped anyway on Tuesday. Just a thought..
    Normally you can reactivate a raid lock if you want to continue working on the previous save to the instance. I think this is saying that they are wiping those out. So you won't be able to extend an ID from before the Shattering.

Ya this is pretty cool info! I'm expecting Tuesday to be one of those days... Where the game servers don't go back up until 7-9PM eastern. Productive RL day coming up, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Leggomyeggo View Post
    Normally you can reactivate a raid lock if you want to continue working on the previous save to the instance. I think this is saying that they are wiping those out. So you won't be able to extend an ID from before the Shattering.
    Yeah thats what I thought it could be. It would be interesting if I woke up tomorrow morning to a patch download though lol.

*Runs off to go finish Zandalar rep

Um blizzard doesn't hate healers. They hate rogues and melee classes.

Zombie Invasion: I camped, tried to get kills at invasion points, made parties with friends so we were more likely to get em. Had some fun.
    Elemental Invasion: WTF, this shit again? I guess I can't use the Auction House for another hour+... Haven't even considered doing a single quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsudots View Post

No, just means you won't be able to extend an old raid ID as they will all be wiped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Zombie Invasion / Elemental Invasion
    It's sort of that damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

The response from the zombie invasion was overwhelmingly negative, and so we took that feedback and made sure that future events would be fun and interactive, but not a griefers paradise.

Obviously there are plenty of griefers though, and they'll always remember it and always compare events to it. Nothing will ever be as 'fun' as the zombie event was, and that's sort of the point, it's not a type of fun that most people enjoyed.

I'll always look back on the zombie event fondly, just as I will the shattering, but for different reasons.
    So, so very much this. Those who believe that the Zombie Invasion was great and blame others such as myself for the allegedly inferior Elemental Invasion are venting their rage in the wrong direction. You want someone to be mad at? How about the ones who exploited the world event to ruin others' playing experience en masse -- they're "why we can't have nice things."
    Last edited by Alayea; 2010-11-20 at 04:52 AM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

I'm pretty happy with the direction they seem to be going with healing. I started in WoTLK, where it was all about the heal spam. doesn't matter what's happening, just spam (for me it was Chain Heal) during the fight and hopefully lag/rng doesn't screw me. And i didn't like that. Maybe it's all from my survival horror genre love, but fun to me is conserving, using the right tool for the job, and knowing when to act, and when to chill (for example, in Resident Evil: Don't use a shotgun on a lone or even group of zombies if you've got the space to dodge or use handgun. And use zombie resets upon exiting a room to your advantage, scout a room for a path, exit room, re enter room and then move). I measure my success in those games by how many supplies i can save, while still getting the job done. If healing can be more about this, then i'll be in heaven.

If you don't already have Lore Master done then you obviously didn't care enough to do it, stop complaining, maybe if you put effort into it for the last few years it wouldn't have changed. Your whining isn't valid because your concern to get the achivement was never valid in the first place.

thats exactly what i thought tsudots

I must have more zombie invasion! Damn you Blizzard, there goes my dreams of a zombie invasion holiday.

Perhaps there's still hope, wintergrasp could be turned into a full time zombie invasion pvp quest hub since no one will really want to do vault anymore. Every few hours it'd be Cult of the Damned vs Dalaran, with player controlled monsters; a thick fog/blizzard and creepy music!

Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    LOL. They say this now and we have 3 days to get the rest of the quests done... Preplanning fail on Blizzards part.
    More like laziness on your part I still cant believe there are people who haven't got loremaster yet that want it. I had it 3/4 done already on the day they implemented the achievement system back at the end of BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    The zombie invasion was great, even for all the griefers and reverse-griefers who wanted to track down and smite people who were trying to use being infected for RP. (Probably didn't see much of this on non-RP realms, but still.) There was something much more intense and ... I dunno, immersive about the zombie invasion. I remember clustering on the roofs of Orgrimmar in the Valley of Wisdom with other players when the Aboms and Frostwyrms showed up after the Thrall and Garrosh event, and making the bank roof a gathering point when the Plague really kicked into high gear at the end, with hunters and mages setting up salvo fire to keep the zombies from getting close and infecting the melee or healers.

(Although I did have a good friend at the time infest two or three of the murlocs on Quel'Danas and turn it into a self-sustaining plague of zombie murlocs absolutely annihilating people trying to get those last few days of dailies done. Shit was so cash.)

Quote Originally Posted by Guenhwyvaria View Post
    More like laziness on your part I still cant believe there are people who haven't got loremaster yet that want it. I had it 3/4 done already on the day they implemented the achievement system back at the end of BC.
    Meh, it's just something for people to complain about and very few people will pass up an opportunity to complain on the internet. I'm really happy to see them introducing the Outland/Northrend system for individual zone quest achievements. It's so much easier to track and to know where to focus your efforts. It's going to make getting the achievement on a new Goblin or Worgen way less irritating.

As far as the Seeker quests go... I'd wager that you will lose credit for those quests as well, but that is just a guess...

Zombie invasion was awesome.

LOL at people trying to just now get Loremaster.